[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What probably happens after death and since you have happened

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_6013.jpg (365KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6013.jpg
365KB, 1280x856px
What probably happens after death and since you have happened once, could you happen again somehow?
>>
probably like the end of the movie 2001,

it will probably look nothing like what people think it looks like, will look crazy and insane, and your first thought will be oh fuck
>>
I want to die under a brain scanner machine, and after waiting as long as the doctors possibly can leave me dead without brain damage revive me. I want to know what it's like to be dead, but I don't want to kill myself because I want to live.
>>
>>39547874
you become worm food, death is just the cessation of electrochemical reactions in the body.
you are just a machine. live, die, move on. you, as a person, only exist as a concept we invented to make us feel superior.
you're only different from an animal because you believe you are.
>>
>>39548665
is there any chance that somehow since my sense of self happened once i or even you could happen again somehow? i know this sounds retarded but thats what bothers me, if death is all there is i like that more than "oh your mind is something metaphysical" honestly i dont see how that could be possible but still it crosses my mind

sorry if that sounds retarded
>>
>>39547874
Consider clones. They are not you. A perfect recreation of you would not be you even if the original stops existing.
>>
>>39549096
oh shit good point thank you

ive wondered this and gotta agree, its impossible to feel what it would be feeling
>>
>>39549067
I mean, with enough time, copies of us could be theoretically recreated just cause there's only so many options, but that probability is incomprehensibly low.
so to me, practically, no. enjoy your worm food existence, friend.
>>
>>39549119
>I mean, with enough time, copies of us could be theoretically recreated just cause there's only so many options, but that probability is incomprehensibly low.
yep that is exactly what i meant im glad you get it

thanks for getting it
>>
>>39547874
You don't die, you go fight evil in another dimension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROdHOoIzZ48
>>
Hey OP, I'm gonna try to induce a little existential crisis and try to give you your answer in a way that's easier to understand once you have a different concept already grasped.

Do you think teleportation is possible? The act of taking all of your particles, sending them through the air via radio waves, and reassembling them on the other end of another terminal. Looking beyond the realm of physics of course, just saying "if" that worked or something similar to it did.
>>
File: 1504130235082.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1504130235082.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>39549096
This is incorrect.

You are your conscious, and if you were perfectly recreated, your conscious would be obliterated, but you would still retain sentience as you're constantly destroyed and re-made.

The atoms that comprised you when you were 4 are all gone, and you've technically already died multiple times.
>>
>>39549175
I always thought Star Trek was hilarious, like each time they used the teleporter their bodies were ripped apart and they died, and an atomically perfect clone of them was created on the other side. Show would've been better if they shrieked in pain every time this happened.
>>
>>39547874
remember the billions of years before you were born?

Yeah, it's basically the same thing
>>
>>39549190
It probably has to do with how drastic the change is, However I do not believe the same consciousness can exist in two bodies at once. If a clone of me were to be made right now, It would not be me. It's experiences would immediately differ and separate from mine just by the virtue of it seeing through different eyes from a different location at the same time. By that logic my consciousness does not appear in multiple bodies. Why this is I do not know, but I hypothesize it to be from your brain's connections to your senses.
>>
I believe in the quantum immortality theory.
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (43KB, 511x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
43KB, 511x461px
Nothing. You rot in the ground, life goes on with out you and you shart yourself before you die. Your last thought is "oh fuck I just sharted" then ur dead. Trust me this is what science says. So let's go out and enjoy life and the great bounty science has beholden upon us
>>
File: IMG_6924.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6924.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>tfw all we have is this one tenuous and precious life but instead of being out enjoying even simple and small things we squander it on vidya, trolling virgins online, and being pissed about not making enough money
>tfw no one will remember anything we did in 100 years
>>
>>39549175
China literally teleported a single atom earlier this year but no one gave a fuck.
>>
>>39547874
I believe, or want to believe at least, it will be better.
My biggest wish is I could travel back in time with my current knowledge. Oh man the things I would do.
My life is pretty decent though but I have been cucked by mental illnesses, which turned me into a fuck up
>>
>>39549490

What's teleportation in this case? Did they turn the atom into energy and back again? Make an exact copy in a new location and then destroy the original somehow?

Just curious.

>no one gave a fuck

We all heard about the fucking Kardassians, though. Fucking hell. "Did Kylie kopy her lipstick ad? Did you see Kim's latest selfie? Can Khloe open stores in the Dominion?"
>>
>>39549490
>trusting literally anything the chinese say
>>
>>39547874
I feel kinda like an NPC in a video game when it comes to life. It's delusional I know but I've felt like I've been living the same life over and over again, slowly settling where I am in this current itteration of my 'life' Bouncing back and forth between being a douche a winner(but a burnout) thug, druggie and remorseful wannabe scholar(homeless). This continues until I meet an 'end' now I don't mean death but that would count I mean something I can't ignore or run away from without planning far in advance. So I kinda believe in that shitty simulation theory wondering who or what I pissed off to have these delusions/memories
>>
File: b35.jpg (18KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
b35.jpg
18KB, 353x334px
>>39548665
>>39549119
>it's science people
>>
File: 56464.png (712B, 482x415px) Image search: [Google]
56464.png
712B, 482x415px
My fear is that death will just be blackness for eternity. Not like sleep, but like conscious blackness. So you will just be starting at black forever. And you will get bored. And bored. But there's nothing you can do about it because you're dead. You just keep getting more and more bored seeing and feeling nothing but blackness. That's it: everlasting boredom for eternity, tedium beyond anything we can imagine.
>>
im afraid my last ever thought before death will be something like "ok this is the last thought you'll ever have, don't think of something stupid, like geese...ughhhhh"
>>
nobody knows. the only thing you can do about it is just be ready for it. be ready for nothing, be ready for the light, be ready for a infinite DMT trip for all I know. just be ready to accept anything and appreciate the fact you were lucky enough enough to even have a life.
>>
>>39550157
what actually happens is your last thought is "oh shit I just sharted myself" then you are transported to a world where you are drowning in your own shit and everyone you knew throughout your life is laughing at you as you drown in your own shit, then it all fades to black and you become worm food.

I mean it's simple science people come on.
>>
>>39550219
don't you watch anime jackass, you get transported into a waiting room like place and get to pick what type of world you'd like to be born into next, and if you're notable enough you'll get to go there, if your short up a bit you may get to go with a few disadvantages instead
>>
File: IMG_1536.jpg (145KB, 918x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
145KB, 918x1224px
Time passes.
The universe implodes and explodes again.
The Big Bang will send all matter in space to the same location due to the laws of physics.
You are eventually born again and will relive your life for the rest of eternity.
>>
>>39550301
That explains deja but. Could be some glitch where you remember living the same life for a brief second
>>
>>39550301
that's wrong though
the universe will simply continue expanding until heat exchange has become impossible, and nothing will ever happen again
>>
>>39550955
That makes no sense at tall
>>
>>39550988
bet th0t
>>
File: 1501803488589.png (153KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1501803488589.png
153KB, 500x279px
>>39550301
>>39550955
There are three theories on the death of the universe, the most accepted one is that matter will spread across the universe equally and no work or energy will ever be created again. The ideal theory is that the universe will expand too much, collapse, and ball up into a compact energy ball, then boom big bang v2 or v565432345 who knows.
>>
>>39551099
Bigger question who cares?! Slap yer meats now
>>
>>39549272
I wonder what would happen if this were to occur.

Would it be identical twins, or would it be a total break from reality due to the congruity between the two bodies?

If one body were to die, would the same consciousness stay alive?
>>
File: 1485473696249.jpg (164KB, 912x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485473696249.jpg
164KB, 912x768px
>>39551099
The universe feels too complicated to just suddenly die and stay dead.

There's something that everyone is missing if this is the most accepted model.
>>
>>39552463
prove us wrong, lad
>>
>>39552506
Anti-matter quantum physics or some shit like that will prove everyone wrong.

We'll probably be dead by then though.

We can't even remake reality in video-games yet.
>>
Hopefully you get to go to the worlds you visit in your interesting dreams. There are so many people I haven't been able to meet in a long time because they don't exist in this plane of existence. So many places, phenomenon, I'd hate it if the afterlife was somebodies very specific and boring religious concept. Probably it's nothing though, I don't have enough trust in the universe to expect anything better. At least don't make it any worse though.
>>
>>39550955
>>39551099
Actually, the universe will collapse and re-splode into continuously smaller and smaller versions of the universe through big bangs until it just stops being there. Every iteration of the universe being a tiny bit smaller than the last one.
>>
>>39550003
There was proof of them doing it and it was huge among the scientific community but it's not like normal people care about that kind of stuff
>>
>>39547874
Your theory of reincarnation/dual dimensional existence proves two things:

1: You probably like Star Wars, and you play a lot of video games, and you watch a lot of Science Fiction, and don't get laid

2: you've never actually died before

I have

On an operating table once

And a couple oerdoses where I was resuscitated....
There's nothing
It's NOTHING

When you die, you go right back to the same place you were before you were born

NOTHING
>>
when you die, your mind, which gives rise to who you actually are(i.e. your identity), as a function of your brains dies as the brain dies.
theres nothing mysterious about it, since theyre all science matters that have been proven hundreds of years ago.
I seriously don't get why ppl cant understand it.
>>
>>39552681
Lol @ your bullshit theory

WHICH universe are you talking about?
There are countless billions of universes

Lol

Idiot
>>
>>39552752
>implying the big bang isn't caused by a super massive 4D black hole
>>
>>39552752
>>39552681
>>39551099
>>39550336
>>39550301

Please go and stay went
>>
>>39552770
Implying that you know any more about the big bang that you know about satisfying a woman

BANG
>>
>>39552799
Sure I will

Of course I will

Because after all... You are a big bad scary intimidating Badass, right?

Hahahaha

EACH HIT END EYE

I think I'll stick around for a while
>>
>>39552738
>Right back same place
>Before you were born
What happened that time?
>>
>>39547874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La8vG4mA0is
this is interesting and comfy.
what he says at the end corresponds with that one lady who claims to have had some near death experience too; that we're all part of one consciousness.
i wish i could believe it ;_;
>>
>>39550301
I wanna nibble off that hoofs veins, starting from top to bottom. I wanna slowly peel the hoof off and eat a rare and delicious meal.
>>
you either spend forever burning in hell or in paradise with Jesus
>>
File: 53193340.png (353KB, 487x344px) Image search: [Google]
53193340.png
353KB, 487x344px
>>39550046
Science is nothing but lies n' shieeet.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.