[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just presented my first paper at a conference >no

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1503469609451.png (280KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1503469609451.png
280KB, 646x595px
>just presented my first paper at a conference
>no one asked any questions
>>
>>39537926
Wow anon are you like a professor or something
If so what the hell are you doing here you normie
>>
File: 0776999854465897548999.png (358KB, 418x444px) Image search: [Google]
0776999854465897548999.png
358KB, 418x444px
>>39537926
That means you presented the topic clearly and you answered all questions thought of during the presentation. Good job!
>>
>>39537926

It was probably really fucking shit.
>>
>>39537947
A new algorithm for a problem that is much better than everything that exists in the literature
>>
shout out to all you /academicbots/
Unless you're racist ofc
>>
>>39537949
No just a robot phd student trying to survive in this hell hole called academia
>>
>>39537926
im sure you did your best OP

hang in there
>>
I want to pursue grad studies in applied math but I don't know if I'm intelligent enough.
>>
>>39538121
How well have you done in math classes in general?
>>
>>39538188
I don't know yet I'm starting this fall.
I'm planning to give it my all but I've never been naturally gifted in math.
>>
>>39538218
Have you at least taken an AP math class in high-school?
>>
lol why do people do PhDs, they don't increase your earnings significantly whilst robbing you of your youth. They're pretty much only good for becoming an academic.
>>
>>39538245
I'm not American, there's no AP classes here.
I took the most math-heavy courses in high school but high school is supposed to be easy anyway.
>>
>>39538295
You can work in finance if you have a math/physics/CS PhD and make a lot of money.
Math/physics/CS PhDs in general can give you access to niche jobs that are more interesting and more well-paid than what you'd get with only a bachelor's or master's degree.
>>
>>39538297
I guess you'll be fine then as long as you actually enjoy math in general. Otherwise I imagine it would be awful.
So far the only math I haven't enjoyed are proofs, otherwise it's been pretty fun.
>>
>>39538319
This

If you want to work in some boring ass job be my guest

Most of the interesting positions are given to people who know how to solve tough problems and in a phd you do exactly that.
>>
>>39537978
Or that it was so shitty and unclear that a question would have to be so fundamental that it would totally embarrass OP.
>>
>>39539336
>>>39537978
>Or that it was so shitty and unclear that a question would have to be so fundamental that it would totally embarrass OP.
Bump
>>
>>39538071

What subject?

I know how you feel. future philosopher phd student reporting in.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.