[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>drink rum >no hangover >drink anything else >get

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1480782462998.jpg (58KB, 474x548px) Image search: [Google]
1480782462998.jpg
58KB, 474x548px
>drink rum
>no hangover
>drink anything else
>get a hangover
is this my imagination? why is this?
>>
>>39530121
No, it's definitely true. yes, all alcoholic drinks contain ethanol, but they also contain a litany of other chemicals which contribute to its flavor profile and can even have profoundly different effects on your mind and body. For example, IPAs will lower your testosterone and make you a faggot.
>>
>>39530686
>IPAs will lower your testosterone and make you a faggot.
wrong
>>
>>39530686
i was under the assumption that rum and similar drinks are very bad for hangovers because they have a lot of congeners.
>>
Dont worry as you get older and become an alcoholic, hangovers are a thing of the past regardless of what you drink
>>
>>39530711
Anything on this list will do that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens#Food_sources
>Oats
>Barley
>Wheat germ
>Beer (explicitly mentioned, although the grains above make this entry redundant)

The degree to which this occurs depends on how much you drink, and how well your body copes with the hormonal imbalance. A healthy person will simply produce more testosterone to compensate.
>>
>>39530711
t. hipster faggot

>>39530717
There are general trends to be sure, but everyone will be affected a little bit differently. Everyone has different genes, after all. I don't have much of a background in the chemistry of different alcoholic beverages, but one can logically deduce that the chemical content of the beverage will have different effects. Now I'm curious about the best drinks for mitigating hangovers.

There are other factors to consider as well. It's entirely possible that OP, generally speaking, drinks less when he happens to be drinking rum. There's a lot we don't know about OP's case.

It also might be a case of how his body has developed over time. I used to drink every night and rarely have hangovers just a few years ago, but now I can't drink at all without getting a terrible headache even while I'm drunk and the hangovers are much worse. So I just don't drink any more.
>>
>>39530777
OP here. I don't think I drink less when it's rum but perhaps I'm imagining my immunity to rum hangovers.
Now I'm curious about the best drinks for mitigating hangovers
I hear anything with low congeners like gin or vodka are good but for me it seems to be the opposite.
>>
Gin on its own gives me awful hangovers but as gin-tonic does nothing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.