[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you first realise you're not as young as you used

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1504007117141.jpg (27KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504007117141.jpg
27KB, 515x600px
When did you first realise you're not as young as you used to be?

>23
>decided to use my friends skateboard and go to the local park
>haven't skated in 5 years
>can still drop in, kickflip and basic shit
>tried to do a simple axel stall
>fuck up and land on shoulder

Usually this would be a regular fall and i could have shook it off in 5 mins but i can't fucking use my left arm at all, and this was two days ago.
>>
Go to the doctor bud.
>>
>>39526355
I exaggerate when i can't use it at all, but its pretty fucking painful.

Dead certain its not a fracture or broken, most likely fucked my rotator cuff which will eventually.
>>
>>39526433
Eventually heal anyway*

smoked a few joints to ease the pain and now i can't even write sentences.
>>
>>39526337
>used to be able to go as long as i want just make dick get hard again
>realize one day that whether i realized it or not i'd been taken large breaks inbetween
>try to make it do its thing like i used to
>takes actual focus and stimulation to achieve desired effect i can't jus think and it does anymore
This is how it fucking starts isn't it? Test on the downswing ED is inevitable now.
>>
>>39526337
> 33
> refraction period getting longer and longer every year

not that it matters, being an incel
>>
>>39526337
Oof. That sucks homie. Getting older while still trying to skate is fucking rough. I'll never stop though. Rolled my ankle trying to learn feeble grinds really bad over 6 months ago now. Went to the doctor to get it looked at and the fucker just told me I have arthritis. It still hurts me occasionally. I turn 25 in a week. Also, my sex drive ain't what it used to be, and slang and social media confuse me.
>>
>>39526337
I'm only 24 but a co-worker recently told me that they were in kindergarten (pre grade 1 for non-Amerifats) in 2004 and that really sent me for a ride.
>>
>>39527885
That'd make him 18-19 how is that surprising you're only 5 years ahead of that.
>>
>>39528013
Because I never really considered the years I grew up in until now. Like, soon I'll be working alongside people who were born in a different century than me (although barely). It was just surprising because that was the first person I've worked with that was younger than me by more than a few months.
>>
New age 42 yo hippie faggot here

Did travel through asia 15 years ago, discovered that the older guys there were more fit than me. Watched closely what they do on a daily routine and discovered they rarely eat, and when they do it always with family and friends. From day to day. This is how i discovered fasting and since that day i fasted at least 2-3 days a week. In russia they also had fasting clinics for centuries. It's unbelievable for people when they first meet me, they think i'm in my late 20's topkek. My wounds heal faster than normal, i didn't have a cold or any other virus infection since 2009, i shit only every 3 days and can drink more alcohol than everyone else. My memory is sharp, at least i think so. I never have depression or fear of anything. Now you might ask why i am even here, the answer will not surprise you, autism.

For any of the young folk that suffers early sicknesses and inflammatory related diseases, stop eating so much and only eat with other persons, never alone. Oh and ofc fast 3 days a week or 2.
>>
>>39528439
What the Heck. 42 year old on r9k.
>>
>>39526337
That's kind of irrelevant.
You're still a powerful machine until you hit 40
>>
>>39528617
That's pretty cool

I can't believe it
>>
>>39528439
I read that people who consume less calories live longer but I am also tired of being a skeletonfag. I typically eat two meals a day (breakfast, lunch) and for about a week every few months, I'll eat almost nothing, like maybe 400 calories every other day for that week.
>>
>>39527885
I was about about 24 when I had a similar realization. I was the youngest in my family and rarely interacted with anybody more than 2 years younger. Talking to older teenagers, not understanding what the fuck they were on about and realizing 25 was a delimiter for some people's definition of "young" kind of hit me like a brick. I know I'm not ancient yet but I was pretty used to be the youngest person around.
>>
every morning i wake up and have to crack my knees for like a minute before i feel confident enough to get up without being in too much pain. the last time i was at the doctor, he told me i have the knees of a 50 year old construction worker. i was like 18 then. i'm 22 now.

also, i don't wanna jinx it but i'm pretty sure this is the only good thread on r9k right now.
>>
>>39528916
It's a slowass thread, so you better stick around now.

How did your knees get that way? Were you a runner or did you sit for long periods of time?

>>39528898
I know what you're saying. I think it's the first "long gap" in age. Growing up, you have the obvious tiers of school, which even within the different levels, you still feel very alienated from those just two years above or below you. Once you graduate and hang out around peers your age, you have a good 5-6 years before too many people work their way into your circle. Kind of sneaks up on you and you're not used to the gap anymore because it's not constantly being displayed as a grade level.
>>
>>39529018
washed up soccer player and bmx rider. hard drops and and endless wind sprints fucked me up decent. i like what you're saying about giving thought to your age. i was always the youngest in my group of friends and now that they all have either fucked off to the suburbs or other cities and towns, getting used to different channels of discourse is necessary.
>>
File: 1504130235082.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1504130235082.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>39529018
I thought the "gap" had less to do with social development and more to do with mental development.

I recollect making 14 year old girls laugh relatively easily.
>>
>>39529167
I see, sorry to hear that man. I hope you enjoyed it to the best of your ability while you could. I asked what I did about sitting and running cause that's how mine got messed up. I work a desk job and used to run 3 miles on average every other day for a few years.

I think it's refreshing to stay in contact and make friends with younger folks, also keeping an openmind to what they have to say. Looking back on my interactions with much older people, I've always disliked how they think everything should stay the same way.
>>
File: 1474788695464.jpg (119KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
1474788695464.jpg
119KB, 736x588px
>>39529275
oh don't get it twisted, i still push myself like a dumbass by running like 3-5 times per week and playing basketball a couple times per week. i can't just do nothing even though i do nothing a lot.

adaptation is key to a happy life. i feel like virtually every robot would lead a better life if they accepted this.
>>
>>39529339
Ah, gotcha, sorry for assuming. Glad to hear that you're staying active. And I agree about being adaptable. Had a decent discussion in another thread about being able to understand another person's point of view and how that helps personality.

>>39529262
As a child (0-18) it certainly is more to do with mental growth, but socially there's some part to it as well. It's like training wheels for the real world when you have to start dealing with generational differences.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.