[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Got prescribed antidepressants today I've been a robot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (593KB, 2368x2368px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
593KB, 2368x2368px
>Got prescribed antidepressants today

I've been a robot quite some time. I'm in a foreign country with no friends, my hard efforts at uni only managed to get me an entry level job, I've lost control of my eating habits and I'm now obese, and have almost completely lost my libido.

I thought enough is enough and went to the GP today. I got offered talk therapy but was hesitant, so I was prescribed sertraline.

If I knew it was this easy I would have done it earlier.

So long /r9k. Time to be a normie. Bye bye now.
>>
>>39521908

> I'm in a foreign country with no friends,

What country?

> my hard efforts at uni only managed to get me an entry level job

Same here

Good luck anon. Sertaline did little for me but for some it really helped - SSRIs are basically a lucky dip but good they didnt fuck you about on Citalopram
>>
>>39521908
>I'm now obese

Antidepressants will make you gain a shit ton of weight.
>>
>>39521966
UK. I had my first pill today and got blurry vision and felt light-headed but hopefully these will go in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>39522030
I have gained weight because I was depressed and had no other joys but food. If antidepressants make this worse then I'm fucked
>>
>>39522059
That's placebo unless you're on something like 5-HTP, dont worry about it.

Prescribed the same ones except they were 50mg, as I say didnt do much for me but the problem with the NHS is they try and fob you off with Citalopram so good job

>>39522095
No, they can make you gain or lose weight but it's really a crapshoot. "Muh SSRIs make me gain weight" is what fat Stacies say.
>>
>>39522114
Whats with citalopram?
>>
Anyone here taken Risperdal before?
>>
On Lexapro and Buspirone now
>no anxiety
>no depression
>no weight gain
>actually feel like getting things done
Might find a better gf but for now I'm feeling 100x better, would recommend
>>
>sertraline

In my experience, you'll be back here soon
>>
Hard luck mate, I got prescribed Sertraline a year ago. Made me beyond agitated and anxious. I really wouldn't recommend it lad.
>>
>>39521908
>sertraline
Dear god anon, no
>>
>>39521908
Enjoy your crippling headaches, constant tiredness, morning nausea and inability to masturbate.

>I got offered talk therapy but was hesitant, so I was prescribed sertraline.
Talk therapy is the only thing that actually works. The pills just dull your brain so you're not at risk of killing yourself.
>>
>>39521908
Anyone got any experience with efexor?

Got it subscribed today for another depressive episode for my bipolar disorder. Keeping a daily routine, eating healthy, excercising, going out and therapy isn't doing much this time.
>>
Thought I'd post some useful advice since I've had experience.

If you're truly suffering from depression and /or anxiety, you'll notice that you will start feeling better when your dosage is about 150mg.
Your GP will prescribe you 50mg at first to see if you will have any nasty side affects (pretty much >39522867)
The pills won't make you better, but will sort of take the "edge" off day to day life and will hopefully give you a boost so you can be doing practical things to start improving your life, then you will get better.
>>
>>39522169
Its another antidepressant, for me it never did shit but they kept fucking with the dose instead of changing the actual medication.
>>
I took Sertraline a while ago and it really did wonders to me. Side effects are managable.
>>
>was on Lexapro for a few years
>get dropped by loony Slav psychiatrist woman who kept trying to diagnose me with autism and spent half sessions trying to talk about young people things like video games
>visit new psych, no-nonsense male guy
>got switched to Pristiq immediately
>"you don't need to transition since it's a similar drug, just with another thing", SNRI instead of SSRI
>no side effects cool
>do blood tests to see how much I should be doing or something
>ends up putting me on 300mg
>still depressed and low energy after minor improvement and reduction in OCD symptoms
>miss a dose by accident while at friends place once
>next morning worst fucking withdrawal of my life, severe nausea for a few hours even after taking meds
>turns out withdrawal from Pristiq is fucking heroin tier
JUST
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.