[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think being angry at the way your family lives and expecting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1303.jpg (724KB, 2000x1189px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1303.jpg
724KB, 2000x1189px
Do you think being angry at the way your family lives and expecting them to change is a waste of time?
>>
Depends how close you are to them. If you don't love them then yeah, it's pointless. If you love them very much there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>39515822
I really, really like this painting.
>>
>>39515916
You can save it if you want to.
>>
>>39515822
Being angry does nothing but affect you. Unless you use that anger as a form of motivation to help them change is it of any use to you. Being angry and using that for nothing is just as good as shooting yourself in the the foot.
>>
>>39515822
It is, since they will never understand and will always be disapointed with you. Best thing i ever did was move away from them, they stoped caring about me 3 weeks after and pretend like i dont exist anymore. After you fisnish uni your parents will stop care about you since they already did everything they could.
>>
>>39515950
I did, thanks Lori.
>>
>>39515981
Is there any advice you've gottem from your experience you think would help?
>>
>>39515976
What's the best way to not let the pain get you from advancing in life?
>>
You shouldn't really be angry at anyone for not living up to your expectations. They never will. The most important thing is for you to do what you need to do in your life and let the other shit go.
>>
>>39516035
I dont know anything about your family. But depending on your relationship with them and your situation there are a lot of ways to deal with.
I lost most of my friends when i went to uni, and got used to being alone. ofc your family expects you to get a SO at some point, but if you are at good terms with them and they dont mock you much i would keep contact with them.
On the other hand if they are mocking you every time you visit them and make you feel like shit, them i would try to stay away from them and live as independent as possible.

The best i can say to you is to see it for yourself, you dont want to always feel like shit when you talk to them, but if you dont, having a family around is always nice, eventhough they will see with as a failure. its just their mentality.
>>
No but I think that realizing that you are nothing like your family and feeling animosity towards them for trying to impose their ways of life on you is a first step to something
>>
>>39515916

John Atkinson Grimshaw. The painting depicts the Clyde shipyards in Victorian times.

Youre welcome.
>>
>>39515822
A complete waste of time desu. You really think expecting them to change will do anything? It won't, and anger for the most part only affects you. They're busy living their life they way they want and your busy being triggered over it. It's a win lose situation, the latter being you. Move on with your life and stop thinking about them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.