[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>baby boomer dad tries giving advice >"No Dad that's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_3129.png (233KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3129.png
233KB, 400x513px
>baby boomer dad tries giving advice
>"No Dad that's not how things work."
>gets mad at me and calls me lazy
Whether it's him asking me to talk up to a girl for her number, shaking hands with an employer, or giving advice on how to fix a computer he has no experience with, he calls me lazy for ignoring his out of date advice.

What's something your out of date parents say?
>>
>>39513697
> You should talk to a bank to buy this house
> Its pointless dad i dont make enough money.
> Just go and talk with the bank you make enough money to buy it.
> Okey whatever
> Bank said i could borrow 60 grand, house costs 300 grand
>>
>>39513697
the disconnect from their personal experience with present day, easily observable phenomena never ceases to make me laugh. even confronted with the evidence they'll scoff and claim 'it couldn't possibly be so'.
>>
>>39513697
You are a lazy fuck, even though his advice May be outdated there is still truth to it. If it Werent, and you knew it, you would know what to do instead. So lazy or stupid.
>>
>>39513697
Referring to racemixing as "interbreeding."
>>
parents are out of touch

teenagers are right to rebel and find out who they are themselves

too bad I realized this too late
>>
>>39513764

>house costs 300 grand

Why do you, as a presumably single person, need a $300k house?
>>
"write a letter to your congressman"
>>
>>39513811
Okay, go up to your employer right now and shake his hand for that job.
>>
>>39513697
My Grandma once gave me a book on gradeschool math when i told her i was struggling with calculus.
>>
>Just go in there, look him dead in the eye, give him a firm handshake and tell him you're ready to work, son.

Fuck sake, Dad.
>>
>Talked to my auntie about advice finding work
>She just told me to start at the bottom of a firm, making tea and coffee and handling basic paperwork.

I'm sorry but all the companies I've spoken to has responded with utter bewilderment. Why the fuck would they need someone to make their tea and coffee and do basic shit?
>>
>>39513948
Prices are high in this area cant buy anything below 100 grand. But they house had sentimental value.
>>
File: IMG_1756.jpg (88KB, 653x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1756.jpg
88KB, 653x590px
>>39513697
>stay up late on Saturday and watch the mayweather/mcgregor fight
>tell my dad about it, expecting to talk about boxing
>"you should've just went to bed and gone to church"
>one week later
>dad is enthusiastically talking to my brother about niggerball
>>
"are you talking to internet friends or REAL friends?"
>>
>>39513697
>be single
>"hey son you should get a girlfriend when I was your age I had 5 girlfriends at once"
>get gf
>"your grades are failing because all you do is spend time with that woman"
>>
>>39513697
I'm sure the hand shaking advice is worth something.
>>
>Faggot that grew up in the 70s trying to comprehend how things work now.
I feel kind of bad for them but on the other hand, fuck them.
>>
>>39514962
E V E R Y T H I N G is online now. They don't like you fucking calling and pestering them every day either. Every piece of boomer advice is worthless. I got my security job by putting in an online application and not fucking bothering them. Got a call back a few days later with zero prior experience.
>>
>>39515006
I got my job like this too.
>>
in all honesty though, at least in the case of my parents, theyre amazing people. I still live with them and love them to death even though im 19, and theyre nice enough to give me free room and board while I go to college.

They might be a little outdated on some things, like not understanding that our 500kbps internet speed is bad, but in 50 years, I probably wont understand half the shit going on either
>>
>>39515006
>They don't like you fucking calling and pestering them every day either
This. The single worst piece of advice they give is to call and harass your future employer. Jesus christ. No one has time for your dumb ass calling about an application.
>>
File: 1504535710378.png (1MB, 768x549px) Image search: [Google]
1504535710378.png
1MB, 768x549px
JUST DOIT CHAMP!
>>
single mothers don't have the confidence to give their sons advice.

they just say random platitudes.
>>
>>39513697
When I was between jobs my uncle told me to go door to door with my resume.

I laughed in his face.
>>
>>39515090
The technology surge really left these fuckers in the dust, huh? Wish they'd die out sooner.
>>
>>39515036
>19
Stay with them in your 20s and see how you guys get along then. I moved far away as soon as I graduated and while it was certainly risky, I have a way better relationship with my parents than I did before, unlike my friends who've still been living at home after college that complain about petty daily fights. They're not even saving money because some of them are being charged rent by their parents.
>>
I am not a boomer but i am 39 years old. The internet has REALLY changed since i was a kid. I mean it existed at the time but nobody used it to the extent they do now

Also having slight ED maybe its my drinking
>>
>>39515142
Considering most of them now have either been working at their job for four or five decades when that advice was valid or they've started retiring, that's all they know. On the flip side, talking to a laid off boomer is one of the saddest and oddly rewarding conversations you can have.
>>
>>39513697
>dad supports me in my decisions
>puts me in touch with his friends to help me make connections
>helps out with a deposit for a house
>bought me a cheap but nice reliable used car when mine broke terminally
>values what I have to say and accepts the world is different now
>says he wants me to do my own thing but I can always go for him for help
I really take him for granted sometimes. I'm doing ok work wise, just wish I wasn't such a social fuck up. I hope he is at least a little proud of me.
>>
>>39515156
We have a deal that if im not in school I pay rent, so as soon as I graduate im moving the fuck outta here. But that wont be until im almost 21, as I just start my second year at college in 2 days
>>
>My job is piss easy and requires basic knowledge of a smart phone and how to scan shit with it and manage your clock in stuff
>Constant revolving door of these stupid fucking boomers that can't handle a fucking phone
Feels good, to be honest. Sorry you don't have basic functional skills for the 21st century, grandpa.
>>
>>39515190
>gen x
No offense to you because you're only a few years by the cut off line, but why does your generation suck at raising kids too? Boomers may be incompetent, but they can at least be loving, while most gen X parents I've met act like sheltered shills and talk shit about their kids and others openly.
>>
These horror stories of vampire parents wanting their kids to pay rent is depressing. Yeah, cutting into their income is DEFINITELY the best way to get them out of the house.
>>
>>39515214
He certainly sounds more caring than mine. Only thing he ever helped out with was one semester of college and splitting a shitty car with me after someone totaled mine. He also tried suing my mom about paying child support to me (like 99 bucks a month) while I was in college because one of his friends was calling it bullshit (it isn't).
>>
>>39515214
Sounds great. The best way to get a job has and always will be nepotism, might as well take advantage of it if your parents know someone.
>>
>>39515223
I hope things work out for you then. I still help my mom occasionally, but she understands that I have my own life and career up here.
>>39515257
Those people are just greedy and typically don't really care about their kids beyond a "parental bond", which usually means having your kids take care of you when you're old.
>>
>>39515257
I think it's only slightly acceptable if it's a rent that is far below what you would actually pay for an apartment + facilities in your area. Pretty fucked up otherwise.
>>
>>39515257
I heard a good piece of advice before which was to charge your kids rent (assuming they have an income) then when they want to move out, give them the rent money for the deposit and a few month's rent
>>
File: 1504390908869.jpg (6KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
1504390908869.jpg
6KB, 250x232px
>>39513697
>baby boomer's day
>you can live off minimum wage job comfortably
>present day
>you will struggle even with a roommate

Dad: You should be paying me rent son, at least $500, I want to keep you here forever so you'll never move out or get a gf. Lol I asked my peers what they think about it and they said I'm too soft on you bucko. Why don't you join the military or something eh?
fuck baby boomers
>>
>>39515412
I feel like the parents that are well off enough to do that wouldn't be charging their kids rent in the first place.
>>
>Live with my parents and pay rent
>Can't afford to move out without a roommate which is horrifying because I don't have any friends I could live with.
This sucks.
>>
>>39514791
Let me guess she saw one too many soap operas from the 60s or 70s where people actually did that kind of stuff. Chances are she never worked in such an office thinking there were niggers being employed as butlers or something.
>>
>>39515412
Nah, charging your kids rent is scummy. With the kinds of jobs a robot gets there's no way you can move out and live comfortably.
>>
>>39515257
>parents who charge rent to their own children
What the fuck is next? Making your family pay interest whenever they borrow money?
Boomers and jews have done a terrible number on this country.
>>
>>39515464
Boomers, Gen X AND Millennials all don't see what a blight Jews are. Read a fucking book. Gee I wonder why every damn society ever has blacklisted these fucks? Generation Zyklon is our only hope.
>>
>My boomer parents just told me to go on welfare and passively look for work.

They seem to know how fucked things are for my generation.
>>
>hi I'm calling to check on my application
Great, you just interrupted my work for no reason. If I wanted to hire you, I would have called you. Dumbass. "Check on my application". What, do you think we put it in a flower pot and wait for it to grow into your pay check? What's there to check on?
>>
>>39515549
why don't you tell them that
>>
File: 1490028757318.png (113KB, 234x229px) Image search: [Google]
1490028757318.png
113KB, 234x229px
>have no income anymore
>mom still demands 150 bucks a month
>says she really needs the money
>still has enough money for cigarettes and booze to drink with her bf
>>
>>39515653
Time for blood.
>>
>this thread
I've never been more disinterested in joining the American rat race.
>>
F I R M
H A N D S H A K E
S O N,
A L W A Y S
W O R K S
>>
>>39515653
>>39515693
If dubs, you kill your mom and her bf and start a new life on your own on the lamb.
>>
>>39513697
Not related but I get triggered when my parents compare with someone they knows Chad child.
>>
>>39515006
What kind of security job anon? What do you do? Do I need to be /fit/? Please elaborate.
>>
>>39515880
Depends on the area and the company. My job is total bullshit, just sit at a gate of a retirement home all night, haven't done anything in the year I've been here. G4S are usually the more serious niggers, avoid them. If you're in a city you're probably out of luck, all those are going to suck, you need a rural, primarily white location for comfy security.
>>
>>39513697

>try to explain a concept to father
>"no anon u FUCKIN IDIONT UR WRONG IM OLDER THAN U LISTEN TO ME I HAVE MORE LIFE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE"

worst one was

>talking about swords
>mention Katanas are shit and gay
>REEE ANON IM AN ACTUAL BLACKSMITH YOU JUST LOOK UP SHIT ONLINE AND LISTEN TO YOUR FUCKIN RETARD FRIENDS KATANAS R THE BEST SWORD EVER
>>
>>39514936

>Go visit my friends in Scotland
>"have you ever even met these people in real life?!

Joke's on you dad we took a potion and I went to the gym and had the best workout of my life
>>
>have really bad adult acne
>tell my dad I'm going on accutane so I try to explain to him side effects and to help me through it
>"WELL SON WHEN I WAS I PIMPLES MY DAD WOULD GRAB SOME RUBBING ALCHOHOL AND DOUSE MY FACE IS IN IT AND NOW MY SKIN IS CRYSTAL CLEAR"
>>
>>39515305

>Son quit college and come work for me making 2k a month
>dad I don't know anything about excel or managing a company or doing calculations or business
>haha its ok I'll teach u

fucking autism, I don't wanna ruin my dad's company over nepotism.
>>
>>39516099

>anon don b a pussi just shave with soap lol who needs shaving cream xdd

worst one is

>WHEN ARE YOU GONNA GROW UP? FUCKING BE A MAN
>>
>>39516110
The secret is that basically every job is bullshit. Just do it.
>>
>>39516162
>anon don b a pussi just shave with soap lol who needs shaving cream xdd
fucking hell i hate the shit out of this one, my dad convinced me to shave with water.
>>
>>39516110

Dude. Take it!

You'll make it work out.

Nepotism is the only fucking way to survive. Do it or you'll get be in school debt with no job prospects.

TAKE THE FUCKING JOB
>>
>ur not sick lol sickness doesnt exist I never get sick lol. go 2 school :^)
shut the fuck up dad you were whining like a baby and stayed in bed for 3 fucking days in a row just a few weeks ago.
>>
>>39516194
>>39516162
>not using shaving cream

why though? it costs basically nothing for how long it lasts
>>
>whenever I voice a serious opinion or get angry my dad would just laugh at me
>conditioned not to express my emotions because I'll just think they make me look like an idiot
>hate dealing with him in any capacity because for some reason everything he does annoys me

i don't have a lot of empathy for my dad for some reason.
>>
>>39516194

Me too, he doesn't even shave he trims his beard so he doesn't know the horrible feel

>>39516163
>>39516210

I'm almost done with school now but desu I might go work for him as soon as I finish my degree. I remember him trying to teach my aunt about systems he made for his company because she needed to emulate one of them for her own company and he was getting frustrated over the phone and I remember him shouting "for fuck's sake, how do you not get this? I designed this system for NIGGERS" so if he wants me to work with that system, it can't be all that complicated
>>
>>39515919
Fuck, there goes my dreams of a NEET job. What's the pay?
>>
I'm Millennial but there's no excuse to be poor unless you are disabled, have severe mental illness, or health problems. Most poor NTs got that way because they had too much meth or crack or did stupid shit like join gangs.
>>
>>39516032
what's wrong with katanas besides them being short
>>
>>39516110
just fucking take it, and do so as early as you can so he can retire peacefully. he will actually teach you and its a lot less hard than it seems.

t. nepotism fag
>>
>>39516251
Also depends. I live in in an area with a fairly low cost of living and make $11. I'm happy, don't do shit, make enough to live in a crappy apartment. About as good as a robot can hope for.
>>
>>39516220
boomers thats why
i did eventually buy my own shaving cream and took great pleasure in my face not burning everytime I shaved
>>
>>39513811
>see someone that has mega-cancer
>some retard boomer says we can fix it by shooting him
>tell him that's retarded
>"oh, but you don't know what to do so that means there's truth to what I'm saying"
>>
File: 1501506953110.jpg (216KB, 584x530px) Image search: [Google]
1501506953110.jpg
216KB, 584x530px
>>39514938
>tfw was already born when my dad was my age and am still a KHV
I-I'm sorry
>>
>>39515490
/readafuckingbook/ here

It's a bit more complex than "eibl kikes", their entire history is alien to the dominant cultures that always surrounded them, but they never had any special hatred for them until the 11th century, when Christians start LARPing as the Ruinous Powers. That was about when everyone in the West started to have super hatred boners for Jews. The Muslims followed after the West created Israel and the Russian-Afghan war.
>>
>>39516265

Made of shit iron, not very good at anything but slashing, pretty fragile, the actual process is gaye and outdated

if you made a sword that was identical in design but made of superior materials and in a superior way then it'd be pretty decent but traditional Katanas are poo poo caca

>>39516291

I don't know anything about maths or business though. My dad's been a businessman for almost his entire life and grew up in a rough as fuck neighbourhood, so he has great people skills. I wanna try, but I just don't want to ruin is company that he worked so hard for to create.
>>
>>39516237
>hate dealing with him in any capacity because for some reason everything he does annoys me
Not sure if its the same situation as you but I feel the same way. he constantly tries to be funny and it's just the most childish, terrible attempts at humor. more often than not he just parrots catch-phrases that he picks up from my dumb meme-spouting little brothers.
unrelated question, is autism hereditary?
>>
>>39516162
>>39516194
>>39516220
I have not once shaved with anything except water simply out of convenience so I can just get it done in the shower. I can't imagine using shaving cream to have a significant impact.
>>
>>39516438
how do you do this? you can't tell if you've missed a spot
>>
>>39516438

holy shit it's a fucking titanic difference, just try it once
>>
>>39516397
if you're an only child then who else does he have to carry on the company?
>>
The world wasn't so rapacious to young people until the boomers got in power. They pulled up the ladder, watched the young burn and sold the smoke
>>
>>39516469

my sister who's actually gonna study business related shit (idk what her degree is, something to do with business). I think he feels sorry for me and wants me to survive or something, since he knows my sister'll be Gucci.
>>
>>39516557
Or maybe he sees something in you that he doesn't in your sister.
>>
>>39515047
Nah bullshit if you're not gonna get a job you may as well harass the bastards a bit
>>
File: IMG_0739.png (307KB, 968x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0739.png
307KB, 968x634px
>>39513697
Boomers are stuck in their own time. They're blind to the world as it is now and the people of it.
>>
>>39516265
Katanas are very fragile compared to many other weapons and were either used in duels that lasted a few seconds at most, as a sign of rank/decoration, or as a last resort weapon. Japan's lack of natural resources made that even worse.
>>39516438
My face doesn't really get disturbed that much but it does make the process better overall. Cans are something like a dollar so it's not like you'll be losing something big if you ever try it. High quality razors/blades are more important to me though.
>>
>>39515257
I lived at home and I wanted to contribute, my parents refused money off of me so I worked at my dads business over summer for no pay for 3 months, I did that because I owed it to my family to contribute now that I am an adult, you guys are still fucking retarded children, demanding your parents give you a life. No wonder you're getting nowhere in life you fucking loser
>>
>>39516702

Maybe. I think he just loves me and wants the best for me. I'm stupid desu, my sister is hard working and clever. Thank you for the kind comment though.
>>
>>39515539
How fucked things are for YOU, I am your age and I'm doing fine
>>
>>39513697

When I was in college as a CS major my parents who both did lib arts told me to take any internship I could get even if it was unpaid, when in reality even the absolute bottom of the barrel internships in my area do like 10-15 an hour.
>>
>work at a convenience store
>constantly have to deal with baby boomers justifying their actions by treating me like shit
>"This generation has it easy. Back in my day we had to do everything you did by hand and y'all have smartphones and computers" etc.
>They could pay for college tuition with a part time minimum wage job
>They had the easier lives
>They're spoiled brats
>>
>>39516110

Dude I fucking promise you that it'll be easier than you think. I guarantee your dad knows full well that you're autistic and wouldn't offer it if he was giving you responsibility that could fuck shit up.
>>
>>39516859

i did an unpaid internship for a year where i got treated like a dick the whole time. But my Boomer parents were like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh It's good experience Anon!! you will definitely get jobs from it!!

after college couldnt even find a job in my field.

the unpaid internship thing sounded like a good idea to boomers cause they are fucking idiots.

so people like me got stuck doing free labor til people finally said unpaid internships should be illegal, if you want labor pay money. no more with the IT's EXPERIENCE meme
>>
File: IMG_4598.jpg (15KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4598.jpg
15KB, 250x240px
>trying to explain to my dad why I've never dated
>attempted to explain the online dating/Tinder phenomena and how they have dramatically shifted the rules of courtship and changed the expectations of women, who now all expect top of the foodchain males
>"I don't believe it, I never had any trouble getting women when I was your age."
>try to tell him about the negative effects of infant circumcision and hoe it impacts the babies brains
>"everyone I know was circumcised, we all turned out fine"
>>
>>39517042

I didn't have an internship one summer so I did personal projects instead. I'd feel like a complete dumbass writing shitty CRUD apps for free while other people my age get paid $50+ an hour to do the same thing at Big 4 companies.

NEVER do unpaid work if you are in tech, if you do you are a complete schmuck. Unpaid internships are for lib arts poorfags.
>>
>>39517193

I tried explaining to my cousin why circumcision was bad and I got "omg like anooon guys even get it done on purpose! Women getting circumcised is the REAL issue!"

>>39517042

>How much are you paying me to play at your place?
>haha well nothing but it's really good experience pls cum play at my pub/wedding/strawberry festival :^)
>>
>>39517193

The worst thing is that they just fucking refuse to listen because they have learned this information and it's so ingrained in their brains that if their kids try to educate them, they take it as a personal offense like "I'm so much older than you, I've lived for way longer, how can you question my sagely wisdom, you fucking neonate?"

My father insisted building a PC wasn't worth it because it was stationary/expensive/i'd fuck up when building it and have compatibility issues and kept insisting on buying a comparatively more expensive gaming laptop. I kept trying to explain why that's a bad idea and why building a PC is both more rewarding and not that hard and he took a detour mid-drive to go to the mall to talk to some IT guys with a smug look about it, then they told him they agreed with me. His face was one of shame mixed with a humble apologetic disbelief and sadness
>>
>>39517301

i guess Boomers back in the 1970s really would work for free for like a couple weeks to show they were good hard workers.

And somehow someone came up with the internship idea. Do free labor in exchange get experience and maybe foot in the door to jobs.

It was so fucking stupid. if i could go back i would of spit in all their food while they were sending me to get it , cunts
>>
>>39517394
Internships are only worth a damn if you're actively getting your face out there at the same time. Otherwise you're just the guy to bring everyone coffee or do the stuff no one else wants to do for free. If you want actual experience alongside getting paid as well as a chance to get into whatever it is you're getting one with go with apprenticeships, but even those can fluctuate in quality.
>>
>>39516032
I'm sorry anon, your father is a weeb.
>>
>>39517394
do you even recieve anything for it? I remember college humor doing a video on how most internships are technically illegal?
>>
File: IMG_20170826_141320.png (486KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170826_141320.png
486KB, 600x565px
My dad wanted me to be an engineer like him, he was abusive and didn't approve any of my hobbies, when i told him i was going to lawschool he got so mad we didn't talk for about 8 months.

The only time he said he was proud of me was when i played football in highschool.

He knows of his mistakes and tries to make up for them but still, our relationship is pretty distant but i can manage, he still supports me and my brother financially tho.
>>
>>39517487

He's not even a weeb he's just an autistic blacksmith (or was, he's a businessman now)

He made fun of Little witch academia and said it's a rip off of Harry Potter and that he doesn't wanna watch the sequel...

>"Lmao you cried because of this? LOL"
>>
>>39517553
Your father is a shitty blacksmith if he actually thinks katanas are the best swords ever.
>>
>>39517488
>>39517483

absolutely nothing. and they literally had my down in a basement like the stapler dude in Office Space filling out weird forms and shit, and only calling me up to go out to get their lunches and stuff. And, the whole time i was sitting there thinking why am i doing this? this has nothing to do with anything? And, my Boomer parents were like, No Buster that's experience! it will show you have worked in the industry already! and i was just like uhhh ok, but it seems like i am an unpaid secretary that they are getting off on abusing.

1 year of that shit til i was like fuck it, this is enough. And, after i finished school i couldnt get any jobs. LOL

if someone ever tries to get you to do an unpaid internship tell them to go fuck themselves. HARD
>>
>>39517483
Internships are worth it. Get experience, parents can claim you on the taxes as a dependent and use it towards college while gaining experience and claim all college expenses on the taxes they can possibly find including expenses that can't be proven. That makes it cheaper in the end. Especially if you have a higher household income where there are far more tax breaks available.
>>
I just found out my dad is literally autistic
that explain a lot
>>
File: 1485184872643.jpg (150KB, 852x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1485184872643.jpg
150KB, 852x1041px
>>39513821
>interbreeding

Gave me big laffs.
>>
>>39517643

He only made swords for fun, he was mostly a mechanical blacksmith that made pieces that replaced broken machinery/small mechanical bits and whatnot. I think he's just being a contrarian

>>39517663

Isn't the experience itself worth anything, resume wise? You know, the whole "willing and able to work someone for extended periods of time and actually be competent and responsible"?
>>
>>39513697
you're lazy for not doing anything to get a job/girlfriend/better computer. nobody cares what advice you actually take seriously. finding relationships and gaining experience has been the same for 10,000 years, you go out and do it.
>>
>>39517740

no one cared, i would of been better off doing a part time job
>>
>>39516811
We're all on /r9k/, do you really think you're better than anyone here? You owe your parents nothing, you never asked or agreed to be born, they do what they do because they want to and because they love you. Its their own personal choice and you have no obligation to reciprocate anything. Pussy.
>>
>>39513697
>mom basically handed internship at investment firm
>"we had no opportunities when we grew up"
>>
>>39513764
>"Just go talk to the bank, give it a firm handshake"
>>
File: IMG_1512.png (116KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1512.png
116KB, 640x1136px
Th-thanks dad, I'll definitely look into that and whip up a video game in no time. It's just that easy, all I need to do is get started.
>>
>>39517868
"Boo hoo I never asked to be born, woe is me, how evil of them to put me on this cruel earth". My life is fucking great, I choose to make it that way. And yes, I am better than pretty much everyone here
>>
File: 1481073210896.jpg (49KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1481073210896.jpg
49KB, 785x757px
>>39513697
>mom literally said "Apply for a job you're not qualified for."
>>
>>39518777
>I'm a better person than you.
>Let me prove it by acting like a total cunt.
>>
>>39517553
I mean I got some HP vibes too, bit I still really enjoyed it and would never get upset with someone else for enjoying something.
>>
>>39519267

yeah it's definitely heavily inspired by it but it's still cool
>>
>>39518418
>"you spend your whole free time in front of that computer, how come you dont know these things?!"
>>
>>39515653
>not just becoming your mom's new bf

PROBLEM SOLVED, MATE.
>>
>"why can't people your age just enjoy the moment?"
FUCK OFF
>>
>It doesn't matter if we have over $2.5m in the bank son, if we loan you $1500 to buy a car you'll never learn anything! When I was your age I rode my bike to work while still in school mind you and saved up for my first car in no time!
Yeah because that really applies in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with the nearest opportunity being 40 miles away round trip.
>>
"I don't wanna rush you or anything son but when I was 23 I was married and bought a house"
>>
>You should be fully financially independent with your shitty degree why dont you own a house yet? You must be lazy and stupid.

I am glad not all boomers heard about tough love or as I call it instant homelessness forever.
>>
>>39514851
Hi Canada, and I feel bad for you.
>>
>You can't get jobs by just applying online, you need to see them in person.
>>
>>39515539
Stop being a self-pitying bitch
>>
>>39515006
Can confirm. My manager would toss applicants who kept calling and bugging him while he was trying to work.
>>
My parents are generation X. Sucks for you to have Boomer parents.
>>
File: 1471168770998.jpg (54KB, 546x896px) Image search: [Google]
1471168770998.jpg
54KB, 546x896px
>hey dad I've been severely depressed since I was a kid and have schizophrenia
>just get over it
>>
>>39522591
My Gen X parents crusaded for me. They were autism parents and wouldn't let the school get away with anything against me.
>>
>>39513697
Story of my life famarino
>>
>>39522609
hey i have it too but my parents ignored me my entire childhood so it developed severely now i can't function in society and feel like ive gone insane
>>
>>39514709
Handshaking works. I've gotten deals, discounts, and opportunities I never would have. Probably because the rest of my generation doesn't do it. I shake their hand, smile and act like I've known them for all their life asking about their family.
>>
>>39522635
Are you poor? You should get on SSI to use it to treat your autism. I had attachment parenting.
>>
>>39516759
It pisses me off every time i see these fat saggy assholes smugly calling every young person dumb and lazy
>>
>>39522719
i copy people's mannerisms and cant process my own emotion, so its lead to depersonalization. also end up feeling everyone's emotions and shut down. pills wont work
>>
>>39522848
I have the opposite problem. I don't feel other people's emotions. It's a blind spot to me.
>>
>>39514732
Either she's completely out of it, or has a wonderful sense of humor.
>>
>>39522912
that happens to me if im talking to someone and i don't share their experience, all that happens is i draw blanks and end up zoning out and cant concentrate on what they're saying. from there its trying to formulate a logical answer
>>
File: 1497300938093[1].jpg (412KB, 1231x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497300938093[1].jpg
412KB, 1231x800px
>90% of you are a complete disappointment to your parents and they probably regret having you
>You claim they dont understand and compare things to when they were younger, but in reality they are comparing you to the children of their friends and it kills them inside
>Arguing with your parents is pointless cuz even if youre right about that topic all they see is a failure making yet another excuse.

Some of your parents do sound out of touch but that'll happen to everyone. I doubt any of us here understand the current 'tween' world and well probably be out of touch with the next generation when we're our parents age.
>>
>>39523045
>it's another "normie thinks parents can't be responsible for their fuckup child" episode
>>
>>39523045
I won't. I can't relate to Boomers or Millennials so I must be ahead of my time.
>>
>>39523128
They certainly can, but theyre not 100% responsible, and you have your own independent brain from them which you can use to make life choices.

Otherwise by that logic your parents are they way they are because of their parents who are like that because of theirs, etc
>>
>>39523184
>Otherwise by that logic your parents are they way they are because of their parents who are like that because of theirs, etc

That's exactly what I'm saying.
>>
>>39523208
Autism made me the way I was. Not parenting.
>>
>>39523258

Did your mom have you when she was over 30?
>>
>>39513864
This guy gets it. He's from my generation.

Nobody knows anything, nobody is smarter than anyone else because of their age, run for your fucking lives. Your parents are God damn morons. Look at the fucking cars on the road and then look at a group of cars from a generation of parents that grew up successful, you guys are all FUCKED.
>>
>>39523281
She was in her 20s. She wasn't an over 30 mother.
>>
>>39513811
you type like a fucking drooling mong
>>
>>39523315
I think Millennials and Boomers are both wrong. Boomers think disabled people can bootstrap and that jobs don't fire you for not being social. They think people tolerate autistic traits and that employers are actually loyal to the employees.

Millennials think everything has to do with class and don't understand most people who were poor for over 10 years and not disabled people did it to themselves. They don't understand neurotypical privilege is bigger than class privilege. They say I should check my class privilege but they should check their NT privilege.
>>
>>39513697
>you can do anything you want, you just have to work hard :^)

>>39513948
Not him but a basic bitch condo here is north of 200k.
>>
File: autism in a nutshell.jpg (48KB, 1846x121px) Image search: [Google]
autism in a nutshell.jpg
48KB, 1846x121px
Being autistic makes things super hard, it's a very strong disability
>>
>>39523372
At the same time they're being fed such a ridiculous line of horse shit that thankfully some are suss in out for the nonsense it is, like a bachelor's degree in STEM or its a waste of time, when the strength of your commitment predicts your success, not what you did your undergrad in. Welfare bums aren't failed writers, they're people without the commitment necessary to live a successful life. I know tons of English majors and BFAs that are doing just fine working outside their degree at a menial enough job to pay the rent while they follow their dreams. Meanwhile I've never personally met someone on assistance who spent any time at all in college.
>>
>>39513697
>be me
>in high school
>first couple of weeks of class
>dad talks to me one day
>"So anon, any girls you like at school?"
>I've always kept my social life in school and out with friends separate from my family so talking about stuff like this with my parents was always awkward
>eventually crack and tell him yes
>he asks if I've talked to her at all
>tell him I haven't
>tells me to just walk up to her, say hello, and go in for a firm handshake
>tell him ok
>after he leaves, I feel like a failure because of how my dad views me as confident like that
>he doesn't know that I'm an outcast with a couple outcast friends that no one likes

If only it were as simple as a handshake and a hello.
>>
>>39523466
They think college is worthless just because they don't know how to utilize it.
>>
>>39523128
>It's another "fuck up scrambles for anything but himself to blame for his failures" episode
>>
>>39523600

>it's just a coincidence that most criminals, mentally ill people, and general undesirables had deadbeat parents
>muh bootstraps!
>>
my dads a 55 yo sjw of the worst kind
>>
File: 1502479083919.jpg (49KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
1502479083919.jpg
49KB, 600x488px
>>39513697
Just try. Go to the manager and give him a firm footshake.
>>
my dad is 66yo white lapsed catholic conservative who is surprisingly red pilled about a lot of things but can't escape some gullible boomer tendencies

when they sell the house out from under me I might like them a lot less than I do now
>>
>>39523753
I'm Millennial and it works for me. Nobody else does it so it makes me stand out. I act act like I'm their best friend and very jovial.
>>
>>39523778
The most aware generation is Generation X. Boomers are idealistic morons and Millennials are collectivist dumbasses.
>>
>>39523817
>The most aware generation is Generation X
92 for me... but I was born in the wrong era I promise.. I should have been born in 1792 to pick up where Mozart, maybe help Napolean do his thing
>>
>>39523861
Truth be told I'd be fucked in any generation because of my condition. I know it sounds like lewronggeneration meme but my generation gets their panties in a twist if you're too edgy or intense and don't care about their muh society bullshit or their bullshit about class privilege.
>>
>>39523507

I never quite understood why, but I've always had extreme issues with admiting that I liked a girl or had any sort of interest and therefore never admited ot having any crushes (or masturbating) until I was about 17 and pretended to be asexual. Now I can admit to having a crush on a girl or wanting to fuck her, but I still can't ever admit it to my parents.

If I'm over at my mother's for the holidays and I bring over a "friend" (a girl I secretly have a crush on) I'd never be able to admit I like her. I think it's because my parent's would tease me if I ever showed inklings of liking a girl like "ooooh haha anon do you think your sister's friend is cute? ;)" and I'd chimp out, turn bright red and break something because the shame and awkwardness and anxiety was that great. To this day I don't think I could admit it to my parents.
>>
>>39523937
Are you me?

I hate telling my parents if I like a girl because I feel like they still have this view that I'm their innocent child and I don't want to break that view. The only reason for why I ever tell my dad that I like a girl is so he doesn't think I'm a faggot. But I can't tell my mom at all. And my parents do tease me about that stuff. I remember having a friend who was a girl and my mom was always on our case because she'd afraid that we were going to hook up or something even though we were really young. It's put these mental blocks on me from telling my parents.
>>
File: 1504400075993.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504400075993.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>39513697
>first-gen taco
>so seeing untold numbers of old relatives in given
>at some point in a conversation they ask me where I am in college
>every single one always brings up that I should be an architect
I don't understand this architect meme from adult mexicans. I've assisted old folk mexicans in public places that can't speak english and they'll fucking tell me this too
>>
>>39523937
I've always had that exact feeling. I don't admit to feeling anything ever
>>
File: 772.jpg (53KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
772.jpg
53KB, 597x519px
>mfw dad tells me i'm just shy and i just have to go up to a girl

IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT WHEN UR 5'4
>>
>>39524326
>5'4

Jesus anon, what stunted your growth?
>>
>>39515257
My parents do this. Not because they want to teach me a lesson but because otherwise they can't afford to live without my income. I can't afford to live by myself either.

Guess I'm stuck with them until they die
>>
>>39524318
>>39524151

My parents WANiT me to get a girlfriend and have asked me if I'm gay before, but I don't know to explain it, I just hate the idea of having to tell my parents I like a girl. I feel ashamed, embarrassed, awkward, guilty, just horrible, horrible, horrible anxiety like you wouldn't believe it. Is there a name for this? It's kind of socially crippling because getting a gf is hard enough without this. If my mother teased me about a GF I might actually fucking hit her.

Once my psychologist as a kid implied I liked a girl and I threw a chair at her and locked me in the bathroom.
>>
my mum has this fucked up idiot boyfriend (bald, big yet short and really fucking dumb) who I clearly didn't like but "tolerated" him nonetheless, one night however when they were having sex it sounded like he was forcing her to do things so naturally I got worried. the next morning I asked my mum if everything' okay and explained why I'm worried to which she laughed in my face. about a week later she got drunk as hell with him and was obviously repeating to him all the shit I told her because every time I walked to the kitchen (the living room is between the kitchen and my bedroom) he gave me a dead stare asking "OW DO U NOT LAYK ME MATE? DO YOU 'ATE ME THEN YE?" and about an hour later I heard him fucking shouting really loudly at my mum so I walked in to see what's happening and he just started beating me up whilst saying "U DON'T MEAN SHIT TO UR MOTHER U LITTLE FUCKING CUNT". I called the police as soon as I was able to get away from him, he left the house drunk and angry, the police arrives and I explained the situation, they go question my mum separately in her room and she denies the fact that he even hit me. my mum goes back to him like a week later to obviously fuck at his house, regularly, and treats me like shit because I spend most of the money I earn at my shitty and exhausting supermarket job on blu-rays which actually provide me with happiness. she later kicks me out of the house and now I'm living with no privacy and I just wish I could be independent and live alone.

1 year has passed and I've had no job, I wish I could earn a living from the videos I create but no one takes it seriously and I can't even market 'em because no one fucking even cares at all.

I had to rant because I related to quite a few posts on here.
>>
>>39524394
>stunted
im the tallest in the family i never had a chance
>>
>>39515653
>$150 per month
>complains

Dude wat. I wish I only had to lend $150/month to my parents.
>>
>>39524450
Damn anon, that's pretty intense. I've usually just tried to avoid the subject or change the topic if it ever came up. Parents have never asked me if I'm gay before, but they have definitely thought it. I know my dad wants me to get a gf, but my mom has always been opposed to the idea yet wants me to get a gf. The confusion has made me just never bring it up. It's one of the reasons for why I've never tried to really go for a girl because I don't want to deal with all of the "ooooo anon's got a gf".

I don't know if there's a name for it specifically, but I think there's a name for not liking to talk about certain things based off of past experiences or how the idea is treated.

>inb4 "it's called autism"
>>
>>39524535
I don't have to pay my parents anything. I get money from SSI and parents for autism therapy. The asshole members of my generation try to shame me and point fingers at my privilege. Neurotypicals have the ability to bootstrap. Autistics don't. Neurotypical privilege is far greater than class privilege.
>>
>>39516237
I'm not allowed to express opinions or share ideas either without my parents wanting to kill me
>>
>>39524495
rip

I'm the tallest in my family at 5'9 and I still have a chance of hitting 5'10 or 5'11. I still might make it.
>>
File: IMG_3409.jpg (47KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3409.jpg
47KB, 520x520px
>>39524326
Fuck this feel is all too real
>>
>>39524597
what opinions can't you express in particular?
>>
>>39524561

>"ooooo anon's got a gf"

REEEEEEEE I'LL MURDER ANYONE WHO SAYS THIS TO ME
>>
>>39515919
Tfw currently shitposting in the air conditioned break room during my security gig at a wood plant
>>
>>39524738
Reminds me of a story

>be me
>fourth grade
>living in a duplex and on the other side lives a qt blonde that became my friend
>we're getting to know each other in our classes when she walks over and asks if she can come over to hang out after school
>agree
>playing vidya after school
>forgot she was coming over
>hear a knock on the door
>mom answers it
>"hello, is anon home?"
>mom calls me down
>say hi
>brothers are in the background yelling and laughing at me
>"anon has a girlfriend! anon has a girlfriend!"
>"oooooooo anon is on a date!"
>her face and my face are bright red with embarrassment
>mom eventually tells them to stop but also has that look in her eye where she wants to go "awwwwww you both look so cute"
>we finally make it up to my room and play vidya
>>
>>39524482
even people on fucking /r9k/ ignore me, fuck this.
>>
>>39525016
Nobody finna read all the shit familia
>>
>>39525016
Should've green text, they're more appealing to read.
>>
>>39525016

fucking move out right now holy shit
>>
File: 1504042386266.jpg (185KB, 1229x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1504042386266.jpg
185KB, 1229x1160px
>whenever I visit my dad he tells me stories about his youth
>mfw he was alpha as fuck when he was my age
>always telling me stories about how he got girls when he was younger
>mfw my dad was chad biker in the 80s
why did I have to be born withh such shit social skills
>>
>>39524975

REEEE THAT STORY IS GIVING ME PTSD

I know for a fact when my weaboo goth friend came over and ALL WE DID was stay in my room watching Madoka/shared a bed, my mother told her boyfriend she thought I fucked her and hoped I used a condom
>>
>>39525069
I am, fuck you.
>>
>>39525113

Mine too anon, a literal chad biker who was even in the army. There's a picture of him smoking weed out of a gun. I remember him being drunk and laughing with my aunt about fucking 3 sisters all in the same day.
>>
>>39525153

good, good luck my friend. Godspeed.
>>
>>39525159
I know that feel anon

when he divorced my mom he married a woman 15 years younger than him
meanwhile I havnt gotten a single gf in my entire life
I don't see him very often (1-2 times a year) but If he knew this he'd disown me
>>
>>39515090
I was desperate enough to try the door to door thing six months ago. I think I gave like 30 resumes and I only got one callback, only because they thought I would work for free.

>>39525016
it seemed kinda random so I thought it was pasta.
good luck mate.
>>
>>39525173
oh wait, did you reply to my whining reply to my own post or the actual original story post?

if the latter then I'm really sorry for saying "fuck you" to you unnecessarily.
>>
>>39525129
When I was friends with her, my mom was always interrogating me.

>"have you two kissed yet, anon?"
>"do you know what sex is, anon?"
>"are you two dating, anon?"
>"do either of you ever hug, anon?"
>"have either of you ever held hands?"
>"have you ever seen each other naked?"

Meanwhile, I was still in fourth grade and didn't care for a relationship like that.

I always hated riding alone in a car with my parents after that.
>>
>>39513764
>> Bank said i could borrow 60 grand

Holy shit, do you make like 12k/year?
>>
>>39525248

the latter and its fine man.

>>39525306

how the fuck were you meant to know about any of that at that age lmao

my mother is the same though, she'd try to set me up with my sister's friends and whatnot too. It was awful. I actually have a "Friend" (God I have such a huge crush on her) coming over this Friday and I'm scared. My room is right next to my mother's and if by some miracle she wants to make out with me or something, my mother'd hear everything.

>>39525183

I see mine every holiday season-ish and he loves me but he just cannot fathom why I'm not a Chad pussy slayer like him. I also get the "YOUR HEIGHT DOESN'T MATTER BRO" talk a lot like some other anons do. I remember riding in the car and he was telling me about how to talk to girls and I was like

"dad, I don't need you to tell me this, it doesn't matter to me

"Why? don't you want a girlfriend?"

"...no"

Meanwhile he's getting love letters and chocolates in the fucking mail and his rich neighbour has just gifted him a fuckin basket of quail's eggs
>>
>>39517370

Notice how when someone ELSE tells them the exact same thing as you, it's taken as fact. Somehow your input is always disregarded.
>>
>>39515225
Oh boy, got any good stories?
>>
My mom walks by my room on the way to the bathroom once every couple of hours and she always peers into my doorway like a weird fucking owl every time she walks by.
Yes, I'm doing what I was doing the last 40 fucking times you walked by, I'm on the laptop.
I swear it feels like I'm in a fucking Edgar Allan Poe story.
>>
>>39525244
thanks man

>>39525687
thanks buddy and once again I'm really sorry, I hate it when I'm unintentionally being an asshole to someone for no reason and unfortunately that happens a lot
>>
>>39515463
Yeah but they get all the money back at the end. It's basically like a savings account
>>
>>39514732
90% of all people who fail at calculus cant do the algebra behind it
>>
>>39514779
Have you ever tried it? It doesn't hurt to try
>>
>>39513697
People who grew up in the 50s/60s/70s generally have absolutely no idea about how much has changed. The social structures/balance are in complete chaos and the western economies are utterly fucked.
>>
>>39526686

>tfw born in one of the worst times to be alive in terms of finding meaning, peace and building proper relationships

>tfw born in the worst time to be a teenager and get to experience the wonders of youth

>tfw borh in a horrible time to have emotions

>tfw no one even understands
>>
>>39526276
Nigga it was a fucking book on addition and subtraction, not algebra.

Thats like giving a lumberjack a butter knife struggling to cut down an oak tree.

She even said something similar to your post bit im not holding it against her because she never took anything higher than grade school math and was able to land a good paying job when she was in her 20s
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.