[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today will be my first day at university (CS). I hope I'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3591.jpg (32KB, 427x549px)
IMG_3591.jpg
32KB, 427x549px
Today will be my first day at university (CS). I hope I'll eventually get to know some people and make some friends.
Share university stories and advice.
>>
>>39510352
Don't procrastinate, do your homework the day it is given.
>>
>CS

>Friends

lol
>>
>>39510352
>going to school on labor day
feels good to be merifat
>>
>>39510391
We have a similar holiday on May 1st
>>
>>39510379
>tfw this is what I thought it'd be like
>tfw I thought I could just sit alone in all my lectures and take notes
>nope
>prof says you have to sit in a group for the lecture, you have to discuss everything with the people around you and she passes around a stuffed penguin in class, whoever gets it has to answer questions in front of 300 people
I thought you didn't need social skills to do CS. I just wanted to sit alone on the computer and learn the material.
>>
>>39510379
Ikr

Whatever, I'll have a small room all for myself to do whatever the fuck I want. That's going to be comfy as fuck

Also: what is a 5 years degree called in the US?
>>
>>39510352
At least you can study CS. I envy you as we dont have CS in this shit country of eupoor.
>>
>>39510550
That's fucking bad...
the worst part of things like that is that your grades are also affected by how socially awkward you are
>>
>>39510576
Where do you live? I am from Italy, I guess we are pretty advanced in universities and stuff.
>>
>>39510617
Slovakia. We only have some IT and thats it. No wonder I didnt care much about unis here and picked a shitty one. There are no choices compared to outside world/
>>
>>39510640
I feel you. On the other hand here in Italy high schools are becoming worse every year, I also did IT in high school and learnt nothing, I hope university will be better.
>>
File: 1486164785884.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486164785884.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>>39510706
I didnt even attend IT high school because I was shit at math. It is my only regret. I did economic oriented high school and then went into psychology. Now I must accept wage slavery because I was a stupid kid.

I wish they didnt have such emphasis on math. There was too much of it and you wont use it if you dont program games or similar stuff. Noone is a scientist here anyway. It is completely useless. Now I can be the one lonely guy in retail who knows more about peoples mind and behavior than average with better computer skills than average but since I dont have the degree in IT I will forever remain a minimum wager because there are no psych jobs.

The regret is too strong.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 215x121px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 215x121px
>>39510802
> :'(

We don't have a lot of maths here.
>>
File: pyo5fgr75y2y.jpg (33KB, 480x385px) Image search: [Google]
pyo5fgr75y2y.jpg
33KB, 480x385px
>tfw decided to major in math instead of CS because it was easier to get into a uni that way
I mean yeah sure studying applied mathematics should get me very similar jobs as CS majors but that won't matter if I'm never going to graduate. I've only been to a couple of the first lectures and I already got no bloody idea what the professors are talking about.

Fucking hell maybe I should just drop out.
>>
I hate university, I'm just surrounded by rich Chads and Stacies, there are no autists around like me and I'm not even that autistic. One more year and I can get a job.
>>
>>39510802

CS started out as a subset of applied mathematics
I hate people who moan about there being "too much math" in CS

It's all basic discrete "math" with some linear algebra at worst
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.