[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw you will never wake up tomorrow in a foreign land where everything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: llamareaper_fantasy-landscape-2.png (319KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
llamareaper_fantasy-landscape-2.png
319KB, 640x360px
tfw you will never wake up tomorrow in a foreign land where everything is like the fiction you grew up with

>Women are loyal and kind
>The world rewards good deeds and punishes bad ones
>Every day is an adventure, journey through the world with your party of friends
>>
File: wizard telescope.jpg (587KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
wizard telescope.jpg
587KB, 1280x800px
>>39509632
>you will never have magic abilities
>>
First I'll enjoy a peaceful life and be comfy. Then I'll try to figure out a way to cause a world war
>>
>>39509875
Reee, stop ruining the world
>>
>>39509632
The trouble with the world rewarding and punishing good and bad deeds is, unless the world tells you what it considers good and bad and unless its judgments are reasonable, then you'll get fucked hard and arbitrarily. Not to mention, if the world contains "corruption" (like Saruman versus the Ithil-stone) then you'll end up punished because of your circumstances.

>>39509818
And the trouble with magic is, if magic were real it would be called science (or natural philosophy). At which point we might ask, why aren't you studying engineering in this world?
>>
Now that I think about it, I ready and watched and played mostly pretty depressing fiction, more fucked and less fucked than our world. A lot more unfair deaths and other bullshit, but also some really interesting people whose losses were always very sad to me. I don't think I ever really read any fiction where the characters didn't lead shitty lives with few good aspects.
>>
>>39509632
My friends and I used to talk about if we had lived in Skyrim.
>>39509818
>ywn ice barrage someone in real life
Why even live?
>>39510082
>arbitrary
I don't think so.
You would end up punished only in so far as you decide to go along with yhe corruption.
Men's souls have moral free will.
Also even what you said were the case, the world would know better than to punish an innocent man, hence why it's idyllic.
>why aren't you studying engineering
Too much work. I'd be more interested in math if algebraic runes let me shoot fireballs and conjure up turkey legs.
Magic is what science should have been, from within and full of mysticism and meaning. Not that cold reductionism that gives disconnected and irreconcilable "facts".
>>
>>39510082
It's an idyllic fantasy land, stop applying real world logic to it. There wouldn't be any problems, think He Man not Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>39510086
I'd like to live in the world of Blame!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.