[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone start off smart and slowly devolve into a brainlet

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fdaslfsadljfdsall.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
fdaslfsadljfdsall.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
Did anyone start off smart and slowly devolve into a brainlet over time? I used to be into reading books and this summer I tried to get back into it. It's been 2 months and I'm not even 300 pages into the Fellowship of the Ring. Every time I go to read I get cockblocked by mental fog and goldfish tier attention span. Does anyone else know this feel?
>>
bruh i read lotr when i was in 6th grade

you need to be brainful before you devolve into a brainlet

try Kant's First Critique
>>
>>39503191
Thanks for the suggestion. Not reading LOTR because I consider it to be high literature or anything I just never read it as a kid and figured it might be a good series to get me back into reading.
>>
>>39503191
>r/iamverysmart

you pretentious friendless faggot
>>
books take too long
>>
>>39503494
>some smart people have difficulty relating to others
>I have difficulty relating to others
>I must be smart!

We have this thread every time someone mentions IQ or literature. None of these so-called brainlords enjoy reading for its own sake, they just choose boring or incomprehensible texts in the hope that they can condescend to others, safe from the horrifying prospect of an actual intellectual discussion.
>>
>>39503129

>It's been 2 months and I'm not even 300 pages into the Fellowship of the Ring
probably because Tolkien is boring stereotypical fantasy garbage.
>>
>>39503191
this, if you're reading lord of the rings or any entry level lit past middle school it's too late for you to be smart.

and if you're not chad then you're just a wasted loser with no place in society.
>>
>anon
>plays video games his whole life
>depressed anxious emasculated beta
>can't get anywhere
>doesn't want to be part of social group

>femanon
>reads books
>learns about sexism and racism from widely accepted analysis by great leftwing minds
>goes on to develop this at college
>becomes part of the system
>becomes modern women armed intellectually with the right tools to take power
>becomes teacher
>teaches next generation of liberals and fucks 16 year old chads since she's sexually liberated
>nobody can challenge her because they're all brainlet betas
>gets her cake and eats it too and will win in the end

>anon picks up children's book in 20s and can't read it
>contemplates suicide again in his ocd mind
>goes back to fapping and 4chan
>4chan is also being taken over by left leaning women
>>
>>39503129
It would only be brainlet if you didn't comprehend what you were reading. It sounds more like you are distracted and unable to concentrate. Has something been bothering you lately?
>>
>thinks there's something wrong because he has to slog through Tolkien
That one's on the sperg you're reading- it's dense and not very intuitive because it was written by somebody who'd rather get his ideas across through topography than actually writing.
>>
>>39505063
>parents raised me to be hyper-liberal culture vulture
>read all the feminist greats, heads of the Harlem renaissance, mountains of commie jews
>because it's what everybody does during youth, turn full contrarian
>try to make a joke about Dubois to my skinhead buddies
>nobody gets it
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39503129
I used to be extremely creative in my teens and early 20s. Somewhere along the lines I stagnated and lost that spark
>>
>>39503129
you just have to keep reading until your bitch brain gets whipped into shape. your brain's a muscle too.
>>
Yeah it happened when I transferred to a shitty school back when I was in high school. Only had 2 classes a day, and the teachers would barley teach and when they did it was stuff I already learned at my old school. I slowly became more retarded and blended in with everyone at that school. Because of it I also gained shitty memory and low vocab skills.
>>
>>39503129
Same here.
I used to be able to be the fastest reader in school, being able to read a 500+ page book in a day or two.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.