[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a "boomer parents think a college degree guarantees

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: rich-piana.jpg (53KB, 450x588px) Image search: [Google]
rich-piana.jpg
53KB, 450x588px
>it's a "boomer parents think a college degree guarantees a high-paying job" episode
>>
>>39484090
>getting a degree that doesn't guarantee a high-paying job
>>
>numale millennial doesn't understand it's good degree + networking + internships + summer jobs + actively looking for opportunities = much better chance of a high paying job
>>
>>39484929
>but muh creativity and love for human rights
>>
>>39484929
>implying getting a basic degree guarantees shit
it's either that you go deeper into the pain for a masters, or you network and/or some how get a decent position with connections or nepotism.
>>
>>39484090
It does to an extent but you have to be good at your job, likeable which is more important and live in a place with jobs
>>
>>39484977

Still not what boomers pretend it is, that you just get the degree and that's it. It's not anywhere close to enough anymore.
>>
>>39485023

Because you lack social skills, you interpret them literally. All of the other things in my post are unspoken because it doesn't occur to the boomer to have to spell it all out to you.
>>
>>39484977
Ahh so the standard just gets higher ok

What's the next generation gonna do start college as babies and finish school in some sort of elementary-bachelors program while working 3 jobs and go to school plus work in the summer then go to three college at once while networking and work 5 jobs for ten years while doing free internships and attending a separate college and getting 5 degrees and working a second job on top of their job they finally acquired?
>>
File: 1496295380211.jpg (7KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
1496295380211.jpg
7KB, 250x198px
>>39484090
Why'd you have to use that picture, OP?

The wound is still fresh.
>>
>>39485077
Really breaks your heart huh. Really rustles your jimmies I bet too huh. Do you like that feeling.
>>
>>39485065

No, that's pretty much always been the standard outside of nepotism.

It's really not that difficult to balance getting a degree with networking and lining up potential internships or jobs
>>
>>39484977
>implying you still won't be starting at 30k/annum despite doing all this shit
>>
>>39485095
I guess you didn't learn your lesson when shaggy and scooby went missing also that zyzz fellow also had a heart attack. I bet this all. Breaks your heart.
>>
>>39485133
Dude's dead my dude
>>
>>39485125
lmao I make 30k a year and all I do is landscaping and some freelance videography work
>>
>>39486200
>landscaping

Lmao at your life
>>
>>39486225
I'm 19 with no college degree or debt, and I pull in just over $3000 a month. The landscaping work I do is actually more like construction, lots of moving dirt, rock, building retaining walls, levelling areas, digging trenches, ect. It's hard work but I enjoy hard work and I work twice as hard as my coworkers, so my boss will pay me more than them and so I can get into shape faster.

Before this I was an unemployed fatso whose only other job was minimum wage making pizza.
>>
>>39484090
RIP in peace Piano
>>
>>39486296
Damn. Must be nice.
>>
>go through life begging for jobs

Real men create their own job and never answer to a boss
>>
>>39486325
It is actually, I'm probably the happiest I've ever been in my life.

I can look myself in the mirror and tell myself that I'm going to make it and know it's not bullshit.
>>
>>39486361
>going through life begging for land

real men weave the fabric of reality into being with their own minds, creating new unexplored vistas only they can own, explore and tame

if you own any piece of matter you didn't create out of nothing yourself then you're a cuck
>>
>>39484090
If you are going to university for anything except teaching or engineering you need to stop
>>
>>39484977
So you need to be very charismatic and good at socializing to get anywhere?

This is why robots are robots. We cannot maintain conversations nor initiate contact. Even if we were savants who could write the code of several dozen Pajeets nobody would know we exist because they'd rather hire the chump they met at a bar.
>>
I'm so autistic my life is hopeless. It's so bad my life would even be fucked if I was a baby boomer. It's hard being an autist.
>>
The problem is everything requires being able to make friends and connections. You can be more qualified than other people, but without a social life and status, you'll lose the position to them. I realized just how serious this is only recently. I realized that you can't enjoy life if you aren't part of the big social system of friends and acquaintances and such. Sure, there's lots to do, but without someone to vouch for you or introduce you to someone else, there's pretty much nothing you can do except entry level, introductory stuff. And I don't just mean jobs, I mean anything. Hobbies, crime, passions, travels, everything relies on more than just money. It would be so much easier if everything did, but money is just the makeup people use to have some kind of system to keep track of all their actions by. What really talks isn't money, it's you. Until you do create a social life, the only things open to you are the first steps to getting one. You're like an adventurer who never unlocked the second quest and is still in the lobby. Sure, maybe you could beat the boss on floor 100, but you can't go anywhere if you don't help the farmer find his pet chicken in the first scene. Of course that's not how things have to be, but because of how ingrained the social system is into the world, everyone follows it and you're out in the cold until people start liking you. I tried, I tried to be myself, and make friends, and fix myself for them, and it all went nowhere. I'm still shit out of luck, I have no prospects and I can't go anywhere because I'd need social connections to get there. It's fucked more than I ever could have thought from just standing outside wondering what the fuck people were doing. The game is rigged, and we're not compatible with it.
>>
>>39484977
>be in college
>a friend in class is friends with a guy in a high position with a decent company
>classmate tells me his friend could get me in as an intern if I emailed my resume since they're apparently always looking for more interns
>look up the company and the job, seems to be a great fit for me
>stress so much and take a lot of time writing and rewriting my perfect resume
>by the time I sent the email, the guy already quit his job to pursue his own business in an unrelated field
>tfw I fucked up landing a great job I could've started straight out of college and I'm still unemployed today
I swear my life is just a heap of missed opportunities.
>>
>>39486296
>I'm a landscaper
>but I have no debt!!!!1!!

The coping skills of lower class retards never cease to amaze me
>>
>>39486665
How long did you take?
>>
>>39486521
same 2bh

>>39486558
same 2bh
>>
Why the fuck do I need a high paying job?

I can go into a trade and make $40 k a year starting out with a high school diploma.
And if I live frugally and not be a dipshit with my money, I'll be fine.
>>
>>39486826
Good luck retiring with any dignity
>>
>>39485065
Simple.

The newer generations take the red pill and realize that capitalism fucking sucks and evolve to universal income/light-communism
>>
File: 1234567899.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1234567899.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>39485077
Just found out he died. What the fuck
>>
>>39487033

>Retiring
>Dignity

I don't care how it is you retire. If you want to just live the last few decades of your life with your old bitchy wife in some run down home, doing nothing but watching history channel, then you are a cuck.
>>
>>39487384
>Im going to stay hit and cool all my life, just watch out kids!
>>
>>39487384
I think you're failing to apprec how common poverty is with old people

The average retirement home is literally a factory farm.
>>
>>39484090
just hoping that climate change stuff isnt a meme so we run out of materials and the whole system comes crashing down within the next 50 years desu
>>
>>39486826
>>39487384
>blue collar retards
>having any foresight whatsoever
>being able to comprehend abstract concepts such the "future" and "retirement"

I'm not sure what I expected
>>
>>39487498

Perhaps

Maybe just maybe

You know, its kind of far fetched but listen to this.

Perhaps, anon, perhaps I wasn't gonna do blue collar work all my life.
Maybe I was gonna go into college later on.

Also, maybe, I just didn't want to get caught into the ol' college loan scam and fall into thousands of dollars of debt right out of high school. Especially not when I have no idea what I want to study yet.

Working in a skilled trade is cheaper to get into and I can always go into college later.
>>
>>39486558
Yeah pretty much this.
>"hey this guy can easily fuck up level 100 for us"
>"oh he hasn't even done the second quest lmfao"
>meanwhile you need a partner to do the farmer quest and everybody thinks you're joking when you're advertising
It's fucking dreadful is what it is.
>>
>>39484090

>/socialoutcast/ in high school
>Study Liberal Arts
>Normie STEM friends mock me saying I won't ever be employed
>Graduate
>Get a job in communications and marketing
>4 years later
>Digital marketing executive
>$110k/y at 24 years old
>STEM friends unemployed or working for half my wage

Feels good
>>
>>39487708
lol k enjoy being a loser your whole life being a plumber or whatever
>>
>>39487923

First of all, plumbers save lives mate. If it weren't for plumbing, we'd be shitting in buckets and throwing it in the street. Plumbing is key for proper sanitation.
It's a skilled, important, and respectable trade.

Secondly, I was gonna go into railroad work. Which pays well. And, as I've stated, I'm going into college later. So fuck off.
>>
>>39488015
>I totally could've gone to college

Aha I can't tell you how many contractors I've heard say this

This one guy who was renovating my kitchen wouldn't shut up about how he supposedly had a scholarship. Dude was super insecure
>>
>>39488015
>plumbers save lives

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>39487848
How does liberal arts go into marketing?

>>39488258
Dude fuck off wed be fucked if everyone did the same thing
>>
>tfw i know i've got to make connections, but don't know how

my school has like 1 industry event a year and its usually just an event where people in the industry get up and talk for 30 mins each

how the hell do you meet people?
>>
I dont know guys. I made connections despite hating myself but still no job or opportunities. Also most people were denied internships. I dont think there is any magical way of doing things and it hugely depends on where you live.

Here it matters not if you are STEM or liberal art, if you dont have connection you will be retail. I tried and failed. Most of my classmates tried and failed.The ones who are now working in their fields are those that had theri parents give them positions or their bf mostly if they are wymyn.
>>
>>39488295

Creative Writing & Literature -> communications -> marketing

My initial communications job had marketing responsibilities which I became more exposed to as time went on.
>>
>>39488414
This

Same thing with me and I have a chemistry degree

>>39487708
>>39488015
No offense man but you sound like a fuckin loser
>>
>>39486497
>So you need to be very charismatic and good at socializing to get anywhere?

Yeah. Those basic things that make a human a human.
>>
>>39488365
>getting IT degree
>college has a annual career fair
>show up to it
>literally nobody who does their own in-house IT is there
What the fuck man
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.