[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish I could just throw my life towards something that matters

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1475064570184.jpg (89KB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475064570184.jpg
89KB, 853x1024px
I wish I could just throw my life towards something that matters to me. Is there anything out there you would die for gladly? Is there any sort of doubt that lingers on your mind preventing you from doing so?
>>
A common symptom of ingesting too much idealized fiction
>>
>>39483764
I've always thought about it, but you can't reasonably do it and still maintain your everyday faculties at logical levels. You're always going to take a large hit somewhere or multiple moderately sized ones. I would love to be an author, but that first starts with getting my "paper keys" which is a rather useless degree (English) otherwise (outside of teaching, which is cool), but now I have to also do a ton of research and read literal hundreds of books to develop my own style and niche without impeding on others. Hours and hours of this before writing dozens of revisions just to possibly get published some day, probably skipped out on meals, still single. It's just not worth it, so I do it as a hobby and continue with life as "normal." I allow myself to keep that dream alive and play with the idea now and again (I write a few pages every week for fun) and it keeps me occupied mentally.

Now if I were born with an innate skill at literature, it would be a totally different story, but unless you're the rare 1% of the population that has a near limitless amount of drive and motivation, if you're not "born with it", it's probably best to move on.
>>
File: Kiyoshi.jpg (10KB, 280x379px) Image search: [Google]
Kiyoshi.jpg
10KB, 280x379px
>>39483764
>Tfw I'll never be a kamikaze.
The only thing close to kamikaze where I live is Jihad and I'm not religious. Feels bad.
>>
>>39484359
>I want to be a writer, but I can't, because I'm not a writer.
Anon, try. Just try. Good writing is just trying and continuing to try. You can throw your life at something that matters to you, but it takes discipline. It's a sacrifice. It's not always fun.
>>
>>39483764
Would gladly sacrifice myself to overthrow the state and establish a dictatorship of the proletariat

NOTHING
TO
LOSE
BUT
MY
CHAINS
>>
>>39483764
>Is there anything out there you would die for gladly?
I'm a logical, clear thinking person so, no, nothing comes to mind. It's the weak-minded that can be manipulated in this way e.g. Trump voters.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.