[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So r9k. I've been saving money at my salaryfag job for a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

So r9k. I've been saving money at my salaryfag job for a while. I am nearing 50,000 dollars. I normally spend probably 1500 dollars a month between rent, food, bills, insurance, and various other shit.

So I have about 3 years of money. What should I do with my 3 years of NEET lifestyle? Plan is to do indie vidya dev, streaming, and music. I've thought about doing short film stuff as well and probably going to be brewing cider on the side because I enjoy it.

Any suggestions /r9k/?
>>
don't blow it
buy your own house and property
save up more if need be
>>
>>39481375
i'm in exactly the same situation as you. i've been working for about two years to save that amount. if you're similar i would advise you to work longer just so you have enough time on your resume to be considered "experienced". i'm targeting 4 years for that reason and so I can get my professional license. that does carry the risk of getting caught up in it though and being another retard that retires at 69 and dies at 70.

>>39481440
i think buying a house is a bad idea. it adds onto static expenses that will force you to stay employed. if you're in a well paid profession and not living in SF or some other kike shithole i think the loss of equity in renting is more than made up for by not being tied down.
>>
>>39481375
Why are you going to blow your career and savings on falling for the NEET meme?

just take a vacation
>>
>>39481599
I want to make vidya and become an indie game dev, that's the goal. Give myself three years to come out as able to support myself with indie game development.

I've been working on an earthbound style game for a long time. I want to take the first six months of my NEETdom to finish it.
>>
>>39481637
>I want to make vidya
i don't have a frog that's smug enough
>>
Pack up and go to a more or less developed country. Rent is 100-200$ and food is cheap, so you can enjoy more time with your loneliness.
>>
>>39481375
i think it depends on what your long term plans are

you gonna kys after you run out or are you doing this life thing for the long haul?

cuz if the former then just go on a really fucking crazy multi year drug bender

and if the latter, then invest it in some sort of easy, low-work business that can sustain you and provide the freedom you need to enjoy the activities that you're into. some online business or something. not an instant payoff but definitely greater in the long run
>>
File: 1487571474652.jpg (35KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1487571474652.jpg
35KB, 499x499px
>>39481683
i got you covered my man
>>
>>39481637
Your game is awful.
>>
>>39481989
>>39481683
See if the first one is awful that's fine. I have multiple years to keep trying.
>>
File: 1490934799796.jpg (34KB, 539x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490934799796.jpg
34KB, 539x480px
>>39482447
Even if it's good, it's really difficult to make money on it unless you make a meme game like Undertale. Some RPG patched together probably won't make any money, at least for a while.
>>
>>39483060
That's why I'm giving myself several years to keep going. I don't want to be rich, just make enough money to keep making games. Most indie games sell an average of around 10k copied if you hit the 50th percentile. If it's 7.99$ each that's 80000. Steam takes a third. So that's 56000. Then taxes, so another third off. That's ~40000, or another two and a half years.

I think I'm good enough to hit the 50th percentile on at least one game in three years. I expect to finish 2. I think I can make it.
>>
>>39481375
Can I have $200?
>>
Sounds like you already know what you want to do. But what about health insurance?
>>
>>39483128
I'm still on my family's health insurance for another decade because of a weird thing with my father's work. It's cheaper for him to keep me on so he does.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.