[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw you will never be a medieval nobleman that protects his town,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1490608774176.jpg (123KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
1490608774176.jpg
123KB, 500x423px
tfw you will never be a medieval nobleman that protects his town, and in return, your perverse behaviour is disregarded. Public respect, free food... peasants even offer you their little daughters (who has not yet flowered).
>>
>>39476096
peasants never did that, in fact if the nobleman tried to fuck their kids it's very likely his head would hang somewhere after a mass revolt since religion and traditions were pretty strong back then, or just get a casual dagger in the ribs while going home drunk from the local inn in the dark
>>
>>39476096
That girl is cute.
I'd really like to kiss her forehead and hug her.
>>
File: wario.jpg (82KB, 320x259px) Image search: [Google]
wario.jpg
82KB, 320x259px
>tfw will never die from black death
>>
>>39476628
Welcome to the club, my friendo.
>>
>>39476096
>>39476521
The Middle Ages are a long period, countries in Europe are not all the same, and the modern perception of medieval times is fucked in certain ways mostly due to the myth of history being a straight path to progress.

A nobleman's life wasn't necessarily all luxuries and glory by definition. You had to go to war, that was why you even got to be a nobleman, and while before the proliferation of crossbows and reliable gunpowder weapons you were, assuming you were rich enough to have the full kit expected of a soldier of your time and culture (technology did progress throughout the ME, remember), plus a horse depending on the situation, pretty much an unstoppable murder machine against peasant conscripts and maybe urban militias (if any - citizen armies only really got big in the Renaissance), there were usually people on the other side trained to do all the same things you did. With medicine being what it was then, your survival rate against them was probably shit.

>>39476521
This anon partially speaks the truth - the Catholic Church did often act to moderate aristocratic excesses with the threat of excommunication and what not, but they were of course mostly out for their own gain (Saint Stanislaus for example became a saint because he committed treason by demoralizing an army into retreating, but officially he's a martyr). Catholicism was also not the only religion of medieval Europe, with Orthodoxy splitting off with the Great Schism, and Orthodox priests tend to be in very tight with the state - that's one of the reasons human life has historically had no value in Russia. "Ius primae noctis" did exist, but was also hunted by the Church well past the medieval era - some Polish chronicles mention eastern nobles in the First Commonwealth keeping priests away from their Ruthenian subjects so they could continue to do it with no repercussions.
>>
>>39477072
Because of 4chan's stupidly short character limit, I didn't get to elaborate on the existence of such a thing as POOR NOBLES. Yes, poor nobles!
Again using Poland as an example, there existed a distinct class of nobles that farmed their own lands for a living - the kmiecie. They got fucked over by the big landowners eventually and, in the post-medieval Commonwealth, got to become the golota - literally "the naked class": technically nobles, in practice they lived entirely off gibsmedats from the great magnates in exchange for fighting for them in wars and voting as their boss told them in Parliament.
>>
File: 1470535493472.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470535493472.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
Become ancap. It's basically feudalism combined with industry and progress.
>>
>>39477072
There is no evidence that the first night shit ever happened, "records" of it are only found in fanfiction written centuries later by people to show off how civilised they were "now". Actual evidence of it happening has never been found.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.