[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the vast majority of society made up normies who are uneducated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1480624305549.png (47KB, 210x239px) Image search: [Google]
1480624305549.png
47KB, 210x239px
Why is the vast majority of society made up normies who are uneducated about politics that affect their lives, allow consumerist and corporatist culture to thrive, popularize easily digestible pandering music, expose their narcissism on social media and give millions of dollars to Hollywood to see the next lazy shitty remake movie?

Is the average human being this dumb? How come most people on this board can see through these things but we're autistic and failures?
>>
>>39473986
They are not dumb. They are just too distracted fucking eachother to get it.
You do nothing all day but read shit on the internet, of course you would be able to take a step back and look more clearly.
In fact, normies are generally a lot smarter than your average bot, but their intelligence only goes to use in their work/hobby/gf, so politics that dont directly affect them are not in the focus
>>
File: 1503676495320.jpg (21KB, 387x309px) Image search: [Google]
1503676495320.jpg
21KB, 387x309px
>>39473986
>>39474043
Everyone is intelligent and retarded in some area, intelligence isn't just either being good at everything or terrible at everything. The majority of people have the weaknesses of OP's list but thrive in social intelligence, are capable of hard work and independence. Robots are basically the exact opposite, hence making them a minority and so alienated from society
>>
>>39474216
Basically they are just too busy interacting within the world that is created for them rather than thinking about the world itself?
>>
>>39474247
Deep
Oregenator
>>
>>39474247
I believe so, if everyone had/took the time to extensively research political ideologies and policies I think most people could make smart decision on them, it's not like normies are too dumb to participate in them, they're just distracted. People have jobs to work, kids to raise and relationships to build, they don't enough time to excell in other areas.

Note how normies always talk about "shower thoughts" and getting philosophical or anxious when they go to sleep, coincidentally the only two times of their day they're not distracted by something else.
>>
>>39474341
In yer mom mostly
>>39474349
Sounds abit too ideal. I attend college ive had relationships in the past when im at home i usually play video games with friends or im outside getting drunk. But i still have more than enough time to indulge into reading or listening to scientific teachings that are uploaded online. There is definitely some time wasted doing something "worthless" for pure entertainment. Though i suppose entertainment is subjective too, i find it entertaining to listen to shit about the universe one day, about biology and so on. I find it nearly impossible that there is simply no time to learn. There were slaves who managed to learn how to read and some that even opened philosophy schools.
>>
>>39474043
No, most people are actually idiots compared to the average person on this board.
>>39474216
Intelligence is what makes you good at everything. It's the common denominator.
>>39474349
Some people can figures things out with ease, some people have to struggle to understand, and some just aren't capable.
>>
>>39474440
I think that anon is only talking nature and not nurture. The place you choose to get your news media from, what your childhood was like or how good the education you got was also impact how people turn out.

If we're going to be brutally honest then yes, the average human being's intelligence mixed with modern society is not intelligent enough to overcome things like corporatism, muddled politics, etc.

Unfortunately within the minority of people who do end up smart enough to see through those things there's still a split between those who actually try to change society and educate people, and those who just get depressed or try to make the best of things for themselves.
>>
>>39474216
Wrong. There are people who are plain dumb at everything, read about general intelligence.
>>
>>39474511
You sound like a tad of superiority complex. Let me remind you before you start throwing iq numbers around that being in this board means you are a reject, so bragging makes absolutely no sense.
Normies seem cruel to us because they are too distant and "perfect".
They seem shallow and daft but they only appear so because they make themselves that consiously, to fit in with the largest amount of people.
They are smarter, prettier and stronger than the average robot, or else they wouldnt be normies
>>
>>39474605
Well today more and more you are capable of educating yourself. I self taught myself english and i self taught myself programming which i am going to be now building upon in college.
Its not like anybody forces you to watch this certain type of news network or anything as such.
Its just that somehow most people dont even bother looking up things online or even listening to others. Its usually the most foolish one that speaks the most.
>>
>>39473986
We must learn to accept this world and improve what little of it that we can.
>>
>>39474661
You're projecting, I never said anything about "normies" or "Chad." I've interacted with plenty of folks through work both as a supervisor and an uber driver. The average person is less intelligent than the average person on this board. Most people end up here because they have difficulty becoming socially adept. Why do you think that is? Most are on a higher level than the AVERAGE person. Notice I didn't say "normies."
>>
>>39474651
He didn't give a good explanation but he's right saying everyone varies in intelligence, meaning you also get groups of of people who are just fucking retards about everything as well as sociable, hard working and smart people.

>>39474727
But even that is largely depended on your nature and nurture. If you were born as a Stacey who gets validation from everyone because she's pretty, has rich parents who provide all her needs and has a pretty low IQ overall you'd probably be too distracted and too dumb to research for a good source of news and just buy the bullshit from anything that sounds true to you.
>>
>>39474797
I suppose it comes down upon what is put at a place of value for each person. In my youth, even though i was always favorite in everything a place of value for me was knowledge.
>>
File: 1491522229344.jpg (21KB, 658x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491522229344.jpg
21KB, 658x600px
>>39474511
>No, most people are actually idiots compared to the average person on this board.

pic related

>>39474661
>>39474795
go back to redit
>>
>>39473986

I'm afraid you hold yourself and your peers in too high of regards.

There's lots of people who are aware. They just realized they don't have a choice. You pick your poison, and that's IT.

Much like non-neurotypical people.

Basically you're just turning these people into strawmen-- easily knocked down and discarded-- without bothering to delve into the complexities (and why would you? You're the same as they are, in alot of ways)
>>
File: tenor.gif (461KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
461KB, 350x232px
>>39474944
You outed yourself immediately
>>
>>39474998
There are lots who are aware, but the majority aren't. He may hold his peers in too high of a regard, but not himself
>>
>>39474998
That's only if you talk yourself into a hard-lined sense of powerlessness. There's a difference between the film student who goes on to make great movies to provide an alternative to Hollywood schlock vs the person who decides the whole industry is ruined and they're not even gonna bother. Likewise the same applies for the other points too, someone who tries to actually become a politician and stand against political corruption vs giving into the system.

Many good things in history are because of those superior examples. FDR during the Great Depression, or Stanley Kubrick proving the potential of film making.
>>
>>39475096

Yes, himself. and the people here on r9k for that matter.

There's a certain arrogance to this worldview. OP himself is probably uneducated about politics. Or miseducated. But now he'll never be able to see it through this false-superiority complex.

I'm sorry. But you people aren't anymore 'woke' than the average joe. Sometimes even less so.
>>
>>39475125

The self-actualization is an achievement in itself, really. It's very difficult when you get naysayed from all sides-- an inevitability, once you become good enough to become competition.

I'm all *for* the outside angle. The stranger, the traveller, the unconventional thinker. But whenever you're truly exceptional, you're always hemmed in by average people. It just becomes background noise after awhile, and you stop resenting people for it once you realize you yourself chose the price of going against the grain, and you cant hold others in contempt for it.
>>
>>39474795
not neccesarily, people come to this board because they have difficulty with social interaction and want to talk to people similar to themself in that regard. You still see a lot of people posting here with absolute retard tier logic/grammar, and many others complaining about their low IQ.
>>
>>39475393
I didn't say necessarily, I said average and most. We know that INTP's are overrepresented here. INTP's are most likely to highly intelligent. So the average "robot" is smarter than a random average person. I know we're getting into pseudo science, but that's the closest I can get without actual statistics
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.