[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you started meditating yet? >easy as fuck,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 1504285729146 (1).png (83KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1504285729146 (1).png
83KB, 512x384px
Why haven't you started meditating yet?

>easy as fuck, all you have to do is breath in and breath out
>heals depression
>heal anxiety
>heals ADD
>heals mental illness
>protects against brain disorders
>improves immunity system
>makes you younger
>gives you a longer lifespan
>raises your iq
>raises your creativity
>allows both hemispheres to work in unison
>reduces fatigue and need for sleep
>can give you enlightenment

You have literally no excuse, /r9k/.
>>
That looks like the Guild Wars 2 loading spinner.
>>
>>39468588
I've been routinely meditating in the morning after I've done my exercises.

I think you kinda exaggerated the benefits, but it indeed helps me feel lighter in spite of bad shits that's been happening yesterday and preparing me for the neew day better.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation
https://www.coursera.org/learn/mindfulness
https://www.coursera.org/learn/buddhist-meditation
https://www.coursera.org/learn/science-of-meditation
>>
>>39468694
this
meditation is good and fine, but people, OP included exaggerate the effects to an extreme degree.
>>
>>39468601
It's the logo for ps vita custom firmware called enso.
>>
>>39468710
There are different techniques. Some can put you in really strange states of mind.
>>
>>39468588
>>easy as fuck, all you have to do is breath in and breath out

i do this literally my whole life senpai.

no point, i have all my thoughts to myself all the time anyway. sitting and thinking about nothing while breathing isn't gonna fix jack shit.
>>
>>39468972
Do share some of that techniques would you kindly?
>>
I started it, but then after learning of the million different kinds of it I sort of wondered if I was doing the "right" one, then sort of drifted away from it once that uncertainty set in.

I'd focus entirely on breathing, and whenever my thoughts would drift to anything but the physical feeling of breathing, the air entering me, I'd forcibly haul them right back to it.
One of the things I read said you should let your thoughts come and go naturally. That didn't really happen for me. I'd just drift from thought to thought endlessly. I get enough introspection already thank you.

Also, meditation really does have measurable benefits, but it's less like life-changing results and more like a 5-10% modifier or so. Nothing big, but the little it helps is better than nothing. On this subject, interestingly, check out Wim Hof's shit.
>>
>>39469064
I don't really know any. I can't meditate anymore because of freakish hallucinations that I have which were ironically brought about by meditation. It was pretty freeform so I didn't really take notes or anything. I've basically forgotten.

Anyway it's probably for the better lol you would not want to end up like me.
>>
Because I'm afraid that when I open my eyes there will be a ghosty

dont bully, my house is very haunted and it has happened before.
>>
>>39469894
You sound like a cool little faggot
>>
File: Capture.jpg (82KB, 996x771px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
82KB, 996x771px
Looks like someone's on a mission. For what though, who knows.

>yeah duders! Sitting on your ass with your eyes closed.... it, like...does impossible stuff that not even medicine can do, duders!
>>
>>39469301
Shit man, are you accidently making a tulpa or whatever it is /x/ been going about?

I think it's beliveable, I've heard some praticioner who'd meditate themselves to hallucinations to attain some kind of forbidden skill or something.
>>
File: 00110upset.jpg (107KB, 1000x1030px) Image search: [Google]
00110upset.jpg
107KB, 1000x1030px
I forget to do it and I'm too lazy to stop whatever it is I'm doing and mediate.
>>
Buddhism represents the perfect ideology for passive acquiescence to the world as it is, a panacea of inner peace that fits neatly into an advertising culture where, by now, "be present" could just as well be the slogan of a credit card company as an instruction from a meditation teacher.
Western Buddhism allows us to fully participate in the frantic pace of the capitalist game, while sustaining the perception that you are not really in it, that you are well aware how worthless the spectacle is - what really matters to you is the peace of the inner self to which you know you can always withdraw.
This represents a dangerous type of inner peace - a peace not based on true insight into the interdependent nature of reality, but instead based on withdrawal into a mental cocoon, some personal oasis isolated from the turmoil of the world outside. In this cocoon, the whole world can go to hell, and the meditator can - put simply - be ok with that. In fact, the meditator can even be a willing actor in a system aiding great oppression, and still live at ease, because it's "all good" anyway. By practicing "acceptance," we simply become comfortable with the status quo
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 960x720px)
image.jpg
145KB, 960x720px
>>39468694
I had bad shits too.
I had beets last night hoping that's what it is
>pic related
>>
>>39470147
There's nothing wrong with acquiescence.
>>
>>39470147
Quite the opposite. It allows you to observe reality with unfettered clarity instead of chasing demons constructed by your own damaged psyche.
>>
File: 1472889793546.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1472889793546.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>39468588
>allows both hemispheres to work in unison

yours don't seem to even work individually I would say based on this claim
>>
>>39470271
keks were made
>>
>>39470271
>Brainwaves of the left hemisphere are not in sync with those of the right hemisphere (the brainwaves are independent); however, during meditation the brainwaves of the entire brain synchronize.
>>
>>39469965
t-thanks?

origamilio
>>
>meditating helps to fix everything
What the fuck? This is probably only as effective as simply sitting down and objectively examining the problems in your life, and at least the latter will tell you what to do to fix yourself.
>>
>>39470147
there are zero differences between good and bad things, you fucking imbecile anon
>>
>>39469894
do the story
>>
File: Crystal-energy-13-13.jpg (1015KB, 1750x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal-energy-13-13.jpg
1015KB, 1750x1043px
>>39470414
according to whom? The same get energy from crystals?
>>
>>39468588
OP what meditation techniques you use and would recommend?
>>
I breath in and out all day but I'm still a basket case. I don't think you're right.
>>
we spend so much of our lives waiting and you want us to wait more in our free time

wtf
>>
>>39470851
According to MRI scans.
>>
>>39471002
I can't wait to see this. Post it, dummy.
>>
>>39471056
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/01/eight-weeks-to-a-better-brain/
>>
>>39470147
intellectualizing something that needs to be directly experienced to truly understand.
>>
File: 1461700836979.jpg (10KB, 171x167px) Image search: [Google]
1461700836979.jpg
10KB, 171x167px
>>39471750
What a troll. That says nothing at all about any statement you just made. It says that it has similar effects on stress to just taking regular naps.
>>
>>39468588
>>heals depression
shut up
>>
>>39468588
Because it's hard you dumb cunt
>>
I can't mediate when I'm off my meds. That's how severe my ADD is. My concentration is as bad as a narcoleptic person's.
>>
>>39471877
meditate*
veryoriginal
>>
>>39471840
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/04/turn-down-the-volume/
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/11/meditations-positive-residual-effects/
>>
>>39468901
Actually, that circle is called enso.
>>
>>39471905
Stop posting the same redundant horseshit about how taking naps is good for your stress. You said that "Brainwaves of the left hemisphere are not in sync with those of the right hemisphere (the brainwaves are independent); however, during meditation the brainwaves of the entire brain synchronize." according to MRI scans. Post THAT article.
>>
>>39468710
Right, it can help but it's not going to fix your problems. It doesn't take the place of a psychiatrist or doctor.
>>
>>39469301
Hallucinations aren't really a big deal though. It's incidental; it doesn't really mean anything. I've had crazy hypnagogic hallucinations since forever.
>>
>>39469015
You seem to be missing the point.
>>
>>39470147
How did you manage to write something so thoroughly retarded?
>>
>>39470531
>This is probably only as effective as simply sitting down and objectively examining the problems in your life, and at least the latter will tell you what to do to fix yourself.
No, you think you're doing that but you're just uselessly ruminating. Thought isn't generally necessary.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.