[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good careers for robots? Preferably something where

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1429872049027.jpg (110KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1429872049027.jpg
110KB, 645x773px
What are some good careers for robots? Preferably something where I don't have to talk to people that much and it pays well. I'm currently stuck as a manager at this fast food joint and every day I want to die.
>>
please respond

aowiejoaiernoigningirnignr
>>
>IT
>some agricultural stuff
>trucking
>locksmithing
>anything creative if you can manage it

I see the above careers mentioned a lot. Some areas you should avoid. Commerce is filled with chads. Trades are filled with chads and normies. If you are going to take up a trade make sure you get to work alone.

In the end, self employment is crucial to a robot's happiness. Working by your own schedule with the people you want to work with gets rid of plenty of your anxieties and 'getting up in the morning' agonies.
>>
>>39462406
>manager of fast food joint

Ok chad.
>>
>>39462539
>some agricultural stuff
nope, done dairy and dry stock for 5 years after highschool. Some serious non fuckuperry is required.
>>
>>39462480
>aowiejoaiernoigningirnignr

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>39462539
>IT
I'm not very good with computers, also I feel like there are a lot of people going into this field so it could be difficult finding a job
>trucking
I already sit on my ass enough while at home
>anything creative if you can manage it
i wanted to be an artist as a kid but i can't draw for shit
>locksmithing
this might be okay

>>39462575
literally the only reason i got promoted was because i'm the only one on my shift that's not a highschool kid or a druggie, and it's even worse because now I have to actually talk to the customers and put up with their stupid bullshit

>>39462583
fuck the robot
>>
I just want a job with late hours and no talking to other people. I don't care if it's barely minimum wage, if it can feed me and house me it's enough.
>>
>>39462771
Im a builders apprentice, you can get away with mild autism if youre a hard and smart worker.
>>
warehousing is pretty good for robots, I got a job with no experience starting at $15/hr
>>
You are a manager, even if shitty at it. Saying you can't do something or thinking field is saturated without even a little effort or research will prevent you from getting jobs/income.
>>
I need a job that's easy to do but nobody else wants it because it's lonely and the pay is no better than jobs with more social interaction.
>>
>>39463190
sewer worker?
>>
>careers for robots
KEK
sorry, careers are only obtained through nepotism
so unless your parents have good connections, or you made some yourself, you're shit out of luck and have to work minimum wage retail for the rest of your days, sorry
>>
>>39462406
Fire watch in a national park? This one is open to people with disabilities:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477246200
>>
>>39462833

What do you do every time you work? Just load boxes?
>>
Instead of trying to find a career that perfectly suits you it might be a good idea to make efforts towards changing yourself.
>>
>>39463328
No, if one has to go I'd rather be dead than change.
>>
>>39463328
You can't just stop being a robot, it's for life.
>>
night custodian at a large facility of some kind
>be night janitor at community college I go to for school
>go to work after class
>campus is fucking HUEG
>each member of night custodian team is given HUEG portion of building to clean every night (but its not that hard I'm given 5.5-6 hours each night to get it all done and I get it done in 4-4.5)
>we are the only people on the campus
>except when you get close to other janitors, place is dead silent and dark if you turn off all the non-emergency lights (i always do so its nice and dark)
>no interaction for that time except occasionally
>plenty of time for music, podcasts and quiet contemplation
>>
>>39462798
Lab Technician, work late nights minimal social interaction. 6pm-2am shift. Usually get a few dollars above minimum plus night differential.
>i am doing this now, was a fast food manager, life is better
>>
>>39463552
this sounds pretty cozy, sign me up
>>
Right off the bat, look at overnights, wherever you look. A lot less people around, both with customers and others to deal with, and other employees.

I've always thought being a trucker would be a comfy job. It's just you alone 24/7 driving couple hour or couple day trips. You'd sleep in your cab at night, and your only contact with others would be a cb radio you could explore and listen to.

Night security guard is another excellent job. Again, specifically at night. It'd be pretty bad during the day. It depends on where you're posted. I knew one guy who worked security at a dock. He'd make a lap around every other hour and was basically just there for insurance reasons. The rest was his own free time.

My ideal job was working at an out of the way used bookstore. You'd hardly see anyone, and it's not like you're gonna get many troublemakers at a bookstore. Tons of free time, little interaction, and relatively labour-free.
>>
>24 years old
>really good work experience and extra curriculars
>completely bomb last 2 semesters at University
>dogshit academic transcript littered with fails
>just moved to a city of only 300,000 with virtually no industry in what I studied (Agricultural Economics/Petroleum Engineering)

I came so close, all I had to do was not fuck up the last 2 semesters and tell my family to fuck off but instead I got pressured into going with them.

Got a 5 month gap on my CV now and it's not looking good, plan is to just get some comfy minimum wage job with no normie interaction while I study an industry qualification and use that to hopefully distract from my shitty undergrad while I go for a proper job. I don't really care about money but just want a proper career I suppose so everything I did doesn't feel like a waste and I'm not surrounded by piece of shit co-workers all day.

Anyone here do gardening and sell shit to inner city normies? thinking of doing that on weekends for "organic" vegetables or some shit but idk

I'm interested in what most of you robots went through after graduating, how did it turn out for you?

/blogpost
>>
Anyone here in the pharmaceutical industry? I want to learn how to produce drugs ( purely out of interest, I don't use drugs). Thinking about going to trade school for it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.