[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the quickest way to get a decent paying job once you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Whats the quickest way to get a decent paying job once you get a degree?
>>
>>39461328
Getting payed to kys on cam
>>
>>39461328
You should already have called into and applied for positions before you get a degree.
>>
Recommendation from someone already working at the company.
>>
You just need to start applying to dozens and dozens of jobs. In my case it took me roughly four or five months to find my first job after graduating.
>>
>>39461328
internship should've set you up with a connection to a full paying job
>>
So I'm basically fucked?
>>
>>39461769
You're fucked if you conclude that you're fucked and consequently give up and do nothing.
>>
>>39461790
Alright I majored in Software Engineering from a shitty FL state school.
>>
>>39461808
Ok, first accept that you probably aren't going to move to San Francisco and immediately sign a contract for $85,000 a year like some people in your engineering department probably tried to tell you.

Then realize that there are alternatives between the "engineering meme" and becoming a NEET failure. Put together a good resume. Go to indeed.com. Start looking for entry level software engineering jobs in your area. Start applying for tons and tons of them. Write cover letters. Expect to do this for at least a few months. Job hunting sucks and doing it for the first time is particularly bad. The important thing is to just grit your teeth and do it.

The unemployment rate is around 4.5%, wages are growing. Don't listen to the people on this board who failed out of community college and concluded that university is a waste of time. You aren't fucked and you will find a job if you try.
>>
>>39461881
But trump said the unemployment rate was 42% on the campaign trail
>>
Forget a decent paying job, get a well paying blue collar job and then buy a cheap as fuck house that you renovate yourself and then love in semi neetdom for the rest of your life. Im halfway there.
>>
>>39461916
Don't worry, that's no longer a thing you have to worry about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IhIWf6G77M
>>
>>39461881
also, if you try to live in san francisco on only 85k, you're barely a step above poverty
>>
Nepotism

Original 9/2/17
>>
>>39461982
I live in San Francisco and I can assure you the situation isn't as dire as all that.
>>
>>39461881
I've already accepted that. Most of my class got local developer jobs or moved to Tampa/Orlando. Some people I knew already had local junior developer jobs before graduating.

I'm currently working a shitty retail job to not piss off my parents.

Is it okay to put group projects you did in Uni despite the fact you are god awful at coding?(I know I wasted my time but I need to salvage this degree into something).

If I regrind java in a month will that be good enough to start doing my own projects to pad my resume?
>>
>>39462115
Put anything that you think would help on your resume. You should also know that you can apply to jobs that you are nominally unqualified for. Many jobs will be described as "Entry Level" but then ask for 1-2 years experience in their descriptions. You shouldn't count yourself out of the running on those. Many of those are filled by people straight out of school.

If you're not too good at coding you could try to find a job unrelated to computer science. A degree in software engineering is a good way to show that you are smart and quantitatively inclined. You could start looking at analyst jobs in finance or similar fields.
>>
>>39462115
You should put down your group projects even if you didn't do much. Just showing that you have experience working in a group is a plus.
>>
File: 1489872244208.jpg (18KB, 409x410px)
1489872244208.jpg
18KB, 409x410px
You fell for a meme degree fag wagecuck. You will eventually get a shitty job not related to your degree earning $20000-$30000 a year. Fucking wagies....
>>
>>39462375
NEET is literal suffering. I need to do something in my life. I wish I was good enough at melee to be sponsored but I'm not so I need a decent job.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.