[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>135IQ >NEET >0 motivation or desire to make any form

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: 1504075285120.jpg (60KB, 522x468px) Image search: [Google]
1504075285120.jpg
60KB, 522x468px
>135IQ
>NEET
>0 motivation or desire to make any form of progress, ever
>movies, games and TV bore me
>no desire to live, no desire to die, absolute apathy
>never really feel any emotion other than mild frustration with petty things
>don't feel happy or unhappy

What's the fucking point? All the positivity in my life is from found in aeshetic pictures, good music and internet iq, mental illness and personality quizzes

I don't even know what I'm asking here, but I would quite like a handgun to kill myself with, if anyone might kindly oblige.
>>
>>39457368
What if you explored the world?
>>
>>39457368
What do you consider good music?
>>
>>39457410
What, so I can waste 10 hours on transport, see a tourist attraction for 1 hours and then head back, then rinse and repeat until the money dries up?

Also, I said I was a NEET. 0$ boi
>>
>>39457368
Ever considered getting an animal? Try to get a newborn chick somewhere and raise it, you will get to love It im sure
>>
>>39457452
No music is objectively good, but the music that I like to find are the ones that make me feel mellow by being slow, deep and emotionless yet full of feeling. If I sound like a burbling retard, listen to songs like "Truly" or "John Wayne" by Cigarettes after Sex. Slowdive is good too.

The genres they share are slow rock, shoegaze, dream pop and ambient
>>
>>39457507
Answer me>>39457452 or you can add rude to your little list
>>
Funny, you seem like you want to have a desire to live seeing that you would rather die. If you had no emotions you'd not think like a depressed person.
>>
>>39457599
Sorry about >>39457603
I like Slint. Have you listened to Spiderland? Kind of similar.
>>
File: 1492316402443.png (1MB, 1100x1422px)
1492316402443.png
1MB, 1100x1422px
>>39457368
hey NEETbro, I feel your pain. Only a complete retard would want to participate in modern society. I genuinely wish I was born a couple hundred years ago when the age of man was in its prime. From the moment I was born, I was doomed to live a life of rules and routine. Frankly, Id rather be dead.
>>
>>39457507
Go full nomad and start fright hopping , I did it and it changed my life.
>>
>>39457625
I'm not saying I'm totally emotionless, but certainly moreso than the average person. I made this thread for attention since I'm bored, not because I'm looking for a reason to live. The only part of my life that I can specifically point out that I care about is my intelligence. It's my one redeeming feature, and I'd rather not see it slip away
>>
You sound like me, I recently got into philosophy and general "intellectual" type books. You should try some, it could make you feel better and more motivated
>>
>>39457677
How so? In an original manner?
>>
>>39457644
Nope, but I'm not doing much more than music and 4chan right now, so I'll have a listen. Keep the thread open and I'll let you know what I think after I've had a good listen.

>>39457661
I get what you mean. You're feeling something different to what I said, but I sure as hell feel similarly sometimes.

>>39457677
What's that anon? Elaborate pls?
>>
I'm the same, although for me the problem is everything feels empty like it should have something more to it but it doesn't. Life itself feels like this to me, there should be something there that just isn't.

Everything feels hollow, like everything in the world is just things and nothing more like there's no "soul" to any of it
>>
Just so we're clear, you physically went to a professional place to have your IQ tested, by a psychologist, and the result was 135?
>>
>>39457368
Have you tried visiting other parts of 4chan? I occasionally lurk other boards and it makes me feel tingly inside how posters on those boards have it much better than robots, but a lot of them have surprisingly good stickies, and even wikis. With the exception of /pol/, which I hate with a passion. Like close neighbors having a barbecue while a bunch of pale thinfat autists stare above their self imposed fence. I wish r9k had a anxiety/autism/loneliness/lack of social skills sticky.
>>
>>39457727
I used to self study philosophy when I still cared about my education. You've given me a list though, I'll try and give at least a couple a try.

>>39457774
I feel the same, except I don't really have that same longing for something to take up that absence of space
>>
>>39457368
You're prpbably lying about your IQ.
High IQ individuals are generally more functional than this and have better things to do.
If you claim to have a high IQ but can make nothing come of it, it might as well be low.
>>
>>39457368
Try something new, doesn't matter what it is, sometimes I have the same issues, but once I do something else, my zest and zeal return.

Hell it doesn't have to be much, watch some nature documentaries or learn new facts. Your mind is stagnating and you are ruminating too much.
>>
>>39457778
Yes anon. At least, that was my result when I was 17. I'm 20 now

>>39457795
Which boards do you recommend then? I occasionaly take peeks at p, b, bant and c, but I never returned to them like I do with r9k.
>>
>>39457368
>135IQ
>NEET
You are actually far more pathetic than those duller than you. To have potential and not make good use of it is worse than never having any potential at all. Who gives a fuck how you feel about things? This world desperately needs more intelligent people in positions of power. Get off your ass and do something with your life before it's gone, you'll regret it otherwise. If you are really as smart as you believe yourself to be, then find the solution to your problems.
>>
>>39457823
My IQ is 135, measured 3 years ago, when I was 17. My teachers said I was "gifted" since I was 5. I could tell the time at 4. I was the best in my class at everything until I went to an elite HS, where I was usually in the top 30% of the class, or so.

Anyway, I agree with the rest. I'm somewhat of an exception. Being a depressed INTP might be related

>>39457856
Haha, ruminating is what I spend most of my time doing all day, it's more or less completely useless.
>>
Do you want to live forever?

Consider becoming a scientist in order to find a way to make that possible.
>>
>>39457881
What do I do though? Like, if I could at least figure out where my first step is, the rest may well be easy. But, after closing the lid of my laptop, breathing a deep breath and telling myself "Today will be different!", what can I actually 'make different'?
>>
>>39457989
I have 0 desire to live another day, let alone live forever. Actually, that thought terrifies me I hate it.

Oh, and science is my weakness. I hate that shit. I'm a failure of an INTP.
>>
>>39457507
And you say you have a 135IQ lmao
>>
>>39457368
>high IQ
> too retarded to at least make huge amounts of $$ from trading crypto
????
>>
>>39458028
what gives you the impression I don't?
>>39458046
0x100000=0
I have no money to start with
>>
>>39457927
Then reduce that, do something interesting, for one day, just say "I will try something new", maybe head to a new place to eat or go to a new location away from where you normally go. Do something new and you may get your zeal back.

As I said, just do something small, it may reinvigorate your interests or give you a new one.
>>
>>39458024
The purpose of life is existence though. Since time and death renders everything meaningless, the most pointless thing to do is to die.

Don't you want to observe how the Universe might end?
>>
Have you listened to Spiderland OP?
>>
>>39458092
>the purpose of life is existence
but existence has no purppose too? regardless of how many ways my edgy nihilistic self can find to tell you that 0 things matter, life is as pointless as death. I'm not doing things because there is a point in doing them.
Also, no, the universe can do what it wants. It does not remotely interest me

>>39458088
I go on walks a lot to get myself out of the house. I don't want to visit places with other people. What do you suggest?
>>
>>39458147
Ah, it's you. I did give it a try, but it isn't my thing. I listen to music purely for relaxation, and the sound of people that talk in the song break that relaxation. It's not really for me, sorry.
>>
>>39458201
Rightio I'm out
>>
>>39458167
>but existence has no purpose too?
You have your own purpose as long as you exist, therefore existence is purpose.

Purpose dies because we die.
>>
>>39457999
Find a passion and pursue it, dedicate your life to others in order to give yourself a false purpose (organized religions love this one), attend a university, or find a career.
If you are trying to "make a difference" like you seem to want to then I'm sorry to tell you that such a thing will never happen. Only those born into vast wealth, a position of power, and the incredibly lucky will ever be able to change things in a significant, and noticeable, way. Try to find happiness in the fact that you are essentially the modern day version of a dime a dozen peasant.
>>
>>39458235
so, self preservation is purpose? but, keeping myself alive is easy. everyone does that.

still, im not looking for purpose, nor do i have the motivation for fulfill the existing one you described.
>>
>people getting jelly of an IQ of 135
I mean mine's probably less but it's still only slightly above average. It's that uncanny valley of being smart enough to see through the bullshit but still too dumb to do anything about it.
>>
>>39458270
That's just it though. I entirely lack pasion. It has been 20 years, and not once have I found a career path, a hobby, a relationship or any other entity in which I can be passionate about. School was boring and easy. Arts are comfy but don't get me anywhere. No hobbies have ever interested me.

The only thing I do on a regular basis is refresh 4chan
>>
>>39458277
>keeping myself alive is easy. everyone does that.
No. Everyone dies. We need to conquer it.

You may not be looking for purpose, but it's an inevitable reality of your own existence. It's a despair you cannot escape. The only true purpose is nigh unattainable. Doesn't that excite you?

Not fearing death is irrational. Because as time passes after your death, there will be no trace you ever was. You'll be lost to the void.

Even Alexander The Great will be vaporized one day.
>>
>>39458291
It's two standard deviations from the norm.
>>
>>39458410
You are putting much more value on human conciousness than I do. We are both biological matter, billions of years old, made from atoms that have been in a million forms before us. Our thoughts are simply electrical currents that zap between synapses. It isn't special or valuable. Our desire to use science to extend life and outdo our primitive bodies is ironic since self preservation is, in itself, a primitve desire. Everything is an extention of primitive desire.

Why do we NEED to conquer death?
Why is death despair?
Why is being irrational bad, if there is no negative consequence?
What is so bad about the end of my conciousness, if it is simply electrical impulses in a certain pattern? They will cease, as all else is doing and will do.
>>
>>39458542
We don't have to be special or valuable. Our selfishness is enough.
>>
>>39458542
I'm not sure your nihilism goes far enough in fact. It's not enough to realize that we're nothing special. You also have to accept that there could never exist a reality where we even would be so.

Adding a god or more makes no difference. A fantasy world with magic doesn't change anything. Nothing we can dream up which could be an alternative reality will change the inevitable conclusion. Only continued existence, which is increasingly difficult with time since it's impossible to become indestructible, is.

Conquering death is just an infinitesimal step towards infinity. Nothing can prevent the finality of death and time. Hence why the only true purpose is to claw at infinity and cling to existence.
>>
>>39457368
>only 135
step aside, brainlet.
>>
>>39458604
our selfishness is a characteristic shared by every other living organism, only ours is sentient

does that satisfy you as enough?
>>
>>39457368
>i have no desire to die
>btw i wanna kill myself
k
>>
>>39458856
Nothing can ever be enough though.
>>
>>39457368
> All the positivity in my life is from found in aeshetic pictures, good music and internet iq, mental illness and personality quizzes
The IQ test lied to you.
Also
why the fuck did you make this a thread
>>
The first line of your post is completely and utterly irrelevant. Do not use it as a factor when you view your life, it's not an accomplishment.
>>
>>39458028
he's more like a 35 IQ
>>
>>39458889
Because I wanted to.

>>39458893
see >>39457881

>>39458887
what is enough? why are we trying to look for it? why aren't se satisfied without it?

>>39458877
I don't want to die, but if I had a gun, I would kill myself for the sake of it
>>
File: lol.jpg (83KB, 325x400px)
lol.jpg
83KB, 325x400px
>>39458911
anon, props to you. I haven't heard an insult like this since I was 10 and everyone in my class just heard what IQ was. Thanks for the nostalgia.
>>
>>39458965
>i don't want to die, but I totally want to kill myself
135 iq? you sure?
>>
>>39458965
>see >>39457881

You're still serving his ego. Potential means exactly nothing, especially when it's only source is something as flawed as an IQ test.
>>
>>39458991
stop being surprised that you can't understand the thought process of someone suffering from depression. Also, every mildly intelligent person that I've discussed this with (though be they only my shrink, 2 4channers and an IRL friend) understands. You're the one with the simplistic thought process. Now, stop calling people stupid online, and go be nice somewhere
>>
>>39458965
>what is enough?
Nothing is. If we proved people had a soul and that consciousness is some weird singularity, how would that change anything? How would it make us more real, or whatever the motivation for such explanations are?

Nothing is ever enough. So whatever you worthless speck of dust in the wind is will have to be good enough.

I'm not saying you should try to look for "enough". I'm saying you should accept the futility of the very concept.
>>
>>39459042
Holy shit
go back to tumblr
you actually believe in iq tests.
if you had 135 iq why the fuck are you browsing 4chan why aren't you in fucking univeristy yet
you fucking underage cuck
>>
trade crypto
get rich
buy lambo
>>
>>39459042
because i'm expected to believe the bullshit some anonymous user posts on a mongolian sex doll forum. you're clearly here for the (you)s to provide some meager validation for your worthless existence.
>>
>>39459041
>>39459063
"I consistently get sub-95 on IQ tests so I call them flawed and useless regardless of their usage by medical professionals and scientists"

nice try lads
>>
>>39459099
Literally true. i've had some nice discussion with anons in this thread, but desu this is the only real answer.
>>
File: blinkers.gif (577KB, 540x540px)
blinkers.gif
577KB, 540x540px
use some of your APPARENTLY massive IQ to force yourself to do something, dumbass
>>
>>39457856
I've been the same for quite a while too. I've tried art, video editing and streaming recently, but I haven't touched any of those after an hour or less ever again.
>>
>>39457368
OP, I'll tell you that the opposite situation isn't any better. I'm a brainlet(IQ less than 100) and currently attending college. To even achieve descent grades I have to maintain a constant state of struggle of late nights studying and getting extra help whenever physically possible. My thoughts are embarrassingly shallow and my impulsiveness causes me to act irrationally and stupid. My willpower is dying and failure is always right around the corner.
>>
Its almost Monday, my friend.
>>
>>39457368
Do a handstand
>>
File: steam.jpg (18KB, 332x338px)
steam.jpg
18KB, 332x338px
>>39460565
die brainlet
>>39460807
so?
>>39460847
no.
>>
>>39457368
>I actually share an IQ with you

Never put much stock in IQ, but whatever. I'm a NEET as well, went through the whole "gifted" rigamarole then got destroyed by anxiety. Main difference is that I do try, though. I keep fit and am working on making vidya and writing a book. I honestly think that taking up jogging is the first step to solving all sorts of problems that you would think unsolvable, but I don't know how much that helps you.
>>
>>39461267
I've tried running, but I damaged my legs by tryharding. Couldn't walk without god-awful pain for 3 days. Haven't tried since, might do jogging as a start instead.

I've always wanted to write a book, but my creativity is lacking. Argumentation and journalism is more my style. I would make vidya if I could do more with a PC than use Chrome and Paint.
>>
>>39457368
>What's the fucking point
There is none.

The catch is that you made it this way. There is an actual, objective way for you to be using your resourced in peak efficiency, AKA what you should be doing with your life. You are just unwilling to be aware of it and pursue it.

No matter what suggestion anyone will give you, you will just say "why" like a 5 year old being asked to clean his fucking room.

Maybe it's because your parents didn't love you enough, or you never faced any real struggle, but your life is shit because you want it to be.

So fucking kill yourself, that's what you wanted to hear right?
>>
>>39461538
c-calm down anon-sama
>>
>>39457368
Do hiking and mountaineering.
Reaching the peak of a mountain feels pretty good.
>>
File: how rude.png (599KB, 1024x1024px)
how rude.png
599KB, 1024x1024px
>>39461538
wow man, that was uncalled for and rude
>>
File: withinyou.jpg (53KB, 853x480px)
withinyou.jpg
53KB, 853x480px
>>39461568
I just had to tell you the truth anon-kun.

I love you, and I hope you understand.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.