[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to fix computer problem >gets worse, broken now >undo,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1411349145612.jpg (17KB, 395x395px)
1411349145612.jpg
17KB, 395x395px
>try to fix computer problem
>gets worse, broken now
>undo, keep it as it was
>>
>>39443861
what was the problem famalam?
>>
>>39443980
Just in general. Last one was anime streaming sites buffering every couple of minutes. Could fix that, if my computer(s) weren't/wasn't broken in other ways that I've been too afraid to fix.

One of the main reasons I never watch anime anymore is that the websites are trash now. Yet the other video streaming websites are okay. Only anime streaming ones give me extreme issue.

At this point if I want to watch anything I'd download it from the streaming site, ironically, so it'd play without lagging and buffering. As it is I'm short on space and nothing is worth watching that bad, not anime anyway.
>>
>>39444323
>At this point if I want to watch anything I'd download it from the streaming site
Just use torrents you absolute mongoloid.
>>
>>39444323
unless your computer is a literal potato then the issue is your internet.
>>
>>39444355
>have to rent mobile hotspot
>it's t-mobile
>they slow you down if you torrent, sometimes permanently
You don't know the pains of a poorfag. Buying vpn to confuse them isn't an option either, and no one ever says use free stuff, not that I could on rented internet for not having admin access and such.
>>
>>39444377
It's not the Internet. Only anime streaming websites are designed so shit that they're not watchable. It shouldn't take multiple 3ghz and several gigs of ram to stream videos, regardless.
>>
>>39444390
meant to delet multiple*

But anyway, any other streaming site works fine. I'd have to take drastic measures that could break my computer to make any of the anime sites work right.
>>
>>39444390
just torrent shit man, all you need is a big enough hard drive.
>>
>>39444380
>have to rent mobile hotspot
I don't even know what the fuck this is. You mean you have to get one of those mobile provider USB dongles that you put a SIM in and pay like $40 for like 16GB?

>>39444390
What site are you using?
>>
>>39443861
>>39444323

I know this feel dude. I know enough about computers to fix the occasional software problem, but this thing was built by my friends like ten years ago. I'm afraid of hardward fixes because I think I'll fuck it up.

And at this point, to get what I want I'd have to basically start from a new motherboard all the way up.
>>
>>39444406
You missed the part in the thread where I said I've t-mobile and they slow you down for that. I rent the thing for like ten a month. It's a poorfag thing. And I doubt I could use vpn in my position to confuse the service.
>>
>>39444418
oops. get a job tee bee aych
>>
>>39444414
9anime was shit and so was the ultima one. There was probably a third, but I just end up not using them. In another post I said like ten a month. And it's a device all on it's own that ten devices can connect to, but only I do.

>>39444417
I just don't want to fuck it up.
>be me
>install windows xp on laptop
>yay so eas--
>sound doesn't work
>install sound driver
>>haha got you now bitch ass compu--
>still doesn't work
>give to fren (no frenz now)
>it was the wrong sound driver
ree

When I fuck up I get too stressed to try a second time basically.
>>
>>39444435
>just get a job
Literally impossible. I sweat in 50 degree weather and no one ever gave me a chance to get out of FL. And if I've not the mental discipline to fix silly computer issues then of course I couldn't handle the stress of secondary ed, already failed at that, dropped out after hours of staring at a blank essay, whilst doing nothing but trying to write essays.
>>
>>39444452
leech off a family member?
>>
>>39444323
If it's a software problem, just reinstall the OS. It's the nuclear option, but it'll work.

If it's a hardware problem, you probably don't know what the fuck you're doing and you should get a pro to look at it.
>>
>>39444628
After aging out of foster care they were more than willing to take me in, so yes. They're actually overly clingy and don't want me to ever leave. They bitch if I'm outside at night. Very illogical they are.

Oh, and to add to the poorfaggotry, neither of them own a car between them, my parents, nor I. We live in a two bedroom apartment to boot.

And they don't have jobs and are disabled, but I'm not.
>>
>>39444656
>can't remember passwords
Why I just leave shit alone at the end of the day. My history will be gone, the passwords, and other things I'll probably not remember until it's too late.

So I just let it go and hope I get a new computer that works better of some kind.
>>
>>39444656
>implying hardware is harder than software
I missed that and figured I'd add software makes me more nervous.

>hurr can't put in new ram nor look up what beep error means HURR

Software is way more complicated and worse.
>>
>>39444697
Software is easy to fix. Just reinstall the OS. Duh. It's hassle, but it works every time.

Hardware is tricky. I'm trying to install Windows on a PC at the moment, and no matter what I try it keeps crapping out. All of the parts are fine; I've tested them. I've tried 3 different windows discs (and a bootable USB), but no matter what I can't get the fucking thing to boot into Windows. It installs fine, but won't boot.

The only thing it could be is the CPU, the MOBO, or the RAM. But I've tested all of them and they work fine in other computers.
>>
>>39444724
I wasn't going to go there, but also, when you're a poor fag you end up using like less than 50 dollar tablets, so yeah, reinstall os doesn't actually work, and reformatting would fuck up app settings that are impossible to get back due to their updates being random as to what they take away, feature wise.

And aside from that, I've only an XP laptop with a broken screen and a monitor without cords currently, not that it's vga out works. I did tear out the back of it to shine a light through it in emergencies, but when it wouldn't even let me install flash I just said fuck it. You shouldn't have to reinstall the OS for that, and it probably just isn't supported anymore, and with my lack of being in a position to torrent, I'd have to torture myself with linux, and I think i read vga out wasn't supported with debian with my laptop and fuck it all at that point I say let go.

I didn't expect serious responses. It's just better to give up rather than make it worse. I'm going to make my own computer with Soc and hopefullly the old windows will let me do that, and put my new OS, without breaking any of the devices I currently have, on that piece of shit ten dollar board. The orange pi zero seems nigger enough to use without typing out as to why. I'd be less than 50 for me to make it because I already have some hardware for it. Thirteen dollars for it, but I'd might want a usb mouse that you might get for only five dollars, it's still possibly like only twenty dollars. Anyway, I'll probably do that eventually, but never do because with aliexrpess is the cheapest but takes more than a month to arrive, so I always just blow any money I get for it not being worth the wait, and go watch live action and shitpost, instead.

But about the android for shits n giggles:
>google play won't work
>try to install without it
>firefox freezes internet
>uninstall
Can't even install new apk and don't want to reformat. Too afraid to fix anything.
>>
>>39444810
To clarify I meant hopefully windows will help me install it to a tf card, my debian linux I wanted*
>>
>>39444810
And to clarify again I'm stuck on one shitty browser. Why I said firefox freezes, it won't let me install anything new.

>chrome

I only used it because of the fact lots of websites prefer it. And android is so shit so....
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.