[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does a robot finish reading a book? Im genuinely curious

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 1499500867679.jpg (14KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1499500867679.jpg
14KB, 240x240px
How long does a robot finish reading a book? Im genuinely curious about your reading habits.
>>
>>39442607
I usually finish within 3-7 hours of active reading.
>>
I haven't read much lately but when I do I usually read a few hundred pages at a time, it kills a few hours
>>
>>39442607
Real robot only reads manga
>>
Usually takes me a week to finish a book. That's not nonstop that's with me taking breaks every 15 minutes
>>
File: 1503290550183.png (242KB, 790x837px) Image search: [Google]
1503290550183.png
242KB, 790x837px
i cant reeb
>>
>>39442634
>>39442666
Thats real interesting to know .

>>39442775
Yeah im like that too. I get distracted easily
>>
File: 688.png (22KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
688.png
22KB, 657x527px
>tfw most literature I want to read is in English
>but I also want to improve on my native language

I wish I was born in the anglosphere
>>
>>39442607
fiction - a few days
nonfiction - 1-2 weeks
>>
>brought Fellowship of the Ring with me to Paradiso in June
>told my group I'd finish it before the event was over
>sat there during the off-time reading like an autist
>made it halfway
>oh shit that was June of last year
where the fuck is time going
>>
I can finish I book within 1 hour if i put my mind to it.
>>
>>39442607
I just finished crime and punishment...

I took me like 10 hours cause I had too re- read many parts of it...
Its a master piece I believe, that part with the detective is brilliant.

There are some books that need time, this was one of them.
>>
If a book is really interestin i usually re-read at the spot, meaning it takes twice or even more time than id need. If a book is really bad i finish it in one run (dunno 300 pages in 3 hours) cause theres no depth content at all.
Sometimes when theres chapters i read them till the scenery or "arc" changes.
Never read good books unless you can guarantee at least an hour of uninterrupted reading
>>
There are too many variables like font and page size, writing complexity (e.g. novel from 1800s vs. Stephen King) and how much I'm into the book. I read Animal Farm in just a few hours, I think it was around 200 pages. Very technical non-fiction books I might only read 10-20 pages because I have to stop and think and reread so much and get bored every couple sentences.
>>
>>39442607
I'm kind of a savant reader. I can go through a huge novel, hundreds or a thousand pages, in like a day. Could read a little at two, too, and had basic reading abilities at like 3-4 after that.
>>
Takes 1-2 weeks to read a book I don't like,
Takes 1-2 days to read a book I like.
>>
>>39442607
usually read at night for half an hour finish in a week. hardly read books though maybe like 4 a year I can't be arsed 2bh

how long do you take.
>>
Haven't read a book since elementary school. Last book I completed was probably Dr. Suess tier. Still 99th percentile IQ. Books are for pseuds. Who else here smart but lazy?
>>
>>39442607
I usually read about 12 - 15 different books at once. So it can take up to a couple years to get through one of them.
>>
Honestly don't really pay attention to how many days it takes me to finish a book. I am a very slow reader though at only about 175 word per minute. I've always done great with retention and comprehension, it's just my speed that's a problem.
>>
>>39442607

A day or two for light reading. Technical stuff can take weeks or even months.
>>
File: 1472075922778.jpg (78KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
1472075922778.jpg
78KB, 496x372px
>>39442607
>read 200 pages in a few hours and put it down
>never pick up the book again
>start a different book a week or two later
>repeat
anyone else?
>>
>>39443318
on average, a week. i take breaks. am actually reading now and i tried to read 2 chapters straight like what the other anons are saying. i dunno it feels like the last chapter ive read didnt really register in my brain.
>>
>>39442607
I'm a brainlet so I only read about 30 pages an hour. I really get into those 30 pages though.
>>
Quick question before this thread dies off, do you guys highlight sentences in the book that you read?
>>
File: brain problems.png (22KB, 623x371px) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.png
22KB, 623x371px
I don't read.
bloxx
>>
>>39442607
been on the first page of the hobbit for 3 years
>>
>>39442607
If I'm ultra into it, 2 days

Originally, of course.
>>
>>39442607
Usually about 2-3 days per 1000 pages. I can finish ASOIAF books in under a week.
>>
>>39445360
Yes, sometimes I even go back to those parts. Especially if non fiction
>>
tfw gonna reply to this thread with no usefull information whatsoever
except
if you can read thats great happiness right there
>>
>>39442607
It takes less than a week if I want to read it. But I've stopped wanting to read.
>>
I almost never seem to read. Once I have started reading a book I usually read it in minimal sittings, enjoying it all the way. I've got no idea why I put off reading when 9/10 times I enjoy it.

It takes me much longer to read than it takes others. You can look online for the estimated reading time of books. I usually take 3x longer than what it says.
>>
This is a stupid question, I read about 100 pages in about 3hours. For an average sized book I read it within 2 weeks.
>>
>>39443592
I feel you. When I was younger I would read a book a day, or a very complex/long book in 2-3 days. Practically lived at the library. Now I'll get a book, read a big chunk of it, set it down and never pick it up again.

It's so hard to motivate myself to turn off the computer and focus on a novel nowadays. Why are we like this?
>>
my kobo says ~24 hours
but it's spread out over a week
>>
>>39442607
Depends on how many pages/chapters there are. I usually read a set amount daily at night under a dim lamp. I also like to read on rainy days.
>>
Getting off of 4chan for a few days usually helps me regain my concentration and focus on a book. If I don't do this my mind wanders every few sentences and it takes all of my willpower to get through a chapter.
>>
File: 1490719261875.jpg (528KB, 3072x2463px) Image search: [Google]
1490719261875.jpg
528KB, 3072x2463px
>>39442607
I may sound like some sub-90 IQ dumbass but I don't like reading at all. When I was a kid I used to read a couple of kids books from Astrid Lindgren because we studied them in my country but the only ''adult'' level books I've read are 1984, Animal Farm and The Art of War from Sun Tzu with the last one being especially unimpressive considering it's like 60 pages.
I've never understood how people that have read mainly fiction books have some smugness in them thinking they're somehow smarter because they read Harry Potter or some shit. The most I've read was a geographical encyclopedia which made me remember almost where all of the countries are located, their flags, capitals and random info about them.
>>
>>39442607
I always wonder whether people read or "read", as in do they actually read every sentence precisely or do they do the same retarded monkey shit as on the internet where they skim each sentence for meaning

people here claim to read fast, but no mention is made of this. could it be that most people lack the attention span to read with high detail and consequently also do not show any development in vocabulary any maybe fine understanding of the work in question (as in, the vocabulary you naturally use when typing)?
>>
>>39446562
>1984
How the fuck did you manage that man? I was clawing my eyes out because of how boring it was. Can't believe it is so popular.

>>39446610
When reading a book with a message I do it slowly and take notes on shit I find. Speedreading is a meme pushed by faux-intellectuals.
>>
>>39442607
I used to be a bookworm growing up, until I graduated high school.

The last novel I read was Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows back in 2007.

I would read a couple chapters a day, unless it gets interesting, then several, but I believe it took me about a week to finish it.

I don't read books anymore because I own a laptop and I mainly read articles on Wikipedia or another website, now.
>>
I can finish 500 page novel in one evening but mostly I just have many unfinished books laying around and it can take few months for me to finish one. Sometimes I find some book I have read half way through so long ago that I have to start over.
>>
>>39446667

1984 is awesome book you pleb.
>>
File: 1504272386888.png (114KB, 540x430px) Image search: [Google]
1504272386888.png
114KB, 540x430px
>>39442607
It depends on the book. For example, I finished the first book of Stephen King's the gunslinger in a day while I still haven't finished reading the necronomicon and I bought it 4 or so months ago
>>
>>39446667
Well frankly it wasn't boring for me. The last chapters about Winston getting tortured were especially interesting
>>
Ive never liked reading books. Im pretty sure being forced to do book reports and the like in school put me off of them because all of the required stories were always garbage. Also i spend several hours a day reading inane shit on this website i think i get my fill without books.
>>
>>39446877
I think the required reading bullshit makes a lot of people hate reading. They are always either too childish, boring shit that is supposedly "sophisticated", or have an extremely obvious political message behind them
>>
>>39442607
I dont read much, and if I read it's generally books that are hard to digest.
Currently reading thus spoke zarathustra, one or 2 stories at a time when I'm in the park/woods usually.
Its been about 5 weeks since I picked it up, i'm about 90% through
>>
>>39442607
I have a brainlet attention span so I can't read without extraordinary effort. It's part of the reason I'm such a loser today.
>>
>>39448465
>cant read without extraordinary effort
>reason i'm a loser
Have you considered putting in the extraordinary effort?
>>
>>39442607
About 3 months no meme, I only read on the train

I finished 2 books far
>>
>>39442607
Either 3 days or 3 weeks. It's been the latter recently, because I keep thinking of things better than the book that I can do.
>>
>>39442607
New Years resolution read 5 pages a day. Couldn't do it. 4 months later in April decided to make it 3 a day, seemed doable. Ive read 600 pages in 4 months. Otherwise it would be like 10 pages in 4 months lol. I figure keep it up and in 5 years would have put a serious dent in the books Ive been meaning to read.
>>
>>39448574
Why make it a resolution to read instead of just reading because you enjoy it?
>>
File: IMG_2204.jpg (183KB, 1600x1289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2204.jpg
183KB, 1600x1289px
>>39448574
Isn't reading supposed to be enjoyable? What's the point in doing it if you're this reluctant
>>
>>39448668
He probably enjoys reading but lacks the motivation to start. Setting goals can help motivate a lot of people.
>>
when I read, I try to average bout 100 pages per day
>>
I typically will read 100-200 pages a day, although sometimes I slow down quite a bit without even realizing it and I'll be on the same pages for an hour.
>>
>>39449160
>>39449857
wow thats a lot of pages, friends
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.