[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep a conversation going? I've never talked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1492886246760.jpg (65KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1492886246760.jpg
65KB, 604x453px
How do you keep a conversation going?

I've never talked to people for long amounts of time, whenever I try to talk to someone I never know what to say past an opening line.
>>
>>39440139
When the conversation starts dying ask questions about the person.
>>
>>39440139
s-say... anon...... uhhhh..... do-do you like uhhh...... rice?
>>
>>39440139
>>39440208
I used to try too hard to keep the conversation about them and not myself but I realized that if you talk more about yourself they will have material to work with as well. Also OP your pic is hitting home too hard for me today since it's my 20th and I can't even afford a cake this year ;_;
>>
>>39440208
What kind of questions?

I tried to have a conversation with someone in one of my uni classes and it went like
>how are enjoying classes so far?
>they're pretty easy so far man, how about you?
>same for me
>cool
>conversation ends

how would I salvage this
>>
>>39440139
Memes are the dna of the soul, bro, just keep em coming and you will keep em interested.
>half the conversations with best friend are sharing memes we found the day before or at that moment
On a more serious note, the initial idea is to get to know each other, so you ask them about their life: studies, house, family, pets, relationships,etc, and then you try to link some answers to some info or trivia that you know and expect them to find it interesting enough that they will give a mindful reaction of what you say, go back and forth with this exchange and when the conversation dies out change the subject, put some jokes/attempt at being funny once in a while and there you have it.
If anyone is willing to expand more on this I would aprecciate it, because I have yet to keep a conversation going with women.
>>
>>39440295
you could ask them about what other classes they take and ask them if they recommend those classes. actually if you're in uni isn't there a lot of stuff to talk about? like majors/professors/extracurricular activities/ plans for the future etc etc
>>
>>39440139
I'm turning 20 in a few months and I think about attached image quite a lot.
>>
>>39440139
talk about the other person,people love talking about themselves. nothing too personal at first, just their interests, what they do for work.
>>
>>39441019
This is a meme, you have to do the opposite.
Talk about yourself and talk a lot. They will listen to you and they will start talking about themselves too. If you ask many questions you sound like a creeper, if you open up you sound comfortable with them and they'll appreciate it.

>but I'm a boring person and I don't wanna talk about myself
Welcome to the club, you will end up alone like me.
>>
>>39440295
>what's your major?
>what year are you?
>make a comment about the teacher
>did you do the homework?
>what other classes are you taking?
>are you in any clubs?

any of these are viable choices
>>
>>39440295
When you reply you need to do so in a way that gives the other person something to work with. For example he asked you a question. Another thing you could do is expand your response, rather than a single word answer explain your reasoning, this gives the conversation a place to go.
>>
use the FORD model. Family, Occupation, Recreation and Dreams. basically ask about any of those. there's a video on YouTube just google ford conversation model or whatever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.