[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought my first bike. Raleigh cadent 4. I have a question. I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Bought my first bike. Raleigh cadent 4. I have a question. I feel like I'm leaning forward a lot and putting pressure in my palms. I got a large and in 5'10 or 5'11 idk which
Help.
>>
Wait are you saying that you're 5'10-5'11? How long is the top tube? And what is the actual problem?
>>
>>39437062
You HAVE to lean forward.
You can't reach the handlebars otherwise.
I've been a cycle rider since I could ride a bike... so like 25 years.
The best way to ride a bike in comfort is using 1 hand on the handlebars and having the other by your side.
You don't need to be quite so forward leaning.
I'm 5'10 and ride a bike so comfortably riding mostly with 1 hand on the handlebars and the other just doing its thang (usually gunfingers in the air because I have my headphones on listening to mad drum and bass).
>>
>>39437062
Measure the front wheel, google how to do that. Then look up bike sizes based on height, iirc it's based of the wheel size.

Maybe you need to lower the seat? Maybe it's just temporary and in a week after a blister you'll be fine.
>>
You may have gotten a size that is too small. If the top tube length is too short you will be hunching over the front instead of being in the optimal seat position. You also might just not be used to it.
>>
>>39437062
You're wrists should be straight and the tops of your hands shouldn't be parallel with the ground You should be leaning forward. Your height is kind of in that grey area between medium and large on most geometries. If that's your bike in the pic, then your grips should be rotated to be more in line with your brake levers. Your seat can also be moved forward. Also, you shouldn't be putting all your weight on your hands but rather should be engaging your core and lower back.
>>
>>39437062
That's a nice red bike, I hope you bought a good lock to keep it safe from niggers.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.