[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pass highschool without even trying >never studied shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1502319431632-r9k.png (8KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
1502319431632-r9k.png
8KB, 193x261px
>pass highschool without even trying
>never studied shit
>never did any homework yet got the best grades
>every teacher says that I'll be a great engineer someday
>enter university
>I'm a brainlet
>now i dont even know how to study and I'm failing hard my classes
>mfw

Never trust highschool teachers, boi. They're highschool teachers for some reason.
The worst part is that I thought I could get friends here because lol smarter ppl but everyone is way smarter.
>>
File: 066.jpg (43KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
066.jpg
43KB, 680x598px
>fight constantly, shoplift, steal
>once bit part of someones ear off
>graduate valedictorian with a 2300+ SAT
>go to top 5 percent uni (applications messed up due to getting expelled and stuff),leave abusive home/shit school
>tfw to intelligent
>tfw it's even easier than HS due to no stress from parents/school
>>
>>39426637
It was the opposite for me
>always quiet in class
>was a literal slave for teachers and parents
>got graduated from a shit school
>entered to one of the best universities in the continent
>waste money and procrastinate until I fail hard
>>
Anyone with brains can pass high school without trying. Everything before uni is about learning basic skills so that you can then focus on studying something proper.
>>
>>39426737
S-s-sorry anon
>>
What's a good mindset to start studying? Imagining how much I waste only makes me feel hopeless
>>
>>39426559
Academia in general is bullshit, especially in the age of Google.

You can solve any complex problem that would have decades ago taken years of precise study to master in a manner of 10 minutes if you're good enough at wording Google searches.
>>
>always finish homework in less than an hour
>studied maybe before the tests before the bell rang but usually just remembered things well
>college
>way too fucking much to memorize without actually taking the time do so
>homework could take all day
>pretty much have 0 discipline and just give up/get distracted or do a mad finish as 2 am or an hour before class
now im on my 5th year of college because im so fucking lazy
>>
>>39426875
This is also a big problem. When I'm trying to solve problems, I recur to wolfram and it gives me all the solutions, I feel stupid by trying to solve them manually while having this.
>>
>>39426875
t. brainlet
just because you can find the answer doesn't mean you can solve the problem
>>
>>39426559
hey man ur gonna make it down't worry.

Don't make the same mistake as me and make sure you priorities your studies and grades. then after that prioritise extracurriculars/internships/work experience so u can get your desired career.
>>
>>39426950
What mistake? Did you drop out?
I really don't want to get rich or any shit like that, I just want to hold a job, have my place, and lead a comfy life. I guess it'll be a better comfy life if I get my degree
>>
File: 1277102876146.jpg (151KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1277102876146.jpg
151KB, 500x376px
>primary's ok, I have to study for some things but not things related to history ever by high school because preferred games like civ III before was even in high school and knew they were inaccurate as hell before freshman year
>feel like I'll get into college and be buddies with professors and be a historian or something
>get into casual community college because slacker piece of poor shit
>compared to a casual college professor I'm a speck of nothing
>a piece of casual shit
>with no expertise
>demotivated in the one thing I felt truly smart in all through my teenage years
I could study it more seriously but it sure doesn't feel good having not made a single plan
>>
Normies are excellent at appearing more intelligent than they are, all for having studied a fuck ton. You just need to start enjoying the megacomf lifestyle that is staying home for days on end and studying.
>>
>>39427055
This is ascension.
>>
File: 1482136082010.png (133KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1482136082010.png
133KB, 313x382px
>>39426559
>went to absolute shit high school
>it got warnings from the state a few times because so many people failed
>ended up graduating at the top of my class
>teachers all told me I was way too smart to be there
>told me I was much better suited for college
>started college with full ride scholarship
>started failing math
>professor said I was missing very basic shit that I should've learned in high school
>they never taught any of the shit he mentioned at my high school
>was too far behind to ever catch up
>eventually failed out then went back for meme major that will never get me a decent job
Having your entire future decided by a shitty non standardized education system is fucking terrible
>>
>>39426559
I know that feel too well, have a shitton on genius tier people around me here and I was struggling to get a C- in core engineering classes. Idk if it gets easier by trying super hard or not.
>>
>>39426875
Those solutions are only on Google because properly educated people put them there.
>>
>>39426875
so not true for a ton of disciplines. if want to solve a real mech E. problem, you cant just google it. yes, you can google and get a lot of info, but you need background to understand that info. true in most science/engineering fields. just writing off any schooling as unnecessary is such bullshit. maybe for a few super gifted people is true but otherwise its a meme
>>
File: 1499369834727.jpg (11KB, 188x231px) Image search: [Google]
1499369834727.jpg
11KB, 188x231px
>>39427038
I've like 20 gigs of PDFs on history, but I rarely even read them. I hope I can at least use them to cite some papers when I'll be in Uni.
>>
>have autism
>never study or pay attention in class
>teacher spends the entire class explaining how to do the homework
>teach myself how to do the work by focusing on the patterns
>do this for all my classes
>get all A's and B's
>get out of school and realize I didn't learn a thing
>>
>>39426559
>Everyone is not as smart as me and it's painful
>Everyone is smarter than me and it's painful
Sounds like your pain is not outside bud.
Break the circle.
>>
>>39426875
You do realize you're crippling your ability to solve problems by doing this, right? If you ever get into a job that actually requires critical thinking, you'll completely fail.
>>
>>39427161
t. I did not learn that before brainlet

College is about getting your shit together by yourself and not relying on others to teach you
>>
>>39428270
That's decided by your IQ anyway. You can't improve it.
>>
>>39428339
Oh right I should have just dropped out of high school and taught myself everything
>>
>>39426559
It has been 5 years since a similar thing happened to me.
I was unable to study, literally unable to start doing shit for 9 months straight. I didn't touch a single book and didn't do a single work not because I didn't understand it, but because I was scared of failing. What an irony. The two subjects where it wasn't a necessity to study in home by yourself, I managed to get pretty great grades. I know a lot of the times the "smart but lazy" thing gets memed around here, but I literally don't understand how other people just stand up and start doing shit. I even procrastinate months or even years for things I enjoy like a game or a series, for fuck's sake.
So obviously I dropped out. I come from a poor family so I literally fucked my best chance for that kind of education since I lost my right for studentships.
After that I went into full depression (the real thing, diagnosed by a psychologist: went to him for the "unable to do things on my own" shit, couldn't fix it in the end) and I literally have been like that for the past 5 years. I never overcame it, I just got used to the depression after 3 years and learned how to be somewhat functional with it. It's like patching a broken machine with american tape.

The worst part is when people tells you that you're smart enough to be on college, or that you should go back. They don't understand I'm a piece of shit with zero motivations. It broke my soul when I was applying to a trade and the counselor looked at my grades and told me I should be on college.
So I studied two trades, and again passed without even trying. And after 5 years I discovered I'm still the same piece of shit committing the same exact errors... hell I made the final paper in two days while the rest of the class took 4 months to do it. Nobody believed me and it only served to give me several weeks of stress.
Now I can't find a fucking job and I don't know what to do with my life. Do I keep stalling it even?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.