[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this show so good? Intelligent people like the ones that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: FB_IMG_1504190678955.jpg (56KB, 480x566px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504190678955.jpg
56KB, 480x566px
Why is this show so good? Intelligent people like the ones that frequent this board should really appreciate Rick And Morty's scientific, nihilistic humor. How many comedy shows do you know of that gaf on physics and relativity? I, personally, find Rick's alcoholism hilarious! He's always burping and sipping away! This is funny stuff!
>>
>>39426201
This is bait and you are being sarcastic but in reality it is actually a good show.
It's not hilarious but it still funny and its very entertaining because it is clever.
>>
>>39426201
>Why is this show so good? Intelligent people like the ones that frequent this board should really appreciate Rick And Morty's scientific, nihilistic humor.
No its a few steps up from family guy and american dad...Other then that no its alright.
>>
>>39426352
Kill yourself, nigger. You have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>39426352
Wrong. There haven't been many shows in the history of television that have been as elevated and innovative as Rick And Morty. Unless you have a sense for off-the-wall, scientific, and pessimistic humor, you're not going to appreciate it
>>
>>39426201
This show is fucking boring as fuck. Idk why you edgy "God is a lie", my "existence crisis" preteens love it so much.

Same shit every episode focusing on how "damaged" Rick is.

Oh boo hoo for the scientist
>>
>>39426201
I love this show, and I dont give a fuck what any bitter faggots from 4chan say.
>>
>>39426201
To all of the Rick and Morty haters, I think you're just ridiculous. Clearly some sort of roleplayers.
>not pirating it in 2017
>>
>>39426389
You're wrong. Rick isn't damaged. He's just to smart to NOT be self-destructive. He's like a genius rockstar scientist
>>
I like Rick & Morty but the ironic shitposting always makes me laugh so fucking hard. /tv/ really got triggered it seems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL8TNlGF9E
>>
>>39426483
>Not be self destructive
>Has died and been resurrected in the same episode before.

Rick's main identifying traits are that he's extremely self centered and feels he's ruining everyone's lives cause of it (which is up for debate too)

He's not complex at all
>>
>>39426201
>Nihilism
this fucking activates my almonds rick and morty doesnt have any fucking nihilism in it. Thats not what nihilism means.

I used to like the show but then I thought about it and it just wasnt funny. Simple as.
>>
>>39426535
Wrong. He's complex, jaded, weathered, and mysterious. His true self is lost in the storm that is his chaotic life, but true fans know that at Rick's heart is a love for science and exploration...
>>
>>39426570
the fact you made sure your description of him so vague proves his point.
>>
I like the show, but I hate the fanbase and wish people would stop praising it as genius and cutting edge. It's witty at some points and can make you laugh at those parts, and at others the "jokes" are fucking annoying at best. I wish they'd drop the attempts at randomness and focus on writing more entertaining stuff. Also, as a side note I couldn't sit through a rewatch, so take that how you will.
>>
File: 110.png (87KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
110.png
87KB, 554x400px
did someone say

PIIIICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKK!!!!

PIICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOOOOUUSEEE TOOONIIIGHTTTT

EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME
>>
>>39426626
maybe everything on t.v is so fucking awful that it makes rick and morty look like something so much superior than what it actually is. I wouldnt know, i havent watched t.v. since 2010
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>39426570
>>39426483
>>39426382
Heh heh heh! Triggered much? Heh heh heh!! *burrrrrp*
>>
>>39426201
Is it really that good OP? I've been thinking of watching it for a while now. Been really busy catching up with my Chinese cartoons though.
>>
>>39426705
I recommend it man. I fucking love this show. This is the episode i always show everyone first when they start watching.

https://kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/Rick-and-Morty/Episode-010-Close-Rick-counters-of-the-Rick-Kind?id=16131
>>
File: 1502288107896.jpg (1MB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1502288107896.jpg
1MB, 3000x1875px
Refute this, faggots.
>>
>>39426880
>someone spent the time making this
>>
>>39426880
>pop culture references
Those hook you in duh and give you a sense of what's going on in a very intellectual show. Sometimes it's almost like a puzzle trying to see all the references.
>Juvenile nihilism
This is how I know this is a joke image. Art and expression has no meaning. Nothing has meaning. Rick has the philosophy of Cioran crossed with Nietzsche crossed with Camus crossed with Schopenhauer (minus the racist and misogynistic stuff of course duh!). Wubba lubba dub dub.
>Toilet humor/wacky babbling
It's to show us the absurdist nature of our reality and how we live in a hyperreality.
>Irreverent violence
Same as above
>Corporate complicity
Um, capitalism has saved so many lives and gives you the computer you're using right now. Science and money FTW!!!
>In conclusion
It's not formulaic, I don't care that a bunch of baneposters hate the show, and all the copypastas are made by people with low IQs who can't understand the amazing nature of the show that gets at the spirit of what it means to be human and the power of scientific rationalization in an absurdist irrational world through the wacky adventures of Rick and Morty. :)
>>
>>39426201
I fucking hate 2017 go kys nigger
>Emojis
>Rick n morty
>Unfunny memes
>Snapchat
>Discord cliques
>normalfags in virtually every imageboard
>phoneposter
>>
>>39427017
I almost fell for that one. You had me reading line after line like a little kid. Well done.
>>
>>39426701
Could be. I certainly think it's unfortunately better than much of the shit on TV today.
>>
>>39426880
What a faggot anyone who saved this pic is a complete failure in life
>>
>>39427323
welcome to r9k
stop bampto
>>
>>39426669
kecked and saved
>>
>>39426880
cringe
>>
>>39426201
I HATE the adult swim stoner stuttering that they do
ffs I heard you repeat that sentence the first three times, MORTY.
otherwise it's a fun show and you are a debbie downer OP
>>
File: 1503369025452.jpg (90KB, 750x379px) Image search: [Google]
1503369025452.jpg
90KB, 750x379px
>>39426370
>a cryptic reference to Turganev's Fathers and Sons
Alright, you got me, I lold
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.