[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of those "where do you want to live" threads, but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4788.jpg (16KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4788.jpg
16KB, 265x190px
One of those "where do you want to live" threads, but with a twist. Describe features of a place you want to live and other anons will recommend
Here are my requirements
>Somewhere in the United States
>Politically on the conservative side
>Good food, particularly American/barbecue
>Close proximity to a respectable research university (aiming to work in academia)
>Preferably a place that actually has seasons (but a bit on the cooler side)
>>
>>39419242
look into nashville. A few hipsters but overall conservative

my turn
>somewhere with long roving green hills, maybe eastern/northern europe
>a nice forest nearby to explore and take my children to learn about nature/how to survive in the wild
>near a small town big enough with the basic necesities but without the city ant colony vibe
>>
>>39419242
>mountains
>cold/snowy winters
>warmish to warm summers
>small enough town i don't have to dread the drive during winter
>large enough that it will have most amenities and can have most things like computer parts/games shipped if they don't exist in town
>non-religion centric unless they can mind their own
>somewhere nice (no third world areas or future warzones)
>>
>>39419443
>>39419321
Rural New England or Upstate New York.
>>
>>39419443
Hanover, New Hampshire
>>
>>39419474
Going to sound like a dick move here but upstate new york hates out of staters due to the whole leaf tourism thing and they refuse to see you as anything else and new england only has foothills not actual mountains. I've been to both in search of what I seek.
>>
>>39419509
Sounds like you could maybe look into rural Colorado or Wyoming near Jackson Hole. Park City and Alta in Utah are more places to look at
>>
>>39419242
>Anywhere on Earth where the majority of people speak English, Arabic, or Russian
>Rural area
>Live alone miles away from nearest city but still has access to running water, electricity, and some shops that are far away from house but still close enough that can go once a week for food and other supplies
>Either cold year round or very dry hot year round
>>
>>39419242
>In America
>Big City
>Highly white, or at least as non-black as possible.
>Lack of black behavior.
>>
>>39419706
Alaska just outside of Fairbanks or Anchorage not a village but a town outside of those places.
>>
>>39419727
Any Northern or Western city before 1900.
>>
>>39419443
The Alps in southern France might work for you
>>
>Cold
>English, Spanish, or French
>Low-Population, dense or spread out, doesn't matter
>Quiet parks
>>
File: 1503541207093.png (22KB, 239x197px) Image search: [Google]
1503541207093.png
22KB, 239x197px
>>39419242
>Canada or the US
>clean and safe
>smaller community
>lots of natural areas to explore
>no fucking arabs or asians
>some fast food places and good internet
>>
>>39419242
Someplace I can get drunk, pass out in the snow and die without someone giving a fuck
>>
>>39420348
Oklahoma? Norman or Stillwater maybe
>>
>>39420622
I'd prefer to stay in Ontario and bordering states like Ohio and NY. I like the weather here.
>>
>>39419706
Your preferences are quite suspect.
The collective will be seeking you out for a thorough reprimand.
>>
>>39419242
>somewhere I can live in a really tall building
>low cost of living

Sounds so comfy but im poor
>>
>>39420482
Try Wyoming.
>>
>>39419242
There are no areas near a research university, repectable or not, that are politically conservative.
>>
>somewhere in bumfuck, nowhere
>lots of good places to go hiking, camping, etc.
>a few down-to-earth qts who aren't caught in the soulless materialism everywhere
>politically apathetic, people look after themselves
>>
>>39420851
Montana ma dude
>>
>>39420863
That's.. actually a really good recommendation.

Too bad I'm in ausfailia, but if I ever get to the states I'll be sure to make it to the great plains
>>
>>39419242
>In the united states
>Good public transportation or can get by without driving (must be near restaurants or shops)
>Good internet
>Prefer slightly colder temperatures but it doesnt matter too much
>Dont have to worry about severe weather (hurricanes and shit)
>reasonably safe
>>
>cold and dreary
>great art scene
>not a huge city, but not a small town
>high quality craft alcohol that's not stuffed to the gills with hops
>english-speaking countries preferred, but german-speaking countries are also acceptable
>>
>white bitches
>Hella fatass white bitches everywhere
>White bitches near a pool or beach in bikinis
>Little to no rain
>Fuck rain
>Want to ride my motorcycle, hike, and fuck white bitches
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.