[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with awkward memories? It's like my mind

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

How do you deal with awkward memories?
It's like my mind is in a constant loop of all the cringey moments of my life
>>
bumpirino orginalino
>>
Easier said than done but you just have to look at them without judgement and accept that they're part of the unchangeable past.
>>
File: 1322501446259.jpg (86KB, 515x589px) Image search: [Google]
1322501446259.jpg
86KB, 515x589px
i forget about them through daily usage of drugs and alcohol
>>
Greentext it on r9k
>>
>>39419574
this was me for years

>>39419563
this is the endgame but like he said, easier said than done. Usually when a bad memory seeps in I just take some deep breaths and close my eyes and strain myself really hard to not let the memory get the best of me

I haven't been under the influence of anything in almost 6 months but I seriously do believe it's worth it every now and then to get fucked up just as a release from all of it
>>
>>39419186
Recognise that you've still not yet met your lowest point. Going through embarrassing experiences, like going through hard ones, is good for you. You could also say that to the vast majority of people your life is entirely meaningless, thus worrying about the past bears no pain on anyone but you, for no one gives a fuck.
>>
File: 1392680306335.gif (164KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1392680306335.gif
164KB, 320x240px
>>39419186
Here's what worked for me, I think of time I saw other people do really awkward things and most of the time I can't think of anything or its a really faint memory and that makes me realise that everyone else probably competently forgot all the stupid shit that I did or if they did remember for whatever reason it was probably dismissed instantly and no one really cared about it. I still feel really bad about it but knowing that its past me makes it better, if you think about and awkward encounter you had a with a cashier know that they completely forgot about it 30 seconds later if they even cared in the first place they probably don't even remember what you look like.
>>
Its cause you're isolated. You need to talk to people
>>
>>39419186
you need to learn to take control of your thoughts. your brain is yours, and you control what you think about. Meditation is the practice of doing just that. Removing thoughts from your mind. Practice meditation and you will get better at putting these unwanted thoughts to rest.
>>
>>39420383
>you control what you think about
free will is a spook
>>
>>39419186
just dont think about them
>>
You do know even the normiest normies have embarrassing memories they don't give a fuck about right
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.