[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few people here talk about failing a driving test. How is that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

A few people here talk about failing a driving test. How is that possible?
> didn't study
> just practiced driving in circles in a parking lot
> multiple choice was common sense
> test only involved going in a circle around the building and parking
Granted, my city isn't well-known for excellent driving.
>>
idk the multiple choice one in my city (Toronto) isnt very common sense, its a bunch of vague road rules and fines that you have to memorize
>>
>>39418718
I can understand it. I somehow passed my driving test even though I was meant to fail.
>be me, 20 years old
>never learned to drive before, not even practice drive with my parents in the car
>finally decide to get a license because it was strange not having that form of ID and because I might need to drive someday
>Go to take a written test
>They ask me if I have ever done this before
>I thought they meant taking tests in general so I said "yes"
>For some reason I didn't have to take the written test then
>Then I went with some lady in a car
>First time ever driving, everything I knew was from Initial D and racing games
>I figure out how to start the car and put on my seatbelt
>She first makes me do parking
>Fuck up on a lot of it and get cones tossed over
>She sighs and then says to go on the road and then highway
>Tell her that I don't know street directions so she needs to guide me
>She does
>I start driving
>No problems. I just follow what I think I need to do
>About to go on highway
>Someone almost runs into me because I go slowly onto the highway
>She yells at me
>Then she tells me to drive back to the DMV
>I get out of the car and want to kill myself
>She tells me that she's going to retire soon so she doesn't give a fuck and she's passing me
Seven years later I haven't driven in a car by myself but having a license for identification is very useful.
>>
>>39418718
some states are harder to pass. mine requires drivers ed course and makes you get in half a year on a permit where you are required to have a 21+ year old in the car. Then the road test at 16 actually involves driving on the roads with a examiner and the DMV in my city is in a super busy highway in the commercial area of the city. People failed a lot for stupid things because they aree picky
>>
>>39418718
>everybody knows to turn their blinker on 200ft or whatever before they turn
HAHAHA I still don't drive and it's crazy how many fucking idiots don't even use their turn signal.
>>
I failed twice on the exact same thing because I have anxiety and I got nervous and pulled out in front of a car on a turn (the exact same intersection twice), actually had an autistic breakdown because of how autistic i felt. Got it on my third attempt though.
>>
It's anxiety mainly. The robots who fail at driving are usually good at it but nerves get them.
>>
>>39419206
how would you know this for sure?
>>
>government privatizes licensing office
>they now have a quota of pass/fails
>applicants now subsidizing useless bureaucrats performing a corrupted service instead of the public just paying useless bureaucrats for it
oh good
oh good
>>
>>39419278
I hate driving and have talked to other robots who do too.

We all complain about feeling anxious at the wheel, especially in busier areas with a lot of pressure. I have never heard a robot say the physical act of driving is hard.
>>
>>39418718
Because RMV's use bullshit tactics

>sister failed her first road test
>I did the same
>went to leave lot to start test
>crosswalk
>stop on it a little, not really any room not to because tiny parking lot
>instructor freaks out
>later on
>stop sign far from end of road
>stop a little past stop sign
>instructor freaks out
>fails me on the spot
My second test was chill as fuck until the instructor threatened to fail me because I didn't want to pull right up behind a car while """"parallel parking"""" which was FUCKING LEAVING.
>>
File: 1503853273215.jpg (187KB, 1280x1280px)
1503853273215.jpg
187KB, 1280x1280px
I failed my first one. I was 20 and probably hadn't practiced enough. The biggest reason was I got docked 3 or 4 times (2 points each) for failing to signal before pulling into traffic from the side of the road. I needed an 80 to pass and I got a 78. Went back after a couple weeks and passed EZPZ. I dont even remember the second test.
>>
File: 1473336439713.jpg (63KB, 764x609px) Image search: [Google]
1473336439713.jpg
63KB, 764x609px
Anyone robots live in cali?
I turned 18 recently and my dad is going to take me to get my written test over with soon, any advice for the actual driving exam and written exam?
I only ever drove with my dad around an empty airport once for around 10 minutes going no faster than 20 mph.
I figure it will be really hard to adjust since around 5 million people live in my county and the roads are always busy.
>>
>>39418718
tried 8 times and failed because i black out from intense anxiety, feels bad man
>>
i failed the written test 3 times and i haven't taken the actual driving test. i'm 26 years old.
>>
>>39419453
>i failed the written test 3 times
you might have literal autism
>>
>>39419453
>failed 3 times
How? It's incredibly easy, most of it is common sense and the rest is memorising a few things.
>>
>>39418782
Saved um extremely original you fuckers
>>
>>39418807
You got lucky there mang
>>
>>39419453
how do you fail twice after having taken the test?
>>
>>39418807
I was concerned until I got to the last line. Good on you for not being a hazard. You know you can get an ID card though, right? Looks mostly like a driver's license but says it's for identification purposes only.
>>
>>39418718
Because you're not a Californian
>>
>>39418782
G1 is retarded, the road signs portion is all common sense; literally everyone should be able to ace it. The road rules portion starts to get non-sensical. "How many demerit points, fine, and suspension will you get if X" - kind of questions really activates my almonds.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.