[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you declared Accounting as your major yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: original.jpg (47KB, 574x602px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
47KB, 574x602px
Why haven't you declared Accounting as your major yet?
It's pretty cool beside the whole in demand market. If you can use a calculator, you can do accounting.
>>
>>39413036
Because it's fucking boring.
No amount of money is worth having to do something that painstakingly boring.
>>
>>39413036
Because I'm an organizational leadership major.
>>
>>39413036
jokes on you, I already am tax accountant
>>
>>39413036
Because I don't have a calculator
>>
Cause it's a boring job and you have to sit in a tiny room.
>>
You're gonna be one of the first to go during the Automation phase. No one wants a slow possibly dishonest erroring human over an accouting AI.
>>
^ accounting is a dead career path, automation is already happening in the accounting field. Anyone who is currently in accounting i'd highly suggest you SPECIALIZE. tax forensics ANYTHING general accounting will be mostly dead within our( or the next) life time.
>>
>>39413036
my calculator does not have a 7. can I still be a accountant?
>>
>>39413056
>Accounting is all bookeeping

Retard alert I'm making $140k annually mostly shitposting and working like 20 hours tops per week as a CPA
>>
File: 1487799928697.png (10KB, 299x309px) Image search: [Google]
1487799928697.png
10KB, 299x309px
>>39413036

Because most robots are lazy and dumb. Accounting isn't nuclear physics, but it takes some competency. Imagine a robot in one of the big four. They'd cook the books out of pressure or be fired within a week.
>>
>>39413236
this, get fucked op. you want stability, get a requiring creativity and abstract thinking. those will be the last to go.
>>
>>39413036
I should have. I took two accounting classes and really enjoyed it, but I enjoyed computers more.

Accounting is a great profession for autists, imo.
>>
Actuary>Accounting

Pays more, more interesting and it's cooler
>>
File: 1489630625954.jpg (64KB, 568x791px) Image search: [Google]
1489630625954.jpg
64KB, 568x791px
>>39413036
I'm an accounting major and every time I see these threads my faith in job security slowly dwindles away

People are going to see these threads, switch their major, do better in school, get internships, and wipe me off the map at the interviews

It hurts
>>
>>39415727
As long as you didn't go to a shitty school then you should be decently fine lad. Don't know about job prospects in the future, but the same thing can be said of any job in the future
>>
>>39413036
Honestly I fucked up. I should've done accounting instead of some mumbo jumbo chemistry bullshit. Going into my 4th year (1-2 more to go) and I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. Send help.
>>
>>39413036
I feel like I'd still be too dumb but maybe it's not so bad. Thanks man I'll check it out
>>
>>39415727
If it helps I make a good majority of the accounting threads here and on /biz/. Judging from the responses they get we should be more than fine. Accounting is fucking useful as fuck and only a minority of people realize that and study it.

>>39415878
If you can follow simple rules and can add you'll be fine. I promise you'll use this shit in life. A business with no accounting is doomed to fail almost certainly. These skills are valuable and marketable.
>>
Because I'm a finance major. But holy fuck I had to take an accounting class and it was fucking BORING.

And all the types of expenses and shit made me hit the desk. Econ is shit too, just calc over and over and over.
>>
>>39416080
I can understand why you think it's boring. Maybe I'm just accustom to it because my dad is an accountant and taught me budgeting when I was a kid. That kinda shaped me to understand the importance of organizational skills.
I'm not extroverted enough to major in finance, though it's extremely interesting. My fucking school is supposed to offer a consumer/commercial loans class and a fucking principles of banking class but I haven't seen shit. Where are you hoping to end up?
>>
File: ass tuh ass.jpg (8KB, 349x237px) Image search: [Google]
ass tuh ass.jpg
8KB, 349x237px
>>39413036
mfw economics major.
so what do i do thats different from an economics major and a business/finance major
>>
>>39413425
You say I'm the retard yet here you are thinking that the amount of money you make and how much you work has anything to do with a job being boring.
>>
Accounting major here. Too much socializing and normieness. I stand out like a pariah at social events. I only did accounting because I found the coursework to be a breeze. I can't even fake it, oh well
>>
It took me 3 tries to pass college algebra.
>>
But I'm already majoring in Microbiology, the comfiest of STEM fields!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.