[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anon the reason you're not happy is because you don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

Anon the reason you're not happy is because you don't have a hobby, but hobbies take effort and money.
Why don't you take up lucid dreaming instead?
>>
>>39405227
I cant lucid dream, ive tried multiple times and it doesn't work
I also dream in black and white so my dreams are bland, just like the rest of my life
>>
>>39405975
Are you an oldfag? The idea of dreaming only in black and white doesn't really make sense to me.
>>
>>39405227
Becuase I had uncontrolable lucid nightmares as a kid and it was absoultelly horrible
>>
>>39405227
I've been trying in the past to induce lucid dreaming or get more good at remembering dreams, but no to success, I've tried for three weeks, maybe I should do more. I've followed general guidances from the Internet that are:
>regular sleep
>writing down dreams
>waking up without alarm
For lucid:
>waking up at 2am doing excercises
>going back to sleep
>laying on the back with arms along body
>trying to keep consciousness as long conscious as possible, to "trick" into thinking body is asleep but you are not

I don't remember everything, but maybe I should try again. What are your methods OP?
>>
Used to be able to lucid dream all the time when I was a kid. I might still, but now that I'm in my 20s I don't remember my dreams anymore.
>>
>>39406298
I just sleep for about 5 hours, wake up, stay up for an hour, and then go back to sleep thinking of lucid dreaming.
Always always always remember your reality checks too. Gotta keep in that lucid mindset so that you test your reality in the dream.
>>
>>39406394
What do you recommend?
I remember counting my fingers. I heard the time checking is very popular, but I don't wear a watch, nor keep my phone on me all the time. Any others?
>>
>>39406463
Counting your fingers is the most effective, you also can pinch your nostrils and try to breathe through them. If it's a dream then you will be able to breathe through it.
Time checking is more of a novelty to me than anything imo it's fun to see words and numbers morph around.
>>
lucid dreaming is a meme thats why. daydreaming is more enjoyable
>>
>>39406479
I've been loggin in my dream journal and reality checking for weeks not but haven't done it in a dream. I'm going for a Dream Induced, what am I doing wrong OP :( I use an alarm to remind me to reality check otherwise I'll forget to do it during the day. I feel like that's not very effective because I'm becoming too reliant on the alarm to remind me instead of remembering naturally. What are some methods for beginners you recommend. I've even tried WILD many times but just end up laying there for an hour with nothing happening.

I'm thinking of trying WBTB because I go to sleep at like 2AM and wake up at 8AM, then go back to sleep again and wake up like 3 to 4 hours later. When you say think of lucid dreaming when I wake up, what exactly do you mean? Should I picture where I wanna be in my dream or maybe think of myself doing reality checks ?
>>
File: 1498345735269.png (833KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498345735269.png
833KB, 750x750px
>>39407020
First of all, dump the alarm as a reminder. It wont' work, you have to be motivated to reality check on your own with no trigger like that. Make sure your reality checks are mindful, don't just automatically reality check. Really think about the nature of your reality and consider that it might be a dream.
WILD is a very advanced technique. I can't even do it that well and I've been a lucid dreamer for 10 years by now. WILD is best done in the middle of a WBTB session. It's all but impossible at the beginning of the night.
For WBTB it's better to have a full 8 hours sleep but 6 will do in a pinch. Really you have to calculate what your personal REM cycle is. For years I thought mine was 4.5 hours in, but it's more like 5.5 as I recently learned. You gotta play around with it till you hit that sweet spot.
When I say think of lucid dreaming, I mean get a lucid dreaming book or something and write down your dreams during your wakeful time. Reality checks are key too.
>>
>>39406463
Simplest one is trying to breathe with your nose while pinching it, but it depends on the kind of dream you have. In some dreams I am just a spectator without physical form and it makes most reality checks impossible to perform.
>>
>>39407127
Thanks OP, I'll try to remember to do my reality checks naturally and keep logging in my journal. Which method should I be trying FIRST ?
>>
>>39407750
Focus on the journal to begin with, if you have no dream recall then no measure of techniques will help you.
Reality checks are next, once you get that down, then progress to WBTB.
>>
I can "sort of" Lucid dream. Like I can control myself in a dream, but I can't "control" the dream. So that means I'm like an actor in a huge scene, I can't make myself fly or anything. But I can walk around and whatnot. Anything I'm doing wrong?
>>
I like to do psychedelic drugs every month. its cheap as fuck, doesnt take any effort. Just somewhere to chill with a good vibe.
>>
>>39406911
Of course it's not a meme, it's just really rare. I've never tried to induce it though, so I don't know whether that even works.
>>
>>39407800
Dream control takes some time to develop. Start with small shit and move your way up. Dream control is based on expectation, expect something to happen and it will. Nobody ever started out instantly being able to fly around and shit lol
>>39407802
Not as rare as you might think!
>>
>>39407845
So tell me about how I can make myself lucid dream. I've quite interested in dream/subconscious related things, since many of my best experiences have been either in a dream, or while somewhere between awake and asleep.
Also how do I truly know if a dream is a lucid dream? I remember one dream I had where I was 100% sure it was a lucid dream, where I flew around my house and stuff, but I've also had other dreams where I'm somewhat aware that I'm dreaming, but can't really do much.
For the lucid dream I mentioned, it was much more detailed and realistic than most dreams I have, where I usually only remember the general details of what it was like.
>>
File: 1499304491019.jpg (624KB, 2388x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1499304491019.jpg
624KB, 2388x1656px
>>39407932
Here's a good starter guide.
Believe me you'll know when it's a lucid dream. That shit is realer than any dream you've ever had in your life and you find yourself thinking "damn I'm asleep right now". I one time did math problems on a chalkboard in a lucid dream just to prove I could remember things from waking life.
You'll just know.
>>
>>39407932
also I'm not gonna lie
the lucid dreaming subreddit
>>
>>39408009
is a good resource*
fuck
>>
When I was eleven, I had something alike to a lucid dream. I was walking around in a cartoony New York, similar to Gotham in the Batman cartoons, and out of nowhere I realized I was dreaming. The next thing I did was fucking fly, but I got so excited that, after a while, I woke up from euphoria.

Some years ago I spent a whole summer trying to lucid dream again, without success. I might try it again. What are you best tips, OP?
>>
>>39408038
refer to the beginner's guide here >>39407980

Begin with dream journaling until you can remember your dreams with some accuracy. Then move onto reality checking and questioning your reality. Start there, and you'll find your lucidity rate increased.
Whenever you feel ready you can move on to WBTB, as that is an incredibly effective technique.
>>
>>39407980
Do you know anything about inducing music in dreams? I've had several music dreams, and they're pretty much the best thing ever when the music is good.
Obviously listening to music throughout the day is important, but aside from that I'm not sure what else to do to try to make it happen.
>>
>>39408164
Never tried music in lucid dreams.
Only eating, and lemme tell you food tastes even better.
>>
>>39408202
Everything's better there. :'(

>>39408078
Thank you! How long does it usually takes?
>>
>>39408222
I can't give you a good estimate, it's different for everyone. For me, I had a lucid dream the very night I started practicing, and for some other people it takes months.
Just believe you can do it, belief is half of what you need.
>>
>>39408202
I know, I've had lots of food dreams, and the best part is that I can eat as fast as I want without getting full immediately. As a skelly, this is a feeling I can only get in dreams.
But anyway, music in dreams is God-tier, since your brain is at it's most creative while in a dream, and stuff is already generally more enjoyable, so being able to hear original music made inside my own brain specifically made for me in a dream is just so freaking amazing.
>>
>>39407845
>Dream control is based on expectation, expect something to happen and it will.
In my dream I expected there to be a person behind a door, I span around, closed my eyes. Opened the door and it was empty. Reeeeeee
>>
File: 1491868946732.jpg (61KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1491868946732.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
I once touched a girl while lucid dreaming. It felt so real man.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.