[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies love this shit but don't like Dark Souls,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Why do normies love this shit but don't like Dark Souls, a far superior medieval swords n dragons series?
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
>>39405178
Why do normies love this shit but don't like Dragons Dogma, a far superior medieval swords n dragons series?
I just dont get how hacking at the ankles of giant monsters, instead of scaling them ala Shadow of the Colossus, is even a mechanic in modern video games.
>>
>>39405178
Do you really want normies to like Dark Souls?
Just imagine how cancerous the fanbase would be.
>>
>>39405178
>video games
fuck off normalfaggot
>>
>>39405304
>implying the fanbase already isn't cancerous
>dude hardest game ever praise le sun git gud xDDD
>>
>>39405178
It requires actual effort to get into instead of passively watching.
>>
Witcher series>>>>GAYme of thrones xDdddd
>>
File: Mercedes 1.jpg (326KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes 1.jpg
326KB, 566x800px
>>39405287
I've tried a thousand times to get into Dragon's Dogma but it really doesn't want me to enjoy it. The way damage is calculated makes a bunch of monsters borderline invincible unless you spend hours grinding, and even the monster climbing everyone raves about feels pretty awkward and guts your stamina. A shame since it really had the pieces to be one of the best RPGs in years. Sexy soundtrack at least.
>>
>>39405419
That's because you suck
>>
>>39405419
You probably can't get anything done until you're level 50 dude. It took me around 300 hours to get to level 200. But by lvl 130, for the most part, excluding bosses, you're pretty much invincible yourself. I belive I completed the main campaign when I was lvl 89, with much difficulty. Yes, it is a grind, no the monster climbing isn't perfect, no for some gay was reason there isn't a quick potion option, no for the first play through there isn't a streamlined quick travel optioin. But put it this way. Dragons Dogma may have been a sleeper hit, but for me, it set the standard for how games in the genre should be. I bought dark souls when it came out. Traded it in the next day when I had to hack at that dragon with a club's ankles in the prison. Bought the newest dragon age two or three years ago, traded it in the next day when I had to hack at a bosses ankles. Tried to do Skyrim multiple time. Stopped because I had to hack at a large bosses ankles. This isn't nes, or snes. That's not how fighting larger monsters should work. Shadow of the Colossus made that loud and clear in 2005.
>>
>>39405178
Wheres this Dark Souls tv show?

No normie would follow a video game whose main selling point is being notoriously difficult.
>>
>>39405351
I hope the TV series turns out great :/
>>
File: Savan_Face_Portrait_by_p-p.jpg (29KB, 415x485px) Image search: [Google]
Savan_Face_Portrait_by_p-p.jpg
29KB, 415x485px
>>39405587
I got through the base game and it was mostly fair enough once you got past the initial hurdles like the ogre in the mines near Gran Soren. The Everfall and Bitterblack were where things started to get stupidly obnoxious, although I suppose they're aimed purely at end game builds so it makes sense.

Was it just my stats or were sorcerers and Mystic Knights sort of terrible? I spent most of my game swapping between Assassin and Warrior, so maybe my numbers were messed up?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.