[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first day of college >skipped it How am i supposed to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: elliot t.png (406KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
elliot t.png
406KB, 640x427px
>first day of college
>skipped it

How am i supposed to deal with these nerves im almost shitting myself.
>>
>>39403327
Off to a very bad start, old boy. College is not free, don't forget. Not to mention its importance in governing how the rest of your very real life turns out.
>>
File: transcoder[1].png (78KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
transcoder[1].png
78KB, 256x256px
>>39403354
My destiny is neet
>>
>>39403464
Your destiny is ruin, if that's the case. I strongly urge you to find the balls to not miss any more classes.
>>
>>39403327
those nerves are nothing, the real nerves come when you realise you finished a degree, made no friends or connections, gained to relevant experience to your jobs and have a 30000 $ debt to pay.
>>
>>39403327
>miss first day
>always be remembered by everyone as the guy who missed the first day
>too embarrassed to show up the next day
>keep missing classes until you fail

Just do what I do anon, its easy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>presentation due
>scared to do it
>don't show up that day
>know that I'll just be asked to do it tomorrow
>don't show up next day either
>scared of what class thinks of me
>stop going to that class
>can't finish program without that class
>drop out of the program

It's a slippery slope to doom OP.
>>
>>39403327
You missed syllabus day.
>>39403354
He missed syllabus day.
>>39403555
Being crammed in a full lecture hall with anxiety is much like having hot coffee poured on your genitals.
>>39403556
>always remembered as the guy who missed first day
No one is paying attention to you or OP's attendance. Even the professor won't notice unless you tell them.
>>
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you keep this up in five years you'll be a broke unemployed loser complaining about how "the world" let him slip through the cracks.

Yes it's only one day, but at some point the Titanic only had one drop of floodwater in it too.
>>
>>39403327
chill mane i always skip the first week of college kek its the least usefull days anyway
>>
>>39403327
Vodka and adderal
>>
>>39403327
By just going to next day? I also missed my first day, didnt make any difference. Just ask some random normie there what you missed and you will be good.
>>
File: sudoku_pigeon.gif (1MB, 318x180px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku_pigeon.gif
1MB, 318x180px
>>39403651
That's me but instead of school it's every friendship I've had for the last 2 years.
>>
>>39403897
>finally show up to a gathering
>"Heeeey anon you hermit! Why don't you come out anymore?"
>>
>>39403327
>>39403651
>>39403735
Holy shit how egotistical can you be? Your classmates don't give a single fuck about you. They probably don't even care that you missed some days or fucked something up.

How can you be so selfish?
>>
>>39403327
Online classes
>>
>>39403651
>Have 5 classes this semester
>4 of them have presentations required
>5th class isn't till thursday

What are the chances that every class has a presentation required for it?
>>
File: 1493861813110.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1493861813110.png
64KB, 658x901px
>sophomore
>in calc course
>have homework due today
>high school level algebra to make sure we know what we're doing
>haven't taken a math in 2 years
>don't know how to do any of it
>want to skip class

I don't wanna deal with this
>>
>>39403327
I felt the same way, but the more you go and then nothing terrible actually happens, the easier it gets.
Just take care not to get caught up in your imagination about what might happen, and afterwards try to hold on to a realistic image of what actually happened (and how little anyone cared about anything you messed up), instead of the disaster that your brain is going to make up for the first couple times.
>>
Honestly no one cares. Plus the first day is usually safe to miss. you go over the syllabus and MAYBE start a brief lecture defining what the course means. That's it. Unless this is a science lab, you're not fucked.

Also, no one cares if you're nervous during a presentation. theyre too busy browsing the internet with their phone or laptop. everyone else is struggling to pay attention becuase most presentations are boring as hell. I just started lecture in a relatively small class. There's a guy who I think is legitmately autistic, not the meme autism that robots claim they have. He wore a mass effect t shirt to class, and a star wars one the last lecture. He's chubby and looks and sounds like a younger Chris Chan. He blurts out answers in a rambly and robotic fashion everytime the professor asks a question. Does the whole class laugh in his face? Do I see people bullying him? No, because no one gives a shit. They think "oh he's a bit socially awkward" and go about their day.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.