[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else feels alienated from their masculinity by the city life,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 1504093960492[1].jpg (93KB, 481x489px) Image search: [Google]
1504093960492[1].jpg
93KB, 481x489px
Who else feels alienated from their masculinity by the city life, but is too much of a pussy to go and live alone in some dead village without internet?
>>
>always hectic in the city
>live in the village and everyday goes slowly
>>
>>39403060
me
>all my efforts go to a dream where I live out in the country
>never make the plunge because afraid I'll get hassled by the people who already live there
>>
>>39403086
I want to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE
But I am too much of a pussy to leave my job and rented apartment, and to buy a cheap dead village house.
What if I regret it and want to go back? And I can't get a job in this economy? And my rent would be higher, this apartment is a good deal! And I wouldn't be able to sell my useless dead village property, so I wasted my savings.

I can't make the jump. I don't know if I should. The fear of potential regret later is ruining me. Paralyzing me. And I can't decide if its even bad, maybe its for the best, I don't want to lose what little I have.
>>
>>39403060
>>39403162
>>39403167
>m-muh masculinity
>i'm scared to do things
Really made me think
>>
>>39403978
>OP says he feels disconnected from his masculinity by A
>Let's insult him and say he's lacking masculinity!

That's literally the point of the thread, tard.
>>
>>39403978
Yeah, made me think too. Which is why I made the thread. Fag.
>>
>>39404245
>i-it's the city that makes me such a scared, gaping pussy!!
Huh... my neurons began firing and I considered this argument

>>39404360
>too scared to do anything
>calls others a fag
>>
This notion of masculinity you have is just a fabrication, a romantic image, a spook - and it's mostly a result of male disposability.
>>
>>39403978
I'm afraid of very few things but social interaction terrifies me
>>
>>39404473
>can't even participate in one of the safest things in the world without pissing his pants
Oh boy
>>
>>39404507
>safe

>be ugly autistic sputtering spazz
>"uhhh I don't think this is the job for you" x50
>die cold and alone in the street
>safe
>>
>>39404819
Dying in a street due to having no money isn't the fault of social interaction though. It seems you're also a brainlet if you can't see this
>>
>>39404507
>safe

>be ugly autistic sputtering spazz
>neighbor sees me
>try to make contact
>"uhh Mr landlord my neighbor seriously creeps me out you should evict him"
>die cold and alone in the street
>>
>>39404890
social interaction would have been the catalyst in such a situation though. in the absence of the necessity of social interaction such a scenario has no chance of unfolding
>>
>>39404917
How old are you? You can't be evicted because your neighbours don't like you.

>>39404936
No. Being cold is what was the catalyst for your death.
>>
>>39404975
Not him, but I got my neighbor evicted because he was melting plastics or rubber or something on the balcony, I think he was making models.
Complained about it to the other, thinking they will talk to the guy, they threw him out instead, 1 month notice. Still feel guilty.
>>
>>39405016
>he was melting plastics or rubber or something
This is a literal potential health hazard though.
>>
>>39403060
To anyone who romanticizes simple life close to the nature, I recommend reading a book called "the utopia experiment" by Dylan Evans. It's depression which pushes you into thoughts like that, hoping that there is some simpler, easier anternative.
>>
>>39405234
>IT nerd with zero preparation getting bitten in the wild
I'll have a look at it, thanks. Though I do think higher of myself, in terms of "preparation".
I am from Eastern Europe, and raised in a village before moving to the town to write code.
Not to brag, but I've butchered a goat or two in my life, holding my palm on its eye to prevent it from struggling against the blade.
>>
>>39404975
sure you can. there without doubt exists people who are knowledgeable enough about the law enough so that they can easily kick you out for no reason. just like there are false rape accusations that to through, or real violent rapists, or people who cold cock random people on the street, or phone scammers, all those people exist in real life, and so do landlords who fuck over tenants for no reason and get away with it
>>
>>39405234
and depression is often attributed to overbearing societal pressure. society is not always something to revere the way so many people think it is
>>
>>39403060
The problem is i hate becoming a wagie and going innawoods involves just as much, if not more, work.

Spending all day doing enough to survive till the next would get old quick. Nevermind those times you fall into a medical emergency with noone around to help.
>>
>>39405047
This is one of the arguments I raised, yes.
>>
>>39405520
I don't mind work, if I see the results, and the results are immediately useful and beneficial to me.
Sucks to work today, so that your employer can be wealthier in a year, so that you can get promoted in three.
Its why I like video games so much. An hour of "work" is one level on top of my character, grown and expansion and development, that comes quickly enough and frequently enough, and that you can feel.
>>
>>39405555
>and that you can feel
but that's wrong

nice fives tho
>>
>>39405599
You can feel your video game avatar growing stronger, because he can tackle enemies he couldn't before.
Feel doesn't only mean pain receptors, you know.
>>
>>39405461
They only get away with it because tenants are generally ignorant as to their rights. You can't legally evict somebody for no reason.
>>
>>39405634
on paper there would be a reason, but there really is no reason. besides, he could just lie, not like no one's ever gotten away with a flat out lie. why are you defending liars
>>
>>39405555
I hope you've watched one or two of those tv shows where people experiment what its like to live in ye olde times.
Thats what killed my off-the-grid boner. Its not cool hunting and fire and adventures. Its more like the worst memories of house chores you did as a kid x1000 12 hours a day.
>>
>>39405461
>that girl in elementary who told the teacher you were making faces at her but you're just ugly and then no one believes you when you say you did nothing and you get in trouble and she never realizes she was wrong
these people never go away, they just get better at alienating you
>>
>>39405665
How old are you? You seem ignorant and generally misinformed.
>>
Honestly I love the idea of being able to live in a medieval village but still in modern times.
Its fully like living there, giving up most of the comforts of modern life but still having the advancements such as medicine

>tfw you'll never finish a hard day of work by going to the tarven with some mates for an ale before going home to your beautiful wife who just finished making you dinner
>>
>>39403167
That guy has a day job.
He just built that house for fun on weekends.
You could do the same.
And if its up for a year and nobody fucks with it start stockpiling dry food and canned food.
Then quit your job and live there for 2-3 years.
Then go back to civilization.
>>
>>39405408
Just will warn you that this book is more about his depression and what pushes people towards simpler life than describing stuff actually happening.

Also Eastern European here, and I still want a little farmhouse with goats and chickens, only now I will make sure I'm physically and mentally prepared for such lifestyle.
>>
>>39405778
>people who abuse the system don't exist
>society never fucks over people who are societally on the bottom rung of the ladder
>shitty people have never been defended successfully by greater society
>>
>>39406071
>m-muh persecution complex
Oh, I see how it is now.
>>
>>39406116
yes I guess a social phobia is synonymous with that
>nothing bad ever happens spontaneously :^)
>society is never at fault :^)
must be nice living in an ideal bubble and being so normal that you can deride people who aren't socially capable
>>
>>39406296
Law has nothing to do with your social ability, brainlet.
>>
>>39406524
>the arena of law doesn't exist so people can interact socially to defend themselves
yes it does. just admit it, you're being an asshat
>>
>>39406543
>he's so young he thinks there aren't government initiatives in place to have someone advocate on your behalf for free
Literal. Brainlet
>>
>>39406575
>what's that? society's picking on you? well here's a social service provided for you so you can be dependent on people who belong to that same society !
hmm makin me think here
>>
>>39406616
>hmm makin me think here
Am I? Because you seem to be incapable of thought. If you're too much of a retard to defend yourself and you're too much of an awkward sperg to retain an advocate on your behalf because it somehow makes you dependent (which we both know you are) then enjoy being kicked out.
>>
>>39406676
i consider myself lucky because I have a job that requires almost no speech. from the beginning all I've been doing is showing examples of how society is why some people get fucked up. from the beginning all you've done is defend society.
>people who can't make friends should be homeless
literally what you're saying
>>
>>39406746
>You need to be friends with your appointed advocate
Okay. You're retarded. I'm done trying to talk sense to you.
>>
>>39406781
>advocate is friends with everyone but you
>somehow you expect to be treated the same as them
toplel
>>
>>39403060
The only thing stopping me from doing this is money.
>>
File: 1428307453116.jpg (358KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1428307453116.jpg
358KB, 1280x1920px
>>39403060
I do /out/ things every once in a while to reconnect with myself
psychedelics taken alone, outdoors is especially life and identity affirming

I'm a mentally ill man with personality disorders and repressed gender dysphoria but when I'm out in the woods doing K, all of the pretenses of life and identity melt down and I'm allowed to simply exist without the neurotic cloaks that suffocate me
I can live life in the moment without the disconnect that has denied me enjoyment in my everyday life
>>
>>39403060
At least you'll never feel so insecure in your masculinity that you have to cosplay as an ancient nobleman with a floppy hat and throw sticks at boars to feel like a real man.
>>
Right here OP. njnonjbhbh
>>
>>39407403
Well there's no reason to assume he threw the stick. Rather he did something even less impressive, he let the dogs distract or restrain the boar, then he walked up and gave it a good stab.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.