[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been up for over 48 hours to escape my PTSD induced

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I've been up for over 48 hours to escape my PTSD induced night terrors and am about to drink another energy drink. Help. I don't know what to do. I'm losing control.
>>
>>39402480
Tell us about the PTSD and night terrors.
>>
>>39402655
They're scary as hell and I've been having them for nearly ten years on a regular basis. I just want it to stop already.
>>
>>39402480
See a doctor? Maybe they can give you a script for benzos to help cope when it gets especially bad.
>>
>>39402704
What are the side effects like? I know I should just google it but my brain is buzzed like crazy.
>>
>>39402691
What was the traumatizing event?
>>
drink some circadin my man
>>
>>39402714
I had to watch some close to me die in a horrific manner when I was 12.
>>
>>39402711
According to Wikipedia,
>The most common side-effects of benzodiazepines are related to their sedating and muscle-relaxing action. They include drowsiness, dizziness, and decreased alertness and concentration. Lack of coordination may result in falls and injuries, in particular, in the elderly. Another result is impairment of driving skills and increased likelihood of road traffic accidents. Decreased libido and erection problems are a common side effect.
I've also heard marijuana helps with PTSD, so that might be something to try if medical marijuana is legalized where you live.
>>
>>39402738
Tell us more. Details, anon, all the details.
>>
>>39402743
I've never been a huge fan of weed so I'll pass on that. But I'm not so sure about the benzos either. My job currently requires me to be pretty on me feet (I work in a packaging wearhouse) and being tired there is going to make thing significantly more difficult.

>>39402750
It's hard to talk about. All you need to know is that I had a friend I knew from child hood die with me present and it scarred me, especially because she was my only friend while I was being bullied.
>>
>>39402795
>It's hard to talk about.
That's why I want you to talk about it.
>>
>>39402795
I think benzos are pretty quick acting, so you might be able to take one at night and be up on your feet in the morning? It's gotta be worth talking to a doctor about it or other treatment options.

>>39402812
Some things you don't "work through" by talking about them, man. Sometimes all that does is cause you to relive it. I'm willing to bet OP has tried that plenty already.
>>
>>39402795
a low dose of benzos would fix you up good honestly. They're truly a miracle drug for anxiety / PTSD ridden bots. You'd actually feel like you can breath again if you were on them

The only downside is tolerance and withdrawals if you ever had to go without or wanted to quit. Benzo withdrawals are as hard a process as any street drug
>>
>>39402844
>Some things you don't "work through" by talking about them, man. Sometimes all that does is cause you to relive it.
That's why I want him to talk about it.
>>
>>39402844
I'll talk to my doc about it. I'm sure it can't be much worse than spending two days without sleep right?

>>39402850
And that's what I'm afraid of. I have already been through one struggle with addiction with anorexia and going through another seems terrible. I don't want to abuse it and I can't trust myself not to use it as a way to mask the pain.

>>39402860
I've been trying to but it's fucking hard. and I'm so erratic right now I don't think it's a great plan
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.