[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you learn your brother is going through the same shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2513.jpg (345KB, 1600x1422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2513.jpg
345KB, 1600x1422px
>tfw you learn your brother is going through the same shit as you
Anyone else know this feel? I'm talking about issues beyond depression, like personal insecurities and shit like that.
>>
>>39396540
Thankfully I don't know this feel. My little brother is a chad but we get along pretty well, and I would be pretty devastated if he turned out like me. I'm surprisedtgat he didn't honestly, I caused alot of problems in our family when he was still a little guy. I'm trying to make up for it now in the small ways that I can by spending time with him when he wants me to, but most of the time I just stay out if his way. He has his own life to lead and I have already fucked it up enough.
>>
My little brother is infinitely more successful than me but has depression.
I don't know what else he has but he saw what I went through and tried to climb out of it. Here I am still wallowing in my sorrow though.
Oh well, I really do want the best for him, he deserves it more than he could ever know.
>>
File: 1421275781216.jpg (96KB, 498x445px) Image search: [Google]
1421275781216.jpg
96KB, 498x445px
>tfw younger brother always had a great sense of humor, many friends and treated much better by our parents
>has a gf very close to my ideal
>no obvious mental problems
>successful in college, already has a job lined up in another country
He at least is willing to listen to me talk about shit occasionally but damn does it feel like my life was just a test run for his.
>>
My brother independently started watching anime. He's a normie in nearly every other way, I don't know how he lives the double life.
>>
>>39397657
>damn does it feel like my life was just a test run for his.
Fuck anon, why this feel. Why do this to me.
My parents pay for his apartment and give me almost nothing except some health insurance.
>>
File: 1416342287170.jpg (20KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1416342287170.jpg
20KB, 400x388px
>>39397790
Mine, too, friend.

I used to do better than him academically, at least, but then I realized it really didn't matter - my parents only saw it as something they could show off to others, not as a reason to value me, still held me to ridiculous standards while he got to do what he wanted, and would insist I should take no pride in it in case it hurt his feelings. Then they decided not to mention me to their friends at all and since then just go on and on about how good he is at everything. I guess this is for the best, though. You and I must have at least have impressive endurance to suffering, I suppose.
>>
OP here, I'm sad no one else knows this feel. I feel bad for my parents that they raised such pathetic children.
>>
>>39397947
I suppose, I mostly just cope with drugs and alcohol. The only thing I have over him is a good job but no college degree, while he's about to earn his college degree. Soon he'll leave me far in the dust.
It's difficult but it's life, why should it be easy or fun? It's never been before.
>>
>>39396540

I found out he was going through rough shit a while ago. I thought I was going to die when he finally broke down and told me how miserable he was trying to be chad. Every time he says something I've thought at low points it still feels like a punch to the gut.
But he's happier and more stable, and I try to be better for his sake.

>>39397657
>my life was just a test run for his.

Fuck, man. I've never been able to sum it up so neatly. I don't regret taking the worst hits for him, though.
>>
>>39397961
Aren't your parents pathetic people, or did it happen twice by fluke? Mine certainly are, they simply got lucky on the second try.
>>
>>39396540
>2 of my brothers are about as autistic as me
>half brother is turning out to be a Chad
i knew it was my father's beta genes that fucked me and my "fully" related siblings over.
>>
>>39397991
I definitely get the sense "better me than him" and wouldn't ever wish my fate on him, since I still feel like I should protect him even though he's much better off than I am. Can't help but wish him the best and hope he always succeeds where I fail. Just too bad it's never going to be me up there, too.
>>
>>39398010
My father exhibits pathetic traits but I wouldn't describe him as a pathetic person altogether. He's your typical normie who's made poor decisions in life. As for my mother, not really pathetic at all, but then again can women really be pathetic in a conventional sense?
>>
>>39398087

'Better me than him' is what kept me alive for a long time. Our parents died when we were kids, so taking care of him has been my main purpose for most of my life. There's no envy but we have enough of an unhealthy dynamic without it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.