[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm convinced life is hell >factory farms exist >

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: 1484705634155.jpg (437KB, 1286x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1484705634155.jpg
437KB, 1286x1344px
I'm convinced life is hell

>factory farms exist
>chickens live in overcrowded darkness their whole lives
>their beaks are cut off so they don't peck
>their legs break under their own weight thanks to hormones
>their offspring doomed to the same fate
>this is the destiny of their species
>the universe doesn't care about them or you

>guy gets arrested for having a machine gun
>suspected murder, but he just bought it because he thought it was cool
>when he gets out of prison cartels kidnap him and rip his toenails out
>say they'll kill him if his family doesn't pay ransom

>cluster headaches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEjA13t5SM

Is there a purpose for living through hell? Why are we here?
>>
are you implying when we die we reincarnate as chickens? wtf is the chicken story about.
>>
>>39394023
>Why are we here?
god wanted a better random number generator for his tabletop gaming
>>
>>39394023
what is that story about the kidnapping i dont understand

why would they do that to a random dude?

>>39394069
hes saying that animals are bred to be killed as an example of the fact that the universe doesn't care about suffering
>>
>>39394069
That guy has a face you'd never tire of slapping
>>
>>39394069
their lives are no different their ours. We just have bigger brains. It means the universe doesn't care about the living. And such a nightmarish thing actually exists.
>>
>>39394088
not all farms are like that tho, most of them are morally alright unless we're talking about the ones in degenerate countries
>>
>>39394088
here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p686CAvlN-s
>>
>>39394146
he didnt say they are he is just saying that suffering is rampant

>>39394147
>42 mins

bro just tl;dr the story
>>
>>39394121
why do you people expect the universe to give a shit, all life on this planet in the grand scope of time will have started and ended in just a blind of an eye. its selfish to assume our suffering means anything and deserves to be cared about.
>>
File: smoking man.jpg (26KB, 367x411px) Image search: [Google]
smoking man.jpg
26KB, 367x411px
>>39394023
>tfw i saw an ISIS webm of a ten yo child getting his throat sliced during 2 long lasting minutes.

Life is bad for everyone but some people seems to have it worst than others.
>>
>>39394383
what is that picture from? it really expresses craziness
>>
File: dicks2.jpg (66KB, 491x358px) Image search: [Google]
dicks2.jpg
66KB, 491x358px
if anyone can come up with a better argument than "hurrr edgey nihilist" that explains why suffering does not have value to beings with central nervous systems; I'm all ears

https://youtu.be/HVnvpbaXhd4
>>
>>39394510
I dunno man, i ve saved it from another thread.

But after somme researches i think i ve found it. It seems like it comes from some serie called "true detective" and it comes from the episode named "Crash" the 4th of the first season.

https://youtu.be/N1eBbD6e0Mk?t=1m
>>
>>39394958
Two words: Cognitive dissonance
We wouldn't have survived as a species without it.
>>
>>39394088
Right, because "the universe" is some cosmic entity capable of emotion, and it's opinion is something we should give a shit about.
>>
File: 14758495735748.jpg (43KB, 463x462px) Image search: [Google]
14758495735748.jpg
43KB, 463x462px
Is anyone passively paralysed by this awareness of how fucked up shit is and how it's purely down to luck you don't have it as bad

I can't really take the notion of happiness seriously or ever chase such a thing knowing that hellish torture is happening constantly throughout the world

I don't think I conveyed the feeling well enough, it's like a sort of guilt for having it so much better than others
>>
>>39395020
so what tore down the barrier? spread of knowledge? maybe now that we can compare notes, we see that life isn't as great as it seemed

https://youtu.be/_syAdv57Dk4
>>
>>39395080
It isn't even close to torn down lol. Humans (or any species out there) which care about suffering are much less likely to survive, and they're much less likely to pass on their genes, so you end up only with people who either don't give a fuck or are too dumb to realize their own cognitive dissonance.
>>
File: Screenshot_23.jpg (12KB, 211x270px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_23.jpg
12KB, 211x270px
>>39395239
the greatest form of birth control. So is it right? Should we listen to the voice and throw aside suffering awareness to keep the mess going? Why am I so special as to step outside of the stream?
>>
In a million years we're all going to have died a million years ago. Who gives a fuck about chickens?
>>
>>39394023
Life is not hell, it is a gift given to us by God. God gave us animals to suit our own human purposes.We have dominion over all animals. God allows us free will to make choices and live our lives how we see fit. In the end the righteous will ascend to heaven and the sinful will actually go to hell.
>>
>>39395489
Yes or no. It really doesn't matter - at least not evolutionarily speaking. That's the thing about the whole Darwinian system. It doesn't give a fuck about individuals (or their suffering) and 'cares' only for the propagation of genes. So if you do pass on your genes, then they (and your environment) ended up being 'good' enough to allow them to survive, whereas if you choose not to, then you would say that they were selected against.
>>
>>39395553
>egotistic thinking of ancient people ignorant of science
humans are arnimals, and we're not any different than any other species.

Life is not a gift. It's being placed on a treadmill where we have to suffer and toil away until we die.
>>
File: 1498114205882.jpg (331KB, 960x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1498114205882.jpg
331KB, 960x1145px
>>39395525
I think OP just wants us to be upfront that we are not good people and totally cool with suffering as long as we are spared

>>39395564
well, I'd be playing favorites, as I would not want to impose suffering on future humans, but I want to preserve my own existence out of fear, which ends up impacting the world greatly as I eat animals and burn carbon I love doing those things
>>
>>39395604
No life is a road and it diverges. If you choose the right path you will ascend to heaven and have eternal happiness.
>>
>>39395618
i would send all future humans to the grave so that i could be a chad
>>
>>39394023
yes the world is fucked. Go vegan and do something about it. I wont consider a person a good person if they know what there is to the meat industry, and still gives no fucks. It gets worse and worse the more you read. Both for humans and for animals
>>
>>39395633
M8 that's not how it works.

Imagine all of existence as a sphere of infinite diameter. At the very top, there is a single point. We can call that one (arbitrarily - kind of like North and South or Up and Down) infinite 'good'. There is only one of these. The same is true for the bottom, except that it's infinite 'bad'. Each infinitely thin layer of this sphere is a circle, which shows the possibilities therein. Even in the smallest circle, there are infinitely many points. But the larger the circle, the 'larger' the infinity. So the closer you are to either end of the spectrum, the more extreme things will be there, but also the fewer existences there will be (because fewer states can be /that/ good). However, right in the middle, there is an 'infinitely' large 'infinity' because the mixture of both good and bad in equal measures allows for so much more to happen. "God" is the entirety of this entire sphere at once. He/I/We is/am/are experiencing each and every portion of all of these existences simultaneously - that's what makes Him/Me/Us "God". Such is the nature of infinity.
>>
>>39395633
Says you jackass. Kids in africa in mudhuts that die when their 8 would have a different take.
>>
>>39395752
>He/I/We is/am/are
You forgot WE WUZ
>>
>>39395553
Then why do animals feel pain, love and mourn their dead?
I can't wait until this shitty, self-entitled species just offs itself. It'll be better for the entire planet by a long shot. Humans are fucking parasitic. I hate you and I hate me, but fuck you especially for justifying your selfishness with religion.
>>
Anyone have the dentist who tortured small children for fun?

Oh, and make sure to look up "Harlequin Baby" after eating
>>
>>39395834
Most poor African people are actually Christian. Religion is a crutch for the weak.
>>
File: sudoku.png (174KB, 379x497px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
174KB, 379x497px
>>39395834
not him, but what if that means they get to ascend to the kingdom sooner?

I don't believe that, but I'm trying to ask the right questions. What if there is a dual nature to humans and we don't have the impact of death correctly sized up?
>>
>>39395904
lmao

Diens Zone
>>
>>39394023
I saw that video about cluster headaches and it fucking traumatized me i dont wanna see it ever again. I've seen alot of gore and crazy shit, but this fucked me up bad.
>>
>>39395967
There is duality in everything - but in that way they are able to make up a whole greater than its parts.
>>
>>39395950
You mean this one?

https://youtu.be/_5vQL_MRCwM
>>
>>39395834
Children are accepted into heaven. Those who die early are not sinful.

>>39395943
Because they are living creatures, but they were created to be below us. They lack the most important element in that they do not have a soul. The Earth is our dominion and home. We will do with it as we see fit.
>>
>>39394023
I was shown this monstrosity by another /r9k/ anon, and he said the moment he discovered its existence was the moment he lost belief in a (benevolent) God.

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
>>
File: deth.jpg (114KB, 725x545px) Image search: [Google]
deth.jpg
114KB, 725x545px
>>39396022
I like this better than my current pessimism-based life. Where can I sign up? Can you guys like knock me out and I wake up believing all this shit?
>>
>>39395943
>I can't wait until this shitty, self-entitled species just offs itself. It'll be better for the entire planet by a long shot. Humans are fucking parasitic.
It would take a lot for this entire species to go extinct.

>>39396022
Are you able to scientifically quantify what a soul is? No you can't, because all of your beliefs are based on a book of fiction.

>>39396069
Good plan. The only way anyone can believe that shit is if they have brain damage.
>>
>>39396095
Those who deny God will find themselves in Hell. I hope you someday make the right choice before it is too late.
>>
Nice vegan undercover thread, OP.
>>
>>39396194
Why do you fear the book? I do not deny the existence of a god. It is both equally possible that god does exist or does not exist. The book is a creation of man.
>>
>>39396305
Not OP, but you it is ENTIRELY possible to raise (and even slaughter) animals humanely, but that often gets in the way of profit, so megacorps dgaf.
>>
>>39396022
do dogs have souls?
>>
File: dogger.jpg (32KB, 535x262px) Image search: [Google]
dogger.jpg
32KB, 535x262px
>>39396383
maybe doggos, but definitely not doggers
>>
>>39395553
>there are people in this world so self-centered and dull that they can't face reality and instead choose to believe that when they die it will be rainbows and sunshine and that some invisible force is looking out for them

I know this probably sounds terribly edgy but people who try and downplay suffering with religion piss me off. There is no excuse for the hell that most people/animals/anything on this planet experiences at any given moment. Any loving God would not allow this. Any hateful God that would permit it is not worth worshipping. Any God that sees these things happening and tries to make some horrific lesson out of it is even worse. There is no justification for the starvation, torture, rape, mutilation, prolonged suffering, natural disasters, poverty and everything else on this fucking planet that has no fucking explanation other than the absence of a higher power.
>>
>>39396337
Please nobody reply to this and further derail the thread
>>
File: got heart.jpg (9KB, 146x147px) Image search: [Google]
got heart.jpg
9KB, 146x147px
>>39396337
I can still push the idea of animal suffering far enough away to eat meat. I know this makes me a piece, so I never attempt to take the high ground. I'm wasting so much just by getting up everyday. I suck, and I understand this
>>
>>39396903
It's not derailed, we're just multi-track drifting

>>39396983
That's because for millions of years, if you felt bad for the poor little animals, you'd either starve to death or get eaten yourself. It doesn't make you bad. Life and death are an eternal cycle. Without one, the other couldn't exist. It only makes you shitty if you revel in their suffering. Most animals are so bound by their instincts that they eat animals while they're still alive. Humans are (or at least appear to be) the only ones who have even considered being humane to the animals they kill for food.
>>
>>39395553
here comes the LARPERS
>>
I've slaughtered countless animals to feed off. Life must be taken to be sustained.
>>
>>39395053
I understand what you mean. For me it's a guilt of having it better than others while still being incredibly unhappy.
>>
File: my taxes pay your salary.jpg (18KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
my taxes pay your salary.jpg
18KB, 292x300px
>>39397038
same reason suicide isn't the end all answer to antinatalism. I haven't killed myself because It's the poorest survival strategy, and all my brain does is survival strategy. If my brain had never been grown back in the 80's and tossed out into the world, that would be better than it being conceived, then ultimately having it override that strategy and decide to terminate itself and the whole body. Why create need?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.