[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hes non religous top fucking kek. Do you atheist/agnostic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: happy-christians.jpg (47KB, 550x346px) Image search: [Google]
happy-christians.jpg
47KB, 550x346px
>hes non religous
top fucking kek.
Do you atheist/agnostic fags enjoy not having any purpose in life?
hard mode: dont respond with an edgy post
>>
>>39391803
the only purpose in life I imagine an atheist could have is accumulating wealth, gaining power, or creating or continuing a legacy. Otherwise they'd just be a drifter.
>>
>>39391803
>purpose in life
i mean, if you enjoy deluding yourself that's fine but don't go pretending it's anything more than that
>>
>>39391803
What's a religious person purpose in life?
>>
>>39391803
>non religious
>not having any purpose in life?
What does one have to do with the other
>>
I miss being a Christian, it would be nice to believe there's some grand and inconceivable plan and God's got everything wrapped up, but I just can't. I'm open to spiritual matters but I don't know how any religious tradition can really establish itself as authentic/truly divine, and I also feel like science explains so much that any God would be either too abstract and withdrawn from human matters to even care
>>
>>39391803
If believing in something that doesn't exist gives you purpose go ahead. *tips fedora*
>>
>>39391803
>Do you atheist/agnostic fags enjoy not having any purpose in life?
No it feels like shit. It results in nihilism which fuels my depression but I just can't delude myself into thinking there's some omnipotent faggot with a plan.
>>
The problem with religion is that even when you do accept it, everything is still meaningless. It's just now there's this extra layer of bullshit between you and the meaninglessness.
>>
Just never really felt connected to anything. I just do good by me. It would be comforting to believe something is waiting for me but I just can't.
>>
>>39391803

My purpose in life is to find euphoria through enlightenment by my own intelligence and professional quote-making.
>>
>>39393259
Like, purpose in life doesn't come automatically. You need to choose your dreams, like in the sims
>>
>>39391803
>purpose in life
implying so many implications here
>>
>>39391803
Ew..

wtf is she doing?

>wanting Protestant trash
>not getting a qt pious Christian gf to go to Mass with you and not do stupid shit at Church like dance or clap.

L M A O

and you guys thing you're going to make it someday o|:^)
>>
>>39393312
Hey, we Lutherans are goddamn pious
>>
>>39391803
either all religions are wrong or all minus one are. With that being the only thing I can be sure about when entering a religion, given the purposely airy nature of "faith", I'd much rather not arbitrarily hand myself over to a strict moral code and the possibility of eternal punishment if I made the wrong choice.
>>
Mormonism is a modern day example of how a religion is born. Some fucker wrote some stupid shit from nothing and now millions of people around the world believe that those books are actually from an ancient source and he was told by the angels where to find that source.
>>
>>39393266
When you are a believer, you have answers to all your questions. You can tell good from evil. You have morals/ethics. You have a foundation where you can rest.
>>
>implying you need religion to feel like your life is meaningful

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fedora tipper, and if religion makes somebody else happy, I have no room to judge.

But it's just willful ignorance to think all atheists are miserable and feel meaningless just because they don't believe in God.
>>
File: 1432417653884.jpg (39KB, 700x574px) Image search: [Google]
1432417653884.jpg
39KB, 700x574px
>>39391803
Your purpose in life is to be a slave, there's nothing more retarded than that.
>>
Having no purpose is better than having a false purpose.
>>
>>39393110
if god isnt real then this is all just a big coincidence
a running system
im matter but i dont matter
>>
>>39393549
and...?
>I don't matter
this is all relative, people have feelings and dreams. You need to earn it
>>
>>39391803
What kind of faggot would bend the knee even to a god?
>>
>>39391803
I understand the normal societal concepts but I just can't be assed to have faith. More or less Apatheism.
>>
File: 1502607361389.jpg (181KB, 1024x691px) Image search: [Google]
1502607361389.jpg
181KB, 1024x691px
I don't need to join a cult of nutjobs to find my purpose in life
>>
>>39391803
Yeah contribute to the world and help make it a better place than when you were born, do you really need a fucking book to tell you that?
>>
File: 1500398761065.jpg (37KB, 403x497px) Image search: [Google]
1500398761065.jpg
37KB, 403x497px
Enjoying my autistic hobbies and working towards continuing my bloodline, dunno if I follow any religion but I'm open to the idea of certain stuff desu
>>
>>39393600
talking about christians embracing the illusion eh......
>>
>>39393997
I don't get it, life doesn't have an objective, you choose it. Like The Sims
>>
>>39393413
>You have morals/ethics

You sound like someone who only regurgitates others' opinions and can't do any critical thinking. I don't need religion to know what's right / wrong.
>>
File: 1500682089076.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1500682089076.png
7KB, 420x420px
>Not putting your faith and trust in the human spirit
>Not enjoying life for the simple pleasure that it is
>Not worshipping at the altar that your own two hands have built
>Not simply existing, striving towards a better tomorrow, simply for the good of tomorrow

Why do people think that lack of religion = lack of purpose? I feel like it's anything but.
>>
>Mount and Blade players, do you enjoy playing a game with no overarching goal?
That's what you sound like.
Personally, I'm fine with it. I get to make my own goals.
>>
I derive meaning and purpose from what i can observe and not pure faith.
I dont need a god to force me to be righteous or to be righteous in the name on as humanity and his plight is enough for me without delving into theoretical aspect and fantasy.
>>
>>39391803
It can suck if you're legit depressed. Other than that it's not a big deal, there's still subjective meaning
>>
I really wish I could be religious. Doesn't work for me though.
>>
>needing God to have a purpose in life
lmao'ing at your life literally
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.