[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a realistic goal to become a flight attendant on an airplane?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Plane crew.jpg (53KB, 800x380px) Image search: [Google]
Plane crew.jpg
53KB, 800x380px
Is it a realistic goal to become a flight attendant on an airplane?

I'm 6'1 and relatively strong, my facial features are pretty good and same with my body (failed normie)
I've heard you should be kind of a loner because you will hardly have time to have a social life outside of work, and you will be flying with different colleagues almost every flight.
So all in all sound like the perfect job for a robot
>>
>>39388337
>ex-flight attendant here

Imo it's terrible, I like my retail job better.
>>
>>39388337
>I've heard you should be kind of a loner
Except that your job involves constantly dealing with passengers.
>>
>>39388388
Why was it terrible? Here's your complimentary (You), thank you for the tease, have a nice trip, okbuhbai
>>
>>39388424
No anon. Loner in that you shouldn't feel the need for stable relationships with the same people, since you'll be dealing with passengers and flying pretty often.
>>
>>39388337
You get irradiated quite a bit, increases your risk of cancer, if that matters you
>>
>>39388495
OP doesn't have much to worry about there.
>>
>>39388464
I realized what you meant after I posted, sorry. If you can deal with people, you can try it. It sounds like an alright job, especially if you can make it on international flights.
I'm personally considering becoming a commercial pilot but I'm not sure if I can make it
>>
Be girl and willing to fuck the crew
>>
>>39388437
>A lot of passengers always complain about every little thing
>the company enforces perfect manners
>shitty uniforms
>long hours

One of my coworkers at the time was fired because one customer complained that he wasn't being "cheerful" enough.
>>
>>39388558
>I'm not sure
Why not?
>>39388580
That sounds like a lot of retail jobs though.
>>
>>39388601
Flight schools are quite expensive. If I don't get lucky, I might be looking at almost 10 years until I can get my CPL. I don't have the money nor motivation for that.
>>
>>39388601
My retail job is far less stricter than being a flight attendant.
>>
>>39388656
cliche but have you consider some form of military for the training or at least money to do the training? i wouldn't but it can be an option, sometimes.
>>
>>39388706
>My retail job is far less stricter
Does it have better benefits and pay?
>>
>>39388713
Air Force is a nice way to rack up hours, so maybe. Not too excited for military, but getting paid training is certainly helpful. Working up to other licenses from there might be a pain in the ass, though.
>>
>>39388729
Obviously not, but I %45 of my pay goes towards outside food and gas. I live at least 1 hour and 30 min away.
>>
I looked into it because I worked with a woman who did it for 15 years. First off if you're a guy which I assume you are at 6'1, its a "faggot job" and the pilots (alphas) will shit on you. Second the pay is beyond shit, hell even actual pilot pay is shit.

To become one, they fly you out to las vegas and you live in an apartment with like 30 other flight attendants and training and you have to life off $5 a day for a few months.
>>
>>39388853
How much % was gas and food when you were an attendant?
>>
It's a terrible job and will teach you to hate people. You get little free time and you have to deal with autistic passengers constantly. Advantages are that it gives you lots of valuable experiences for life and will look good on your resume when you quit after a few years. It's absolutely not a good job for a robot who would break down after constantly being yelled at by drunk or generally rude passengers, supervisors of his airline and his crew coworkers.
t. check-in and gate agent
>>
i cant wait to become an airline pilot only to hate every crew member with their fake smiles
>>
>>39390114
Why would you want to become an airline pilot at this time?
It's a dead profession, only a matter of time before the planes fly themselves fully. Maybe not next year or the year after that, but down the line before you get to retire
>>
>>39390507
pays relatively good here, and can jump straight into an airline with only 200 hours
and if automation comes soon i can just fly small planes that go into inhospitable zones
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.