[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else seriously nervous about eating out or having drinks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: fancy-meal.jpg (39KB, 639x422px) Image search: [Google]
fancy-meal.jpg
39KB, 639x422px
Is anyone else seriously nervous about eating out or having drinks at a bar?

I don't know how it works when I go to a place for the first time. I don't know if I'm supposed to order at the counter or if the waiter will come to me. I don't know how to order food in a restaurant. I don't know how you're supposed to pay.
>>
>>39385836
I feel the exact same way you do.
>>
>>39385836
If it's a sit down restaurant they will have a person walk you to a table after you tell them how many. (Don't go to a sitdown restaurant alone.)
>>
>>39385963

Why not go to one alone? How are you able to tell from outside?
My biggest fear with restaurants is regarding whether or not you can just sit down or if you're supposed to wait at the entrance for someone to give you a seat.
>>
>>39385963
Not if it's a place like chipolte that you line up at the counter and tell them what you want. There's quite a few places like this that I go to on a regular basis and they're not all chains as far as I know.

>>39385836
Just looking around and see what everyone else is doing (don't fuckin stare but it should be pretty apparent quickly what's going on). If you see waiters and shit taking people's order at the table, it's pretty god damn likely you're meant ot sit down - but unless you see a sign when you walk in near the receptionist station or something similiar that says like "Seat yourself" it's best to stand near the receptionist station, if you're meant to sit yourself someone will likely see you eventually and be like "just grab a seat wherever" (or something similar).

Some practice wouldn't fuckin hurt - no one is going to be judging you, and if they are they're probably fucked up themselves.
>>
>>39386414

Sometimes you're the only person in there. What then?

One time I was walking down the street past a restaurant that had huge windows and you could see right in. It was empty around 20:00. I don't know if that's normal. Were they closed? Can you just walk in without a reservation?

The only way to practice would be going there with other people, but all of the people I know would have the same problems.
Embarrassment in such situations where you can look like a hillbilly is a big fear of mine. I am also afraid of public transportation because I don't want to embarrass myself by not knowing how to use it.
>>
>>39386537
>>39386537
If you haven't been to a restaurant before, but you're looking for a place to eat, it's best to avoid any restaurants that are empty, that's just my advice. If it was any good there should be some people in there. If it's closed the doors should be locked - if they're not and you walk in (this has happen to me before) someone will be like "oh sorry we're closed", it's not a big deal even if it's sort of awkward (look for hours posted outside near the entrance).

I don't go to super fancy restaurants, I've been to decent ones before, but I don't think I've ever actually been to one that required reservations. If it's like the above scenario were you happen to be out and about, I think it's safe to assume they do not require them unless you see it posted outside. If they do, they'll let you know, don't worry. If you're trying to pick out a place to eat before hand and you're not sure, you're likely looking online, if there's no info on whatever site you're looking at then give them a call and ask.

I live in the US - unless you live in a culture that's way different than here I would imagine this would be more or less the same as where you are.
>>
>>39386668

Thanks for the info.
I don't know man, this shouldn't be such an obstacle. I just want to avoid attention and be normal.
>>
>>39386752
Just pretend like you belong there. If you're solo try and keep playing with your phone to a minimum - it's a bad look in general. The bar is a good option if they have one and you're solo, just more ways to blend in (usually staring at the tv like an idiot).
>>
>>39385836
I know that feel but I can eat at places I've eaten at before.
>>
>>39386411
You just walk into the restaurant and look awkward around you while everybody who's eating there stares at you. Then after 4 minutes or so the waitress comes up to you and asks if she might help you. You say you would like a table for one. And she directs you to the table. Thats all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.