[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we causing humanity harm by being who we are and not contributing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 1504004940977[1].jpg (95KB, 635x599px) Image search: [Google]
1504004940977[1].jpg
95KB, 635x599px
Are we causing humanity harm by being who we are and not contributing to the hive?
>>
I would like to see scientific data backing this bullshit up.
>>
>>39381139
Who gives a shit? Most of these people wouldn't give you or I the time of day.
>>
>men are to blame
>written by a roastie

Shocking.
>>
Yes we are. And I love it
>tfw unironically refuse to have kids before 50
Anyway, it's not an uncommon thing desu. Hell, I don't believe any guy should have kids before 40 so he has 20yrs to get his shit sorted
>>
>>39381217
As recent as 50-60 years ago you needed to have kids out quickly, so that they can support you when you are too old to work.
If you have kids at 50, you will retire just in time to pay for their education, and your family will go bankrupt.
The idea is that dad retires when son has a good stable job, this the family economy is solid.
>>
Don't they usually put the effect (women having kids later in life) down to more women having careers? Funny how the official narrative is that it's either women doing something positive (you go girl!) or men doing something negative (typical problematic men).
>>
Well they did tell us to just be ourself
>>
File: 1504005576024[1].jpg (202KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504005576024[1].jpg
202KB, 1200x800px
>>39381265
Not like that! Be yourself by working hard and paying taxes!
>>
Why would I care about the hive when the hive doesn't care about me?
>>
>>39381541
If you have running water, electricity, sewer access and internet connection, the hive does take care of you.
>>
>>39381263
>down to more women having careers?
Yeah that was the official narrative up until a few years ago.
>>
>>39381549
the fuck? all of those services you pay for, no one takes care of me if i can't pay so they can make their profit out of me
>>
>>39381594
>all of those services you pay for

Right, but they are only available for hive members.
>>
>>39381549
>he might actually believe this
MAYBE if the hive paid for those things OR MAYBE If I NEEDED those things I'd agree.

I could easily boil river water every day if it wasn't illegal to build fires. Fuck off cunt
>>
>>39381549
And if I had no money, society would gladly deny me access to those things and let me die in the streets like a dog. Society doesn't care about me as a person, so it shouldn't expect more than the bare minimum in return.
>>
if you think about it, the only reason you need electricity is for refrigeration.

if you manage to live without refrigeration, which it's completely viable, you don't need electricity at all.
but masses and masses of people need electricity.
small communes and homesteads don't.

modern civilization has created a reliance on these things, it isn't the other way around.
>>
>>39381606
they are available for anyone who wants to pay for them you brainlet, it doesn't make you a member of anything
>>
>>39381657
Heating, fool. People live today in places where they couldn't without electricity.
And refrigeration is plenty when WINTER exists.
>>
>>39381244

Yeah but that was 50-60 years ago, when there wasn't much else to do but work and raise a family and more people did it out of lack of other options than anything.

Can't be a internet dwelling vidya playing manchild when there wasn't any vidya to be found, and you're options for passing the day was basically work, excercise get drunk or maybe watch a movie at the theatre's.
>>
>>39381687
you mean A/C, right? heating can just be conquered with fire and insulation, an oven, a furnace, shit, a kiln.

dude i spend all my freetime watching survival shit and reading survival books, come on, give some benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>39381709

Also it's hard to be too old to work when 80 percent of jobs are cubicle office work you can still do until the day you die.
>>
>>39381712
>dude just weave a basket, put mud on it, and live inside
And then a guy who can't weave a basket, but can tie a rock to a stick, comes and demands you share your food and warmth with him and his friends.
Police and fire department ware only available to hive members, you know.
>>
>>39381722
>being employed with cancer and alzheimers

Where do you live to have worker unions that strong?
>>
>>39381722
people have a stereotype image of old people in their head. they imagine being decrepit and helpess when they get old.
those people got like that because they didn't take care of themselves or they were born back before medicine had an answer.
>>
>>39381734
that's a different story for a different thread. communes aren't defenseless, you wouldn't have to be defenseless, i could shoot him in the face with a flintlock.
no electricity means you're not allowed to use zero technology, lulz.
>>
>>39381748
I'm nearing 30 and I am already old and decrepit, because "its genetics!!" isn't only a meme.
>>
>>39381772
Communism doesn't mean lack of electricity either.
The topic is about subscribing to society, signing the contract and thus doing your duty, not about systems of government.
Your community would also have a social contract, a list of things you are entitled to as a member, as long as you complete this other list of duties.
>>
>>39381748
The problem with the stereotype is that it has hard truth to it. The most mundane thing like falling down could have a chance (scaling with age) to end your independence. Its almost too easy and thats not counting onset dementia or Alzheimers that has a higher probability of occurring the older they get.
>>
>boomers are this butt hurt that manchildren won't pay their pension
>"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MY PENSION GET TO WORK"
Top KEK boomers, it's not hard to see through your jewish tricks
>>
>>39381886
Fun fact: "falling" is a legitimate term to use when talking about the elderly as a doctor. The risk gets so high that doctors treat it like a dormant tumor or cancer.

And since we've defeated most of the worst illnesses, if you are:
>white
>male
>dont drink
>dont drive
>dont whore
>dont smoke
>not obese
... You are pretty much guaranteed to either die of cancer, or get brain degenerative disorder that makes you dependent on others.
Basically the only way to NOT get cancer or brain degeneration is to die before it happens. If you keep living, you will eventually get it, and it will kill you.
>>
File: 1494848659550[2].png (29KB, 581x412px) Image search: [Google]
1494848659550[2].png
29KB, 581x412px
>>39381944
>government just takes loans to pay their pensions
>you are stuck with the crisis in 20 years

The eternal boomer always wins.
>>
>>39381744
>>39381886

I have not met anyone that feeble under the age of 80, at which point even if you had kids in your 50s they're adults by then.

The idea that you turn into a shriveled up husk that can't lift 10 pounds and is completely got with dementia at age 60 is definitely false.
>>
>>39381886
>falling
i haven't fallen down in like 12 years since i was riding a bike and holding a 1ltr of Dr. Pepper in one hand. i went to switch hands and criss crossed the bars like a retard and fell.

but who knows i guess.
>>
>>39381953

My dad's 65 and falls down all the fucking time. He's back on his feet in like 10 minutes or less with no damage.
>>
>>39381982
All my grandparents died prolonged, disgusting and pathetic deaths from a combination of brain degeneration, heart attacks, strokes and cancers.
They were all between 65 and 80 when their deaths occurred.
In all cases it took so long and they were so dehumanized by the process, that I only felt guilt and relief when they passed.
>>
>>39381139
>Are we causing humanity harm by being who we are
But robots are not truly who they are, they simply can't adapt to the average person these days. And because of that they should not contribute to the hive, normies get to enjoy the best things in life while robots/outcasts don't.
>>
>>39382017
we're not saying you can prevent death and cancer and random falls by taking care of yourself, but you definitely can still work into your 70s if nothing happens and you happen to be healthy.
>>
>>39381139
the irony is it's actually womens spoiled childish behaviour that causes this to happen not mens
>>
>>39382017

My grandparents died of either heart attacks or cancer but were mentally sharp and perfectly sound of mind until maybe a week or so before they died at best (my one grandma was even completely coherent AS she was dying, insisting she was gonna be fine, though whether that was a lie or not for my benefit I don't know)

I was listening to Video games live on my car CD while driving her somewhere and she even remembed the Mario and Zelda songs and what part of the games they were from from her memories of watching me play 20 something years prior.

So yeah. No mental degeneration that I've ever seen.
>>
>>39381953
As strange as it is thats true.
>>39381982
Ite not common but ive cared for an obese woman at 40s (being vague just in case) riddled ragged with dementia. Outlier i know but it could happen to literally anyone as unlucky as her.

Now the whole 9 yards condition nah.

>>39381990
As people age their balance and posture go to shit, especially tall individuals get screwed badly, their balance starts to go and they regress to the "reaching support" phase which has varying levels of instability. That and your skins strength and integrity going to shit and it compounds.

Not all elder suffer it but its common.
>>
>>39382095

If you've got dementia in your 40s it's not because of old age but because you've got some degenerate disease.

Sometimes Brain's give out after so many years but not at 40.
>>
>>39382122
Or you walk to the office every day to be healthy, and breathe in delicious engine fumes.
>>
>>39381619
This, I want to move to Alaska and be the ultimate hermit neet.
>>
>>39381139
Fuck the hive
They didn't want me in it, so they can fuck off now
>>
>>39381657
You can easily create you own refrigeration by digging a deep pit, lining it with something waterproof like a plastic tarp, then putting a waterproof container with a tight lid in it. Put all your goods in the container, then fill the pit with water, then cover it all up with several layers of insulation.
>>
It wouldn't be a problem if woman would be okay with stay at home husbands.
However even career woman demand someone on their level or higher and these men can easily get younger woman.
>>
>>39382213
>easily
>a full days work using materials you can't create alone
>every time you open it you have to fix the top
>will not achieve anywhere near fridge temperatures
>easily
>>
>>39382213
yeah i know, fishing vessels basically do the same thing.
but there's bush living, homestead, then there's living in an apartment with no electricity.
you can only do so much on land you don't technically own on private property that you're only renting.

if you're homesteading you don't need any utilities obviously, cept for maybe gas, but even gas comes in the form of alcohol, which you can self produce.
>>
>>39381657
You are using a computer right now, you hopeless dumbass.
>>
>>39382280
WOW!!!!!!! are you descended from Sherlock Holmes?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
no shit, i said NEED and was talking about hypotheticals anyway.
please leave, this is not a thread for brainlets.
>>
Almost everyone in the last and current generation are to blame for this generation for being a failure.
>>
>>39381139
Why would I ever care for humanity as a whole?
What has humanity done for me?

Exclude me, ridicule me and so much more, fuck humanity!
>>
>>39382305
You NEED a computer to shitpost on the internet.
Take the L and fuck off.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.