[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been roughly a month since I stopped drinking diet

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: goku.jpg (21KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
goku.jpg
21KB, 240x300px
It's been roughly a month since I stopped drinking diet soda.

I swapped entirely to water.

I dont feel any better, nothing feels different. There was a brief period right at the start where I went through the physical withdrawl syndromes of Caffeine, where I was extremely tired for a few days, but besides that nothing.

Since I dont see any benefit I'm just going to go back to drinking it because I enjoy it significantly more than water.
>>
>>39380762
>drink 1+ cans of non-diet soda a day
>tfw going to try and stop tomorrow before I get diabeetus
Any tips to quitting the carbonated caffeine and sugar jew?
>>
>drinking diet soda ever
fucking why? drink regular soda
>>
>>39380833
I stopped drinking regular soda because it was fucking up my teeth and I drink so much soda that it was making me fat.

After I quit drinking regular soda in highschool I lost 20 lbs without doing anything.

>>39380809
Once you get used to diet soda its essentially the same kick you get out of normal soda. Your urge to drink soda is mostly from the caffeine addiction.

I fully recommend diet because you dont need to worry about weight gain.
>>
>>39380762
Why would you intentionally addict yourself to caffeine again? You're now saving extra money every month and are healthier whether you feel it or not.
>>
>>39380861
>because you dont need to worry about weight gain.
but I'm not fat and diet tastes like piss.
>>
>>39380809
learn to enjoy coffee or tea

with fall / winter coming up it's the perfect time to get into tea
>>
>>39380883
I've never had coffee before, but it never seemed particularly appealing to me. Any tea you'd recommend?
>>
>>39380883
Coffee and tea are unenjoyable, id rather drink water.

>>39380866
If I dont feel healthier I don't give a fuck.
>>
My problem is I prefer diet soda but am also trying to gain weight. I've tried switching a few times but I just can't handle anything high in sugar. It gives me a horrible stomach ache for some reason but diet versions don't do anything. Last time I tried to gain weight I did the GOMAD thing except I could only drink about 3/4 of it and then had very little room for any food on top of that much. Milk was nice in that it's gentler on the stomach than shit like sodas or poptarts. I don't know how normalfats do it. Do they just spend every waking second shoveling food in their disgusting fat mouths or what? I don't even want to get huge or anything. I'd like to be 190lbs bodybuilder shape, but I'd settle on just a normal 160lbs and abs not visible. 140lbs isn't as much as it sounds when you are 6'3.
>>
How can you enjoy fucking soda more than water? It does not quench thirst, it makes your throat all icky, it colors your saliva, it hurts your teeth and makes them sticky. Besides, most sodas have so much sugar in them there's barely a taste. It's just gas bubbles and sugar.

Why don't you try different mineral waters instead? Try waters with magnesium or sodium, they actually taste like something and you might enjoy them. Or even bubbly water. At least you won't have all that sugar in there.

I'm sure you're an americunt or from the UK. You guys wonder why you're fat when you're drinking liters of coke everyday.
>>
>>39380902
green tea's a good 1, low dose of caffeine, antioxidants, other supposed health benefits. It's got a pretty crisp and funky taste that might be hard to adjust to but, if you force yourself to drink it enough it may become a comfort thing. I think it helps to go in with the mindset of "this is good for me" and drink it like a medicine

if you're looking for flavor, there's zillions of herbal teas out there of all different flavors though they'd all seem pretty dull in comparison to a soda
>>
>>39380979
Turn the autism down a bit, m7. You sound mentally ill. Soda is mostly water, it quenches thirst, is doesn't make your throat all icky, it doesn't color your saliva, it doesn't hurt your teeth, it doesn't make teeth sticky. This is all in your head. I'm sorry the man who sells soda raped you but this is an unhealthy way to think about things. I would suggest intensive therapy.
>>
Diet soda is actually much worse than regular soda since there is no sugar in diet soda they put in other chemicals that harm your body way more than sugar does. Google it if you don't believe me anon.
>>
>>39380942
You can gain weight without sugar, Just eat more meat and carbs. Literally just have 4 meals a day eating 3000 calories a day and you will gain weight.
>>
>>39380979
Diet-soda and regular soda are functionally different. Diet soda has absolutely no sugar in it and uses an artificial sweetener. The one used in a majority of diet sodas is aspartame, which has no known negative effects.

As for why I dont enjoy water as much as you, it's just bland. As for soda not quenching thrist thats just silly. There were several periods in my life where I sustained myself for months without drinking water directly.
>>
>>39381004
Any meme teas that create mustard gas I should stay away from?
>>
>>39380762
advantages of switching are most likely to be seen many years from now, when you won't get diabetes, anon.
in my opinion you did a positive thing. keep at it. if you miss the taste, try getting some fresh fruit juice, but those can also be high in sugar.
>>
>>39381031
Fuck you and your fucking pseudo science. There is no scientific evidence that links diet soda to negative side effects.

There is a correlation between the amount of fat people drinking diet soda, but that is not causation. Fat people drink diet because they feel bad about being fat, but dont want to change eating habits or work out.

If I like to drink diet soda because it tastes good to me, and it allows me to eat more of calories, which is something I enjoy doing, then theres no reason for someone to not drink diet soda.

Diet soda is not worse than regular soda in absolutely any sense. People like you make me sick because you're the people that push unscientific dietary facts all over the internet. You should be shot for your ignorance.
>>
>>39381042
Right, just eat 4 meals a day! It's so simple! And only 3000 calories? Why didn't I think of that before!

Seriously tho, it's bullshit. Stomachs ca't hold that much weight. BMI is bullshit because they intentionally skew things to the fat side to make piggies feel better. Outside of athletes the human body was never meant to have BMI over 19, maybe 20 at most. It takes years of training to stretch the stomach like that and it has to start from childhood. Once you are in the late 20s it is too late to change.
>>
>>39381081
There are no known cases of someone gaining diabetes from drinking diet soda. Or casually drinking regular soda for that matter. Moderation is key.

In fact diabetics will often recommend diet sodas over regular purely for easier sugar management.
>>
>>39380942
in case this isn't just bait, eat junk food. that shit has no substance and is loaded w/ calories. like, donuts. or little debbie snack cakes.
>>
>>39381073
I've tried hundreds of different flavors and brands over the past few years and never really had anything that I thought was truly disgusting. You should still read the labels though because some teas use artificial sweeteners in them like stivia or sucralose but, they're pretty trace amounts and nowhere near the same amount you'd get from diet drinks at the store
>>
>>39381129
sorry but you're wrong. Just eat more. If your stomach cant hold a full meal, just wait an hour, eat more, wait an hour eat more.

If I can eat 3000 calories of ice cream in one sitting you can manage 3000 over a day.

You're just not trying hard enough.
>>
>>39380762
In moderation everything seems to be ok
>>
>>39381004
Simple plain grean tea is good for teeth as well. Removes plaque.
>>
I am former diet coke addict. Switched to it after regular soda made me fat as a kid. Like all my friends knew about it, it was a "thing" about me I guess. Drank it every day. Atleast a 2 Litre bottle per day, maybe even up to two 2Ls.

Finally I got some dental work done this year and I decided to quit. Because it's acidic AF and by sipping on it all day you're constantly exposing your teeth to acid. Plus it's a dark colour so it's dyeing your teeth.

Now I drink soda water / club soda. It's not the same really but it still has "bite" in it and I like it. I even have a sodastream machine so I'm saving a LOT of money and also I never have to carry 2L bottles anymore.
>>
>>39381202
Well alright. I'll have to look into teas then and see if I can find something that works well for me. Thanks anon.

One last question. Should I get tea bags, store bought bottle teas, or some other form of tea I'm not aware of? Like, is one method of tea better than the others?
>>
>>39381200
>that shit has no substance
>[lists things with shitload of substance and are very filling]

>>39381207
It's not worth it if you have to constantly feel like shit though. What about sleep? I'm not setting an alarm just to wake up in the middle of a night and eat a few dozen donuts that have no mass yet somehow contain 20000 calories.
>>
time for you to get redpilled on diet soda:

it's not chemicals giving you cancer or making you impotent or anything like that.
actually the artificial sweeteners are causing you to crave sweets more than sugar would because the sweeteners are metabolized almost instantly.
also if the sweeteners are alcohol based, like gum, your liver is working over time.
>>
>>39381259
Sodastream is absolutely disgusting tasting. It always tastes flat.
>>
>>39381279
You're really making a stretch. Eating that many calories isn't as difficult as you think.

http://ironandtweed.com/the-skinny-guys-guide-to-gaining-weight/
>>
>>39381317
Eh, my soda stream doesn't taste flat. I'm drinking it right now. You can gas the water quite a lot. I always make mine go until the pressure release valve is active at least twice.
>>
>>39381316
OP here

I totally agree with what you're saying about the craving, but it's not an issue for me. I have no issue with my weight, and I actually immensely enjoy cooking for myself. I have such a balanced diet that I never even consider snacking or eating junk food.

Aspartame is not alcohol based.
>>
File: 1497021290851.png (179KB, 343x424px) Image search: [Google]
1497021290851.png
179KB, 343x424px
>>39381273
>store bought bottle teas

pretty much anything except this

bagged tea is easiest, just throw it in a cup and pour boiling water and you're good to go. Some real purists only go for loose leaf and brew it in a tea kettle

I hear the healthiest of the healthy tea with shit like fat burning properties is a powdered type green tea called Matcha, don't know much more than that or how you'd make it

I'll also say my personal favorite as far as taste goes is this stuff. I might be susceptible to cinammon but everytime I have this tea I cant help but think it tastes so good that it must be bad for me
>>
>>39381316
It's the exact opposite of what you say actually. The body is incapable of metabolizing them and it satisfies the craving for sweet things. I like my diet sodas but it's unfortunate because it passes through the body unchanged and then through the waste treatment facilities unchanged. It's a resilient little molecule that sucralose. Alcohol based sweeteners are rarely used anymore since it's not 1980 anymore.

>>39381317
I always thought soda stream was a retarded idea. I have a few soda kegs in 5 gallon sizes and one each of 2 and 1 gallon. They take standard fittings for gas and you can control the time, temperature, and pressure to ensure you get just the right level of gas dissolved in the solution.
>>
>>39381461
yea I would love a setup like that but I don't want to invest the money or space or setup or maintenance. Soda stream I just bring a tiny canister in my bag to Wal-mart and replace it and I'm good to go for a while.
>>
>>39381367
Oh alright, thanks for the tea talk anon. I'll have to make my way down to the store or order some different kinds online to see what I like.
>>
File: gaining-weight-ft.jpg (135KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
gaining-weight-ft.jpg
135KB, 1080x720px
>>39381335
I am kind of shitposting but the frustration is real. That was an interesting read, thanks. Got that shit bookmarked for the next time I try dieting again. I know, baby steps but I wouldn't mind looking like the guy on the left. Not skinny, not fat, just on the bigger side of normal. Maybe I'll get on roids and look like the guy on the right or even bigger some day. The biggest challenge is going to be cutting down on the whole fibers and veggies.
>>
File: 1501050492539.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1501050492539.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>39381497
np, tea really helped me remove liquid sugar from my diet for the most part. Just remember to drink plenty of water too and maybe treat the tea as a drink to relax and unwind with instead of expecting it to be a full on replacement for soda
>>
>>39381548
That body is the right is pure natty. Thats almost what a standard human body looks like with standard muscle at like 9% body fat.
>>
>>39381566

Have you ever had honeybush rooibos tee? Its South African tea so I dont know if you could find it. But its really good to relax with-has no caffeine and tastes better than most teas.
>>
>>39381461
>the body is incapable of metabolizing potassium
um, no.
it depends on what sweetener they're using.

alcohol sweetener is still used in gum, mouth wash, toothpase, so yeah....
>>
>>39381577
Eh, pure natty is kind of a dumb idea anyway. It's still steroids doing all of the work, only distinction is whether exo or endo. Last time checked I was at 200-ish ng/dl which is 'normal' for men and little girls from 10-99 years old so they wouldn't give me anything. It did explain why I wasn't seeing any gains from doing SL5x5 at least. Nervous gains are pretty cool but deloading gets pretty old the 5th time around and still plateauing at the same weights. At some point actual growth is needed to stay interested in eating.
>>
>>39381621
the name rooibos does ring a bell, don't know about the honeybush part, and I remember not liking the taste too much but do remember it being a real comfy tea
>>
>>39381623
>implying people sweeten food with pure K
Maybe you are thinking of acesulfame k but that's a very different molecule. Who the fuck is eating gum, mouthwash, and toothpaste anyway? No matter how crazy the fatass is they aren't going to be downing those things by the pound in an effort to lose weight. Sucralose is by far the most common sweetener used in low sugar products and it is not metabolized by the body.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.