[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Favorite Zelda and favorite dungeon I'll start, Twilight

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 7452354231647.jpg (274KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
7452354231647.jpg
274KB, 1200x630px
ITT: Favorite Zelda and favorite dungeon

I'll start, Twilight Princess for it's amazing story and characters as well as dungeons (aside from a couple of course). Favorite dungeon is Lakebed Temple in Twilight Princess.
>>
I'd say the Temple of the Ocean King in Phantom Hourglass.

Yeah yeah make fun of me for liking a DS LoZ
>>
File: 1406536064231.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406536064231.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>39377892
OoT shadow temple always creeped me the fuck out
>>
>>39377925
Nah I wouldn't. Spirit Tracks was pretty fun but didn't get too far into it.
>>
Definitely aLTTP for my favourite Zelda. First one I played and the experience just hasn't been the same since then. Fav dungeon is probably Turtle Rock (aLTTP) or Snowpeak Ruins (TP). Guess I'll shill the romhack for aLTTP, Parallel Worlds. Played it a couple years ago and it's actually extremely solid -- everything is rebuilt from the ground up. Just using the same engine and enemies, but different story and map.
>>
>>39378038
Snowpeak Ruins was great from what I remember. Fuck Arbiters Grounds. Shit gives me PTSD. Good thing it wasn't that long of a dungeon.

FUCK RE-DEADS IN EVERY LoZ
>>
>>39378077
Gave us the Spinner. Unfortunately it became immediately obsolete after that dungeon. At least the boss was cool
>>
I love Twilight Princess but I fucking hated lakebed temple.
Imo the best was the Zant one by far. Yeto dungeon, sacred grove dungeon and desert dungeon are tied in second.
>>
File: 646448484.png (550KB, 543x637px) Image search: [Google]
646448484.png
550KB, 543x637px
>>39378185
Can I ask why you hated Lakebed Temple? And I can see why you like the others you listed except the desert one (Arbiters Grounds...)
>>
Botw had so many fantastic dungeons xd
>>
>>39377892
the original one and my favorite dungeon is the one with digdogger i think. idk.
>>
>>39378268
Haven't played it yet but from the obvious sarcasm in your text I can assume it's not that great of a game.
>>
>>39377925
>>39378009
Brothers. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who liked the DS games.

>>39377892
Used to be Majora's Mask, and while it's hard to pick, I guess the favorite temple would have to go to Stone Tower (although Tower of the Gods and the Wind Temple from Windwaker are up there). But now the favorite game has to be BotW.
>>
Favorite Zelda is Majora's Mask, the first console Zelda I played. It's such an emotional rush compared to the other games in the series.
Favorite dungeon is Jabu Jabu's Belly in Oracle of Ages. Hardest water dungeon in the series by far, but so rewarding once you figure out how it works
>>
>>39378217
I hated all the water stuff. Besides, once you found the key and the clawshot you could just jump your way into the boss door without solving the puzzles. The boss was the easiest one and I found that dungeon tedious in general.

Arbiters ground was cool cause of all the darkness, having to fight invisible foes, ants, chasing the scent of ghosts, dicking around with the spinner and fighting a cool boss and legions of skeletons. Then reaching the end where the mirror lies. Pretty cool dungeon IMO, I dont get the hate.
>>
>>39378348
Different guy here. The lack of traditional "dungeons" is definitely one of my main gripes with the game. Personally, I feel if they developed each Divine Beast into a traditional dungeon instead of solving 5 puzzles in 5 rooms (which is usually the formula anyways but w/e) I would've really liked it more. Other than that, it's actually a surprisingly solid open world game
>>
phantom hourglass is the best
>>
>>39378381
No traditional dungeons, what the fuck? The open world better make up for it.
>>
>>39378440
It does by a wide margin. I prefer it over Majora's mask desu
>>
>>39378440
Yeah. If you go into BotW expecting like, Twilight Princess quality dungeons, you'll be hugely underwhelmed. There's a lot of flexibility in the world though so I was able to handwave it away. 120 Shrines having different challenges also helps
>>
>>39378379
I hate it because it was creepy as fuck, but it's to be expected of a Zelda game. But I can see why you didn't like Lakebed, imo I loved it just because of the water atmosphere, I don't know why but I just love it so much. But to each his own.
>>
>>39378348
BotW is great, but the temples are a bit of a let-down. They make interesting use of the new sandbox, but they're too small (likely because of how they use the sandbox), and the bosses are closer to regular battles than classic Zelda bosses. A big part of this is because your "hero's tools" are just the runes you get in the beginning, rather than getting a special tool that is used throughout its temple. So instead of having a temple and boss centered around the hook shot, you have a temple and boss centered around an elemental theme. It makes individual temples feel less unique than in other games.
>>
These are my top 5
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Unironically Skyward Sword
4. Link's awakening
5. A Link Between Worlds

Though, the most interesting one I played was Spirit Tracks. Probably my most memorable desu.
>>
File: 1503796110612.jpg (14KB, 383x336px) Image search: [Google]
1503796110612.jpg
14KB, 383x336px
Links awakening was very fun for me! c:
>>
>>39378480
>>39378469
>>39378464
Any major differences between the Wii U and the Switch versions? I have a Wii U so I'm getting BoTW on there.
>>
>>39377892
OOT

I remember when snes link to the past was great, but when that first time playing ocarina of time on n64......shit was borderline life changing.
>>
>>39378500
No major differences afaik aside from performance. Docked Switch version runs smoother in some areas. I know when I played it on Wii U if there's a lot of explosions or other shit on the screen the framerate will TANK
>>
>>39378488
I remember when i mastered the jump down stab...walk in the park after that.....fuck '93 was over 20 years ago.
>>
>>39378470
Yeah it had some merits. Those slime monsters were cool and around that time a lot of shit was going on plot wise. Besides the clawshot is the coolest item.
>>
>>39377892
I can't believe I'm the first to say Windwaker. Absolutely fantastic game and I sank hundreds of hours into it.
>>
>>39378500
No, not really. There are places where the Wii U will lag while the Switch won't.
>>
Twilight Princess > Link to the past > Phantom Hourglass

Haven't played any other Zelda game. Also I main Toon Link in Brawl.

>inb4 dude play OOT
yeah someday. btw Link to the past was badass. 10/10 as far as snes games go.
>>
>>39378518
Good to know. As great as the Wii U is, it fucking drops frames like a motherfucker in some areas in Wind Waker HD. Thankfully I haven't a lot of the same in TPHD other than once.
>>
>>39378500
Basic performance differences. I think some ambient, nature effects aren't as pronounced, and the render distance suffers to some extent. Nintendo outlined the differences close to release.
>>
>>39378527
Windwaker is certainly top-tier, but I think OoT, MM, and BotW have it beat.
>>
>>39377892
1. Majora's Mask
2. Windwaker
3. OoT
4. Oracle of Ages
5. Oracle of Seasons

favorite temple probably snowhead temple from MM, but this is maybe due to recent exposure (1.5 years ago), still great though

MM was so unique as a game and really well done, it's got to be at the top of the list
>>
OoT, water temple

I know it's a meme but despite trying a bunch of other Zelda games OoT is by far the one I like the most.
Also I don't get the hate on water temple. It's perfectly doable and even quite comfy when you stop and think once in a while instead of charging in like an idiot.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.