[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /r9k/ think of lana del rey? also general god

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: lana.jpg (58KB, 758x758px) Image search: [Google]
lana.jpg
58KB, 758x758px
What does /r9k/ think of lana del rey?

also general god tier music thread.
>>
i really like her, but don't be surprised if other bots don't
>>
>>39377061
pseudo-pop normie shit for retarded teenage girls who think they're special, begone tumblr
>>
>>39377061
Spotted the non-wizard.
Btfo commie witch.
>>
>>39377061
>Lana del Rey
>god tier music
>>
Looks okay, that's about it
>>
>>39377075
>>39377072
to be honest both of these
i like her older stuff more, like her lizzy grant stuff. but some of her newer songs are really good.
>>
>>39377093
>>39377072
I prefer her old stuff myself to be honest, like 'blue jeans' not really been to interested in her new stuff
>>
>>39377061
She is the only music I listen to at the gym. I want to be her more than fuck her.
>>
>>39377061
She admitted to fucking her way up. Good for her.
>>
>>39377155
I hope your a grill
>>
>>39377162
at least she can sing aswell.
>>
File: IMG_0653.jpg (66KB, 598x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.jpg
66KB, 598x592px
>>39377162
What's wrong with that?
Robotron
>>
100% product of the music industry trying to tap into the "indie" market. way past her expiration date. never been impressed by anything from her. mediocre, dull.

that said, I'd rather have 1000 lana del reys than this modern wiggeress pop music coming out.

is this the roastie anthem? it made me start hating women again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ke4480MicU
>>
>>39377061
I think born to die is the best albums of 2015 .

Don't like her 1st 1 though .
>>
>>39377061
>god tier music
ABBA
>>
Boring pop dressed up to look "deep" pretentious girls love her

>hurr durr I'm not like the other girls
>>
if you appreciate the guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxV6YlXlxEw
>>
>>39377061
She has a god tier voice, it's a shame she wastes it singing such inane bullshit.

I mean I'll admit I like it sometimes because it is literally wall to wall roastie anthems. It helps me feel nostalgic for a place I have never been. I can imagine I'm going on a roadtrip with my group of friends and girlfriend comes with me and all that shit. Like we're all going to coachella in a VW bus or something.

At the same time I hate her because she's degenerate and a roastie and also probably some kind of satanist.
>>
I like lorde more
>>
>>39377061
Lana del rey WAS good. Old stuff was actually top notch and went pop shit fast.

Anyways /mu/ /mu/ /mu/ /mu/ /mu/
>>
>>39377061
I only heard of her 3 days ago. Didn't even listen to any of her songs.
>>
>>39378765
Lorde is even worse than Lana. Lorde is pure pop but thinks she's some great artist or something. Did you see her at the VMAs dancing around like some pretentious retard?
>>
>>39378117
>deep
But i thought her whole appeal was the shallow sugar-baby-drugs-and-alcohol-mistress-on-the-side meme bullshit
>>
>>39377061
I'm not usually fond of music singers or bands but Lana is my exception.

My personal ranking of her albums:
1. Ultraviolence
2. Paradise
3. Born to die
4. Lust for Life
5. Honeymoon

Not couting all the unreleased stuff you can find on torrents.
>>
>>39380052
Unreleased goodies

>Starry Eyed
>Velvet Crowbar
>Never Let Me Go
>>
>>39377061
roastie propoganda. no one's pussy actually tasted like cola. most actually taste like sea salt and vinegar potato chips (but less potato flavor).
>>
>>39380052
I'd probably rank them in the same order as you, though Lust For Life and Honeymoon keep switching places. I can only tolerate Honeymoon when listening to the entire thing, but picking out separate songs is painful and boring. LFL has a few good songs, but a lot sound like filler, plus ASAP Rocky ruins the other ones just like pretty much every song he's featured in. She's probably going to more of a pop sound because keeping up the pretentious indie daddy issues aesthetic at age 32 is getting a little ridiculous.

>>39380086
Fordham Road and Pawn Shop Blues are great, too.
The "Sirens" album she did under the name May Jailer is pretty good, despite sounding like she took one guitar lesson before recording it.
>>
To be honest a lot of these pop singers such as Lana del Rey, Katy Perry etc. are good singers, no denying that, but the songs are shit. They're just made to be "relatable" and appeal to younger audiences, despite still being 95% about sex.
>>
>>39377061
i used to like her. she reminded me of jlh. then i met more "damaged" girls and realized how boring it is.
>>
>>39377061
Her music is good and she's beautiful
>>
Good waifu type...great music for lonely people.

Ultraviolence is a great long album...Paradise is a top-tier EP.
>>39378080
That was in 2012 though.
>>
>>39377061
Didn't you make the exact same thread on /fit/?
>>
I unironically believe that there are people who deliberately shove partying/clubbing/sex music in our faces 99% of the time so that once they prop up a Arcade Fire/Father John Misty/Lana Del Rey/etc every now and then we're convinced it's really "deep" in comparison.
>>
File: bonesanything.gif (2MB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
bonesanything.gif
2MB, 500x211px
>not walking the city streets alone late at night, listening to cloud rap
One of the comfiest things I do.
>>
>>39381359

Who perchance is this semon demon?
>>
>>39381379
Bones, my duderino. Check out his latest album, Unrendered. He's really great. $uicideboy$ are pretty great too desu.
>>
I've really, really been rating higher brothers recently, but I definitely understand why you wouldn't like them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9l3_6yNjrs
>>
I've been listening to lots of funk like Average White Band lately.
>>
File: vdj.png (524KB, 764x629px) Image search: [Google]
vdj.png
524KB, 764x629px
>>39377061
absolutely disgusting

pic related is an example of actual god tier music
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.