[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Describe your health and fitness. Advice and motivation is appreciated.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 41.png (63KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
41.png
63KB, 500x407px
Describe your health and fitness. Advice and motivation is appreciated.

>14+ hours a day at this PC
>diet consists mainly of meat and bread
>almost never exercise
>haven't regularly exercised since 5 years ago
>high resting heart rate
>shower fast so I don't have to look at my body
>>
> 8+ hours at the PC
> diet moderately varied, but mostly fast food and Subway
>no vigorous exercise but take walks at night and swing on the swings at the park when no kids are around
>BMI 22 - smack dab in the middle of the healthy range
>fat likes to collect around the thigh region for some reason, but I'm pretty happy how not-fat I am despite my lifestyle
>major problems with face and personality though
>>
>>39376098
>normal bmi
>want to lose 15-20 lbs though because fat has acumulated around chest, abdomen, and lower back
>lift 5-6 days a week for 2 hours at a time, do cardio when I feel like it
>diet is high in carbohydrates and crappy junk food, which is why I am sort of fat
>use food as a coping mechanism for depression and lonliness
I feel hungry and empty all of the time, and I often stuff myself beyond the point of discomfort. I hate that I do this, and I know that I need to fix my diet in order to be more successful in my fitness goals, but something in my brain just won't click.
>>
>>39376098
>perfect bmi
>went wholefood vegan and stopped my high blood pressure and high resting heart rate
>vegan diet also cleared up my skin, and makes me more generally athletic (I always feel strong)
>had to take time off from the gym and the weights but I'm still lean, and healthy-looking
I can't wait to get in the weight room again, though.
>100-rep barbell shrugs, here I come!
>>
>>39377373
iktfb, veganism changed my life, it's like everything in my body has fallen into place since i started really paying attention to what i ate
>>
>>39376098
>10+ hours on the PC most days
>go for an hour long walk every week
>fixed up my eating
>the healthiest i've ever ate in my entire life
>lost 35 pounds over the course of a month and a half

All you have to do is eat healthy and moderately, also, ditch soda and sugary food in general.
>>
Zero fitness. 18 BMI hungry skellington. Sit at computer all day.

Long hot showers. Drink at least one soda a day. Brush teeth once a day usually. One day this shit will catch up with me but I don't know how it will turn out, exactly.
>>
>My pc time varies alot
>Food mostly meat, veggies, fruit, and bread
>Exercise off and on
>Kinda chubby but not horrendously so

If you want my advice, try cutting back a little on the bread and eat more veggies. Drink alot of water. Do some simple calisthenics and go for 1-2 hour walks. In a year, you'll see that you've lost alot of weight.

I used to be almost almost 3009
pounds. Now I'm 190. I'm still kind of fat, but I'm much more healthy and confident.
>>
>>39378253
300 pounds*

Sorry about that.
>>
>>39376098
>severely obese 5'11" 315 pounds, people think I weight 220
>spend 8 hours at pc, 5 hours in the morning, and 3 hours at night.
>been drinking less caffeinated drinks
>heart have irregular rhythm when drinking caffeinated beverage, or when I suddenly waking up from stressful dream/nightmare.

I swear to god, giving up fucking caffeinated drinks to stop this irregular heartbeat better be the solution (only happens for 10 minutes after having a drink)
>>
>>39378407
Forgot to mention

>start watching videos on eating healthier
>most of the shit they mention is shit I eat
>oatmeal
>white eggs (I never liked the fucking yolks)
>tuna/cod
>veggies

I have an addiction to chips and salsa....

I don't even eat the sweets that people think a fat guy like me eats, I got fat from McDonalds, and no self control when I was younger. I haven't touched McDonalds in 3 years now.
>>
>>39376098
>high resting heart rate
>diet consists mainly of meat and bread

I'm not sure, but electrolyte imbalance is probably more likely than any serious health problem. so you're not in "bad health" you just don't know how the heart works.

>>39378407
>heart have irregular rhythm when drinking caffeinated beverage, or when I suddenly waking up from stressful dream/nightmare.

proof from hospital visit or it didn't happen. there is all kind of shit that can go wrong when measuring your heart rate and checking for "missed beats" manually, resulting in misperception aided by common problems with attention. this can range from esophageal spasms near the heart to you looking at a blood pressure device and "feeling" missing beat when the thing shows you one, although this perception was entirely caused by the fact that you were looking at that stupid blinking heart symbol all the time. and those devices aren't right either, their arrythmia thingy is so bad it shouldn't even be implemented to not panic people. also "missing beats" wouldn't be the only thing showing up when a real arrythmia hits.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.