[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that all robots have a shitty or non-existent relationship

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14

File: 1494054879690.jpg (266KB, 900x990px) Image search: [Google]
1494054879690.jpg
266KB, 900x990px
Is it true that all robots have a shitty or non-existent relationship with their father?
>>
>>39368733
It's true in my case. He is emotionally distant.
>>
>>39368733
me and father are much too equal
we hide our feelings, we don't trust anyone
because of this our realtionship is quite "distant" and yet somehow close
he's the only one who knows what i'm thinking and vice versa
but he being in the marine doesn't help, only see each other on sundays
t'is quite sad to have someone who's so alike yourself, but not be able to have a descent relationship
i wish to make my old man proud before he dies, at least
>>
>>39368733
>Tfw that picture was drawn by that blonde loli
>>
true in my case, he was busy working when i was young so we didn't spend much time together. Divorcing my mother for another woman when i started high school only made it worse, as it completely changed his personality. We kinda just tolerate each other, meaningful father-son talks are very rare.
>>
>>39368733
Else we wouldn't be robots. Aside from the genes, how your Dad raises you can make you into a Chad or a Beta Robot.
If your Mother primarily raises you, you are more or less lost. Every child where the father must worked all the time, sitting on the couch and do as minimal activity with you as it gets (because he is exhausted from his work, which is of course understandable) ends up being a Robot, you need a strong male figure to become a Man.
>>
>>39368951
Join the army or the air force
>>
My dad is very successful but he spends as much time away from our house and family as possible, I can't blame him.
>>
>>39368733
Kek, he leaved 8 years ago
>>
>>39369050
this is true, poor fags are fucked
>>
>>39368733
Not all, but I suspect higher than normal and I wouldn't be surprised if robots had older moms than the population
>dad is a workaholic, only ever saw him on weekends
>married a single mother in her late 30s before having me
>mom absolutely runs the household, dad bends over for anything she says
>>
File: sadgirl.png (249KB, 384x406px) Image search: [Google]
sadgirl.png
249KB, 384x406px
>>39368733
My father decided at an early age that I was a failure and I quickly caught on to that. He bought me presents, he did what a father is supposed to do, but he never cared.

He drove me to activities, but he never asked how it went or how I've progressed.
He begrudgingly helped me build my computer, but got annoyed if I wanted to try doing parts myself as it took longer for him.
He took me on weekend trips, but we never talked about what we saw.
He bought me a guitar, but only got annoyed when I practiced. "Can you stop playing that part over and over?"

He would also build up anger and release it on me regardless of how insignificant of a mistake I did. Never hit me, but man would he have me know what an awful kid I was. I learned to avoid him but even that sometimes wasn't enough.

I got depressed and had terrible social anxiety. Sometimes it got so bad I couldn't go out myself and he had to drive me to some places. He would start berating me on the way there for everything he had built up until I was in tears. He didn't care if it made my anxiety worse.

It wasn't until recently when I got my first job, and my boss was such an awesome dude that realized what a father figure really is. It was a night and day difference. I went from a shy, cautious, and lazy guy to a confident and productive person when I was at work. For the first time in life I genuinely wanted to do my best.

I am confident that if I had a real father then I would have been a Chad or at least a Chad with glasses.
>>
>>39368733
My dad died when I was 18 so you might be onto something
>>
>>39368733
It is for me. I practically grew up without parents at all. My dad is just an old pothead hippy. He's awful.
>>
>>39368733
Never saw him again after I was 5
Apparently when I was young he touched me but I think its bullshit.
>>
>>39368733
He is a really good father but he's not my friend. He doesn't really care about my personal problems or if he does he gives very generic advice.
>>
>>39369044
Wait really? I thought that was a different artist.
>>
>>39368733
my dad's 50 something and still lives with his mom. only met him a few times
>>
>>39368733
I'd say my relationship with my father has been complicated. In my earliest childhood, he was absent a lot, often working. During and after that, he got angry easily, although he really wasn't physically violent after I became 4 or 5 years old. This lasted until my late teens or so. Since my mid-teens, he's been a bit overprotective (which is comfy, so I don't complain).
>>
It is true for me. Almost chopped him up with a hatchet a while back when he started talking shit.
>>
File: JegHaderNormieriDTU.jpg (180KB, 520x791px) Image search: [Google]
JegHaderNormieriDTU.jpg
180KB, 520x791px
>>39368733
No, quite the opposite,in fact.
>dad works a lot, in other countries too (he was an engineer working on bridges and dams and stuff in 3rd world countries)
>often gone for weeks on end
>mom is a bossy SJW stacy, since my dad doesn't see her that often, all their interaction is similar to young-person flirting because they always find new things about each other, and her shit side never really shows.
>Youngest of 2 much older brothers who are well-off, but my mom doesn't approve of them (one is in finance, the other makes money off wars), so mom was very strict and stuck up, and brought me up with her stacy-meme white woman mindset: no video games because "muh violence", no fast-food, forcing me to read shit books like nelson madela's biography, or other meme books about some colored kid from some shithole having problems and stuff.
>stumped growth from eating organic quinoa and shit all the time, hate normies since a very young age (long before I knew what the word normie meant), and essentially became a nazi because of my SJW mom who almost physically disgusted me from leftist ideologies.
>dad never knew of any of this, though
>whenever he was home, we'd do some cool things, like go hiking, see a movie, and he'd just show me and explain cool stuff he noticed around, like interesting facts about anything from trees to fire hydrants to the joints in train tracks.
>when I had good grades he'd take me out to get fast food or something.
>tastesgood.jpg
>t. got lightly bullied in school, at first because I had nothing to talk about with the other kids ("what's a whee? (Wii)"), then, in high school, because I kept sperging out my powerlevel.
>t. dad was my only friend.
>t. worked in school only for my dad
>dropped out of college after a month, 2 years ago
>dad is retired now
>thought he'd be dissapointed to see the NEET I've become
>not at all.
>motivated me to start college again, always there to talk and chill when I come home
>mom too old to be annoying
>>
File: 1500057650729.png (366KB, 696x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500057650729.png
366KB, 696x720px
>pops is good man
>always helps me with stuff
>parented me more than mum
>gasses up car at night so that I go to uni with full tank in morning
>always makes me grilled cheese and goldfish crackers at 1am when cramming for tests
>listens to gorillaz and aerosmith
good man
>>
>>39369427
I am literally you, but with beatings and the reaction was me becoming psychopathic bully instead of social anexiety.
>>
File: IMG_1312.jpg (175KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1312.jpg
175KB, 768x960px
>>39368733
No. I get along fine with my father.
The problem is that he's a beta ex-hippie weeb nerd, so his influence hasn't been all that great as far as normiehood. He build me a PC but never played ball with me. Gave me anime recommendations but never tips for girls.
The ONLY reason he didn't die alone is because my mom is an extremely dominant woman, so she essentially took him under.

the only thing that's prevented me from going down the same path is the Muhreens
>>
My dad died when I was 14 and was an abusive drunk for about five years before that, can confirm
>>
>>39370123
An awesome dad that isn't home is still not a good dad.

And the last part just confirms the thread. Now that he has time for you he's bringing you out of robothood.

Still, good of him. He had work and that can't be changed, but still did the best he could at being a father.

>>39370210
Nice, hope you show him appreciation.

>>39370215
Sorry to hear, no one deserves a father like that. And yeah I did become a bully too, but have finally broke that mindset.
>>
>>39368733
Dad got murdered :c
>>
My dad is dead, so pretty non-existent. He was kind from what I remember, though. I miss him.
>>
>>39368733
nah. throughout my entire life, my father has been my only friend
>>
>>39368733
I was pretty much raised by my dad who is a hard working caring individual, but I'm still a fucking failure
>>
>>39368951
join the navy or the coast guard
>>
>mom marries her friend because they were of marrying age
>two years and a miscarriage later they both agree they make a bad couple
>neither one of them want to give up the marriage perks so they stay marriage
>he catches him cheating and she asks for a divorce
>he refuses and keeps on cheating on her
>she goes and has me with another friend/crush as revenge
>dad finds out she's pregnant with his kid
>asks for her preliminary hand in marriage
>mom refuses because now she is helping to pay for a house with her husband and doesn't want to "downgrade" to my dad's apartment
>dad later marries someone else
>only get to see my dad no more than a handful of times
>only vividly remember the time he told me goodbye because he was dying of terminal cancer
>he dies when I'm 7
>mom refuses to go to the funeral because she doesn't want to be the other woman there
>have strained relationship with stepfather because of his hatred of my mother
>mom becomes distant with me because she's torn up over my father
>spend most of my childhood feeling alone, vulnerable and a nuisance because I have no parents to do anything with me

I doubt this will happen but if I have children I will make damn sure their father sticks around because children with involved fathers almost always seem to grow into confident, fulfilled adults.
>>
>>39368733
My dad is too old to be working as hard as he is. He was working most of the time when I was growing up too. He's disappointed that I'm a retail wagecuck while everyone else my age is going to college but other than that we are on good terms. I don't blame him for having my brother as his favorite. I was a shitty kid.
>>
I think you're on to something.
>be edgy teenager
>dad drinks and whenever I see him either me or mom get into an argument with him
>be regular on /r9k/
>get more mature
>him and mom split up
>realize mom really is a fucking bitch and dad was alright, just unable to cope with her bullshit
>reconcile with dad
>help him move into his new place
>stop going on /r9k/
>>
File: 1486154966331.png (1MB, 1920x814px) Image search: [Google]
1486154966331.png
1MB, 1920x814px
My mother cheated on my father. After my father left my mother he went on to become rich, marry a foreign woman and moved to another country. My mom on the other hand is an alcoholic who brings home different men every month.
>>
>>39368733
My father and I have our differences, like any father and son, but we are quite close. He frequently gives me hugs and kisses to show affection (I am emotionally distant in general and dislike this, but I tolerate it of course) and tells me he loves me every day. All this despite being a mentally ill, lazy, pot smoking disappointment. He's by no means a perfect parent but he does his best and I love him.
Even though I have such a good relationship with my dad, I remain a socially and emotionally dysfuntional robot.
>>
>>39371021
>>stop going on /r9k/

Stop posting fake news on the internet
>>
>>39371070
This is literally the first time I came back here and posted in 7 years. I usually frequent /o/ and /g/ nowadays.
>>
>>39370998
Fucking hell
And I thought my roommate's family situation was complicated
I wish you the best of luck finding someone and I hope your kids never go through the pain you have
>>
My biological father was my dad's friend who cucked him. I spent summers at his place and I live with one of my half-brothers. The guy I grew up calling dad wasn't mean to me, but he never spent time with me like his actual kids. We see each other at Thanksgiving and one or two times during the year. My biological father is very nice, but he always seems tense around people.
>>
My father worked a lot while I was growing up. He'd get home in the evening, but would always head right up to his office after dinner. His weekends were mostly spent in his office as well. We didn't really do much together and seldom interacted with each other. In high school he took a job in another state and would come home every or every other weekend. Eventually my mom and brother moved with him, but my parents divorced a year later.

I'm sure part of why he shut himself off was because of my mother. She means well, but is very difficult to be around and gets anxious and paranoid very easily. I'm sure they both realized they weren't happy only a few years into their marriage, but neither of them would really change who they were. Dad remarried a few years ago and he is a completely different person. We still don't or see each other often, but when we do it's positive.
>>
my dad practically doesn't exist.

never seen him, mom knows nothing about him, basically an empty space.
>>
WHY DID MY DAD DIE? WHY WAS IT HIM? WHY DID GOD TAKE HIM? SHY DID GOD PUNISH ME?
>>
>>39371346
It's a sign telling you to learn how to type properly before making posts on the internet. Better get on it, your mom is next.
>>
>>39371121
Did you post it already? I just consider my story weird because my mom and stepdad were immature and selfish as hell.

I don't even want to have kids because I think I will just default back to being just like my mother.
>>
My dad molested me as a kid. So yeah, the shoe fits.
>>
>>39368733
Yeah he is a Fucking schiz I am happy I rarely see the kike.
>>
>>39370998

>children with involved fathers almost always seem to grow into confident, fulfilled adults.

Or school shooters.
>>
My Mom ditched my mother. I was too young to know the details and my mom didn't explain things in detail. He basically spends all his time gambling and lying in bed. Never paid a cent to raise me and to this day lives off his mother like a parasite even though she's probably doesn't have much longer to live. He's chronically irresponsible. One time I went to visit him and he drove to a place to bet on horse races and he left me locked in the car with an alarm on because I was a minor and couldn't gamble. He also broke my clavicle once wrestling around and he essentially called me a liar when I said it was broken. It took seceral days before he finally drove me back to my mom so she could take me to a doctor.
>>
>>39371771
Dad ditched my mother I mean
>>
All he ever did was drink his life away out in his room and left his mother to raise me. She didn't want me either so I just spent all my time on a computer and playing video games.
>>
When I was a kid I could go weeks without seeing my dad's face even though we lived in the same house. He would just come home and immediately start drinking, he wouldn't even bother to look my way. So I did the same and hid myself in my room shunning the outside world, just like him. The apple never falls too far from the tree.
>>
File: IMG_20170627_112324.jpg (282KB, 1378x2039px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170627_112324.jpg
282KB, 1378x2039px
>Dad worked abroad for the first 4 years of my life
>When i got to meet him things were great
>He started working in the city we lived in, so we're spending time together
>It's really fun at first ( we played mario kart, smash and other N64 games together)
>He was a beast with donkey kong btw
>Stress from work starts building on him
>He becomes less fun to be around but it's ok
>He starts drinking more often
>2 years pass
>We don't play together anymore
>I don't see him around the house that often anymore
>He starts hitting me one day because i didn't want to go to a restaurant with him and mom
>Mom had to defend me
>A whole year passes but he only hit me a couple of times more
>In one of those times he threw a bible at my head, had a bruise as big as a baseball bc of that
>My little brother is born
>4 years of calm take place (even though we grew more distant each year)
>He starts hitting us again
>I was always a big guy so when he hits my little brother i confront him
>He's surprised and stops
>The mood around the house is always gloomy and tense when he's around
>I always tried to make as little noise as possible
>So he wouldn't get angry and shout at me
>2 Years of this pass
>Mom finally steps up and kicks him out of the house
>I've never been so happy while living in this house
>Now he tries to win me and my brother back with gifts and "i love you son"

I don't know i'm always feeling awkward around him, i feel like i can't let any emotions out.
Maybe i'll be able to make up with him when i'm older.
>>
File: 1499518905940.jpg (52KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1499518905940.jpg
52KB, 500x498px
I have a great relationship with my father. We used to play videogames such as killing floor or borderlands and other coop stuff. Even shitty games were a comfy experience with him. Sadly we don't play anymore since we moved but we still talk about them (and many other topics).
He's always supporting, so much that i don't deserve it, he's the best father i could hope for. I don't have any complaints about my family, I love my sister and protect her, she loves me and tried hooking me up with her friends before giving up. Only reason i haven't killed myself yet is that i just can't bear the idea of hurting them like that.
>>
File: Single moms.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Single moms.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>39368733
I expect robots to be more likely to be from broken families. Without strong male role models they become outcasts.
>>
>>39370998
>children with involved fathers almost always seem to grow into confident, fulfilled adults.

i think this too but i'm not sure that is the case when the father isn't confident himself.
>>
>>39373565
it's kinda funny how all the hate is directed toward the single mom when the dad is the one who fucked off and the mom literally destroyed her life for the kid
>>
>>39374912
Or, the mom was a slut that doesn't know who the father is.
>>
My dad was a deadbeat piece of human garbage who was content to recite empty platitudes on the fundamentals of manliness on the few occasions where he could even muster up the basic human empathy to see me in the first place.
>>
>>39374953
true i'm sure this happens too, just in my experience the dad has his kid then decides he wants to go back to his younger years and unsuccessfully try to bang young ladies on tinder
>>
>>39374912
A boy might be better off on the streets instead of being raised by a single mom who is like an environmental poison to her young boy.
>>
>>39368733
My dad literally only cares about two of my brothers me the youngest and my oldest were non existent to him. I got put with my mom in 6th grade I see him every few months but I only talk to my brothers all he says is hi to me.
>>
File: IMG_0427.png (302KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0427.png
302KB, 363x321px
>My dad was a good guy who repeatedly got stuck with bad women
>Tried very hard to make a stable household
>He would be the breadwinner and the wife stays at home to raise the kids
>Had three kids with his first wife, she was a partier and left him with the kids
>second women he had a kid with was all "I dont need no one to care for me I want my own job" so that relationship didnt last
>My mom was a closeted alcoholic and their marriage fell apart when he wanted to stop drinking to be a better example to me and my brother
>his last women he had a kid with used my little sister as a bargaining chip so he wouldnt kick her out, he really wanted to hold the relationship together for my little sister's sake
>Avoided coming home a lot of nights so he wouldnt have to argue with her over petty bullshit
>He hid at my uncles after work on friday nights to get wasted, sometimes he brought me along
>an year old me sat in a chilly garage watching my dad and uncles down beers all night until they sat dead eyed staring into space
>eventually my dad works up courage to say the relationship is shit and is kicking her out
>gets wasted the night after she storms out, my sister in tow
>next morning my dad has heart attack
>dies on way to hospital
>raised by alcoholic mother

These days I am proud to say Im about to graduate university, I dont touch booze or drugs, I think I'm doing well all things considered.

I hope he is proud.
>>
>>39368951
Join the french foreign legion or ISIS
>>
>>39368733
Nah, my dad and I have a pretty good relationship
>>39374912
Actually when my parents were getting divorced my dad looked into it and found that custody defaults to the mother and the father has to prove she's unfit to be a parent (damn near impossible) even if he's the better option
It can commonly end in the father never seeing the kid again
Thankfully their divorce wasn't messy so I chose to live with my dad and visited my mom when I wanted (usually weekends) and they're back together now anyways
>>
>>39375453
>custody defaults to the mother and the father has to prove she's unfit to be a parent (damn near impossible) even if he's the better option
America's law system is so pussy-whipped. Good for you that it wasn't messy or violent. So, have they said anything about remarrying? Are you going to be a bridesmaid?
>>
>>39368733
No, I get along fine with my dad. He's kind of a weirdo himself though.
>>
>>39368951
join antifa or become a trap
>>
>>39375521
>America's law system is so pussy-whipped.
Yea, it's really fucked up to me
>Good for you that it wasn't messy or violent.
Yea, it could've been a lot worse
Funny, about a month ago I got my dad to open up about it a bit more and he told me that after a month they had already started seeing each other again and going out
I guess they're made for each other
>So, have they said anything about remarrying?
They've been wearing their rings and addressing each other as "my husband/wife", but nothing on a remarriage
>Are you going to be a bridesmaid?
A random assumption, but an accurate one...
Anyhow, I guess the previous answer covers that
>>
>>39375616
Literally kill yourself you retarded shill.
>>
>>39375684
It's sweet that they've been together since they were kids. It's not a random assumption, Smol. Do you want to be a bridesmaid?
>>
No, both of my parents are great, I just have Asperger's.
>>
>>39368733
My dad died when I was 6. It's the biggest reason why I am a failure. My mom became a pillhead, and life spiraled into a series of disasters. Oh well, these things happen.
>>
File: 1496694280823.jpg (192KB, 790x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496694280823.jpg
192KB, 790x700px
In my case, yes.

>dad had me at his 30s
>cool guy, hard worker
>living by himself since he was 13 because he escaped from his abusive family
>has issues, his work implies danger and he is always fearing for his life
>drowns all those issues with alcohol
>working during the day
>never does something with me

>mom had me at her 20s
>cool girl, hard worker
>comes from a rich family who went bankrupt
>has issues, her work implies danger and she is always fearing for her life
>drowns all those issues projecting them on me
>works during the day
>never does something with me

I grew up to be obese, socially inept and friendless. I know it's their fault but I can't blame them. They did what they could.
>>
>>39371034
warms muh heart
>>
>get along with my parents
>have nieces and nephews
>see my parents try to look after them
>realize where some things went wrong
>>
>>39375756
Oh
Yea I'd rather just sit in the front than have anything to do with them getting remarried
I'd be happy for them, but I won't be a part of it
>>
>>39369044
She doesn'r draw you fucking retard.
>>
>>39376113
did you ever find out why he did it?
>>
>>39376125

Major depressive disorder, alcoholism.

My mother is partly to blame for being an autistic roastie but I do not blame her for being like me.... Just for making me like her
>>
>>39368733
My biological father abandoned me on my first birthday because as he said "I'm not ready to be a father." In under a year he was with another woman and had three kids with her before I was even 4. This act also deprived me of a serious inheritance because my biological grandfather or great grandfather was an oil baron. My stepfather was an ass hole who HATED who I became and emotionally and physically abused me. He also used me as a tool to get back at my mother after the divorce. He did the same to my step sister. Once she turned 18 he abandoned her to my mother now that he couldn't get child support for her or hold her hostage to emotionally abuse my mother. He has never helped me in any way and even told me that I would amount to absolutely nothing because I'm a worthless sack of shit. Which in a way actually helped me because it helped me get through putting myself through college. I only made it just to spite him.

So yes I do have a fucked up relationship with both of my fathers.
>>
>>39368733
My father is asperger
But I am no longer a robot
>>
>>39368733
I've spoken to my father twice in the last 12 years. I'm probably more of a failed normie than a robot though.
>>
My dad raised me from infancy, basically, cause my mom was the breadwinner. Then when my mom divorced him for being an abusive fuck he took off without a second glance and talked to his kids maybe once a year.

I last talked to him five years ago. I stopped calling him to see how long it would take to call back. He never called back lol
>>
>>39368733
My dad's an undiagnosed autist.
>>
>>39368733
Nah, my dad was great, whole family was, to bad I was the turn in the punch-bowl.
>>
File: 1503824978761.jpg (27KB, 583x616px) Image search: [Google]
1503824978761.jpg
27KB, 583x616px
>>39368733
>Dad used to always sleep when I was a kid
>When Dad was awake he'd get into arguments with my mother and sister
>Dad used to yell at me a lot especially when I did something wrong like in my homework
>Dad taught me things outside of math very badly
>Dad would hit me sometimes
>family weren't proactive, never went out much
>Dad calls me a coward for not wanting to talk to stranger
>Dad watched once as I was drowning without helping me
Let's just say our relationship is complicated
>>
>>39368951
Kek'd with the replies
>>
>>39368733

My father killed himself when I was 3, so I guess I prove the rule.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.