[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I told my mother about how depressed I've been for the past

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 1500062813826.png (71KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1500062813826.png
71KB, 291x343px
I told my mother about how depressed I've been for the past few years. Told her about how I feel empty, have no interests and want to kill myself. Everything feels completely pointless to me. I was really scared but managed to say it all.

She replies with
>anon I think this is just laziness
>you just want to get out of doing anything
>killing yourself would make us sad and that's really spiteful and selfish
>your sister is about to go college and your brother is looking at secondary schools. Think about them

I've never felt such despair before this. I'm too scared to even be around any of my family now. Feels like I'm just in the way.
>>
Become a neet to spite them
>>
>>39366900
Kill everyonr. Listen to Deathgrips during meditation to prepare for reckoning. Show them the meaning of your existence, which is to crush and surpass them. Nixe dubex
>>
Try these

>meditation
>mindfulness
>exercise
>EFT
>entirely natural diet
>high meat
>methylated vitamin B12 plus methylated B complex

If you can't do them all at least do the ones you can.
>>
>>39366900
Tell her to her face that she's being a selfish bitch. You just attempted to bare your soul to her and this is the response you get?
Get angry anon. That hole inside you won't ever be filled but the pain can be soothed with your anger.
Take up a martial art. And always remind yourself.

They're all going to die.

Every one of them.
>>
What you experience is male dysthymia. It's a long-term depression often seen in modern males. It comes from a lack of calling, so you check out of society and live in a void.
>>
My mother's the same. I told her how I don't really feel like my hometown is my "home" any more, how life is disgusting, how I just feel tired all the time (I work full-time) and she instantly says "go jogging, you used to be so handsome!"

There's no point talking to women about these things.
>>
>>39367118
Then talk to a male for once, how about that?
>>
File: a19.png (251KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
a19.png
251KB, 500x375px
>>39366900
>killing yourself would make us sad and that's really spiteful and selfish

The fucking ironing
>>
File: 1486133105084.png (139KB, 397x287px) Image search: [Google]
1486133105084.png
139KB, 397x287px
>>39366970
Already am. Had 3 jobs and couldn't stay at them for more than 6 months. The thought of doing the same job for 30yrs is horrifying to me.
>>39367003
I don't wanna kill people.
>>39367046
I've tried a few of those. Even went on a snowboarding course but got bored almost instantly.
>>39367069
Tfw too depressed to even be angry anymore

I feel kinda alright now at least. I stopped crying and watched some of my favourite adventure time eps.
>>
Here's the thing about telling most of your family and friends about mental illness. They're going to go through a stage of shock. They desperately want anything but the truth at this point. They're going to want to believe that there is still a way out of this for you without the stigma and pain that comes with mental illness. It's really normal for them to feel this way for awhile.

My parents thought that I shouldn't be on antipsychotics and that if I started a family I wouldn't have schizoaffective anymore. They eventually saw that the medicine was working and for the most part believe me when I say that I need them.

You're going to have to show some initiative in getting better for them to see that you are trying your best but still struggling with depression.
>>
File: d69ddd6.jpg (85KB, 720x810px) Image search: [Google]
d69ddd6.jpg
85KB, 720x810px
>>39367250
Maybe join the millitary. Its not always the same job pay is good and people there are amazing i am in the army as a tank driver its fun. The people there are like family.
>>
>>39367364
No thanks. If I'm gonna die, I don't want it to be on a battlefield. I want to go out of the city, into a forest and either OD on meds or shoot myself.
>>
>>39367364
>getting memed by the jews' falsely engineered wars and making your karma hell-tier
>>
Something very similar happened to me. Don't go halfway with trying to fix it if you decide to try. People say talk therapy works but all it can potentially do is make you feel a little better while you're still going to it. I tried it once and improved for awhile but it always comes back to the same shit. Just go straight to a real psychiatrist and tell them the truth. Meds don't always work but they're worth a try. I'm going away soon so I don't have the time to try that now, but if I was staying in the same area for longer I would.
>>
File: 1503530772114.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503530772114.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
I've been depressed for easily 8 years now. I moved out recently and started feeling somewhat better but still empty and depressed. Today I started college and the entire time I felt like a massive waste of time and that this isn't what I want to do. I came home and the depression hit me really hard. I just want to start a semi successful band , or have my stream get semi successful so I'll have a reason to drop out and do something I enjoy. I don't want to crunch numbers 9-5 even if it's for 130k a year. (Sorry for rant just been mega sad today)
>>
File: 1501893941664.jpg (40KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1501893941664.jpg
40KB, 300x220px
>>39367364
>The people there are like family.
Yeah fucking right. They're a bunch of chads and failed normies who can smell the beta in someone right away and will never accept you. It'd be high school all over again but worse because you can never leave and you can't even stay inside and play vidya and smoke weed to compensate for the feeling of being completely and utterly alone.

The military is a meme and most of the people in it are even shittier chad bullies because they have a greater predilection for violence.
>>
>>39368066
>Faild normies.
That is true. I have not met a single chad "chad". All the people i met are basicly robots that shit post irl and have the same fucked up humor. People there are accepting if you just be your self. Unless your gay if your gay you fucked .
>>
>>39367939
>I don't want to crunch numbers 9-5 even if it's for 130k a year.
Same. It seems like such a pointless existence.
>>
File: 1501919431310.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1501919431310.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
>>39368230
>a failed normie telling a robot that he'll be fine in the military
I bet your time in high school was "lel so depressing xD", right? YOU KNOW NOT HOW MUCH ROBOTS SUFFER IN THESE ENVIRONMENTS!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>39367364
>pay is good
Isn't it like 15k a year as enlisted unless your doing some very specific thing that takes a huge amount of technical knowledge?
>>
Lmao what a useless bitch. Now you have a reason to succeed, do it then cut off contact out of spite.
>>
>>39366900
If there's anything I've learned from trying to talk to my parents about my problems, is that they won't say anything helpful.

I had a female friend who understood, but she gave shit advice.

Nope, you're on your own on this one. Over 18? Go get a therapist, or at least see your doctor and say you want help.
>>
>>39368333
>Sweats.
>>39368312
Parents fucking told me im useless fuck all my life. told me im the reason they got a divorce. Got out clased by chads in high school. NO SEX LIFE.
YOU DONT KNOW THE HALF OF IT FAG.
>>
>>39368336
I don't want to though. I'm constantly haunted by the thought of being an adult. Every time I think about my childhood I want to die and start crying, because I know it's gone forever. Being an adult has been fucking hell so far.
>>
>>39368333
Pay changes depending on rank, also if you get deployed you make more money, and of it's a combat deployment it's even more. Also you don't have to pay for housing , insurance, food. And the benifits are noice.
>>
File: 82597147.jpg (45KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
82597147.jpg
45KB, 403x403px
>>39366900
Welp, time to go shoot up a school now
>>
>>39367046
^

seconding this, p solid advice
remember its a method and not a magical solution
>>
>>39367297
You should definitely try and follow this anon's advice op and seek some help medical help. It will feel awkward as the people around you won't understand but keep pushing for it.
Just make sure for it not to take over your life and continue to take care of yourself (like showering, or health in general).
>>
>>39368066
I joined the navy and failed bt. I thought the same as you, but found out that they were the most supportive, kind people I have ever met in my entire life. When I cried and broke down in the bathrooms (the scenario exacerbated latent depressive tendencies and thoughts), they did their best to help me with a tough time. Even though I was one pf the worst recruits, they wanted me to succeed with them.

I miss them every day, as now I'm out and I watch my life fall to pieces.
>>
>>39368714
why not become a fireman ?
>>
>>39368747
Actually thought about trying to be a smokejumper. I think what apppealed to me about joining the military was hating the general purposelessness about normies, and a desire to die a glorious death.

Right now Im tryna be a trauma nurse. The excitement of an ER at night shift appeals to me.
>>
my momma pretty much tells me that god is the solution to all my problems but I'm not sure
>>
>>39368871
>Right now Im tryna be a trauma nurse. The excitement of an ER at night shift appeals to me.
I get you mate. Been working for a year in the ER and it was the best thing I experienced on so many levels. The hospital is a fascinating place

>>39368921
Believer here, she's wrong. God gave YOU the ability to solve your problems so that you won't need God anymore; this way God will see if you're ungrateful or remain thankful. If you're in a shitty situation, you can fix it alone.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.