[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good shows with autistic leads? I like Mr

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: mrrobot.jpg (356KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
mrrobot.jpg
356KB, 1200x600px
What are some good shows with autistic leads?

I like Mr Robot and Atypical
>>
>>39364629
The protagist of mr robot is inaccuratly portrayed. Srsly. Everyone who indetifies with Elliot thinking that he is a robot as well is for 100% not a robot.
>>
>>39364629
True Detective. Rustin Cohle is a robot/chad hybrid.
>>
>Atypical is a robot show
>autism gets a hookup in 2nd episode
>>
File: images (2).jpg (9KB, 486x301px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
9KB, 486x301px
Utopia, it's canceled but still worth watching
>>
>>39365000
Pretty shit and normie tier show gtfo you normie piece of shit
>>
>>39364787

He's actually a pretty accurate portrait of a non-normie shizo autistic guy trying his way

He's not a complete abomination of nature, but when it comes to mainstream media depictions Elliot is pretty accurate
>>
>>39364629
https://youtu.be/01VGtX9xfh0

This is the beginning of the first episode
>>
File: 1440249982919[1].jpg (87KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1440249982919[1].jpg
87KB, 645x773px
I actually decided to watch Atypical today. I have autism so I was interested.

The show is bland for a slice-of-life series. It unfortunately doesn't focus on the autistic character but instead the entire family, especially the mother who is a terrible character. She has no redeeming qualities. I thought initially she was going to be a caring figure but instead she's a self-righteous bitch with no redeeming qualities.

I really like the sister's personality and the dad seems like an honest guy after the "incident" in the past but often the relationship between the dad and the autistic kid is too awkward to be funny.

The situations are really strange though. I don't understand how he's so able to find relationships, why he's allowed to see a therapist on his own without his parents being nearby in at least a separate room, and how he got a job to begin with. I find it strange that the mother doesn't want him dating but allowed him to get a job which can be very stressful as well especially when first applying for it.

Overall the only thing I liked about it is the main character's dialogues about the sexual mating of various birds (birds used to be my special interest)--but it comes off as really stereotypical and forced to make the character narrate the plot--and the sister who is great. If they made the show more about the girl dealing with an autistic brother and protecting him but then him realizing his potential in a sort of cliched way, I think it would be more enjoyable but still normalfag friendly.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>39364629

Naked by Mike Leigh
>>
>>39364629
>be autistic
>watch atypical
Fuck this shit first big bang with nerd culture now this why can't normies stop ruining things.
>has a sister
>has a job
>has two parents
>has good looks enough for girls to be interested
>oh let's throw in some autistic shit we found on the wiki page in
>>
>>39364629
SEASON 3 SOONNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>39366136

The problem with media's portrayal of autism or mental illness in general is that they try to fit it into a narrative so to speak.

When portraying someone with autism or mental illness they apply a certain domesticated version so that it's not stigmatizing and easy to understand.

So mainstream media will never get it "right", movies and tv series don't want to dig into that dirty hole, it's to confrontational and not convenient at all.

Independent or less mainstream oriented series and movies can get it "right" if they really care, Harmony Korine for example talked about this, how he wanted to portray Schizophrenia like it is, instead of the cutsy Hollywood approach.
>>
>>39365339
Is there anywhere to watch this?
>>
>>39366496
I think another aspect of it is that no one wants to confront the truth. They probably think that this is the truth anyway, and that all autistic people behave like this and have the same support structures. It's romanticized. If it were a real portrayal it would make many people uncomfortable and would maybe bomb. No one likes to find out that they were the asshole all along, and that the kid who had issues had a hard life and always will.
>>
>>39366735
http://toptvseries.biz/utopia-season-1-2-complete-pack#Utopia_season_2

I downloaded via torrent, finding this to stream is quite hard
>>
>>39367663
Had the same difficulty finding a stream, so I really appreciate it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>39367740
Enjoy it anon Unfortunately channel 4 discontinued the series, but imo is still worth and unique
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.