[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being afraid of everything and anything? It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0048.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.png
2KB, 225x225px
How do I stop being afraid of everything and anything? It's
my second year at college and I'm afraid of getting ignored in the hallways by people I used to know. I'm afraid to ask for internships because my brain is wired to think I'm nothing but a failure. I'm scared to ask girls out. I'm afraid of group projects and letting everybody down. I'm afraid of pursuing my creative endeavours. I just want to end my life so my brain can leave me the fuck alone.

I need your help r9k,you're my only hope. My parents won't and I'm too broke for a shrink.
>>
>>39363845
Do you consider yourself ugly?

Do you consider yourself dumb?
Knowing how you feel about yourself will help us help YOU.
>>
File: 1444155178029.jpg (311KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
1444155178029.jpg
311KB, 1280x855px
>>39363845
You're most likely making sweeping generalizations like "I'm no good" or "I'm a failure" which isn't based on fact. Challenge your automatic thoughts with specific examples. You might say "I was awkward to the cashier when I paid for my food" which is bad, but a hell of a lot better than "I always screw everything up."

Once you ground your thinking with concrete examples and objective evaluations you may realize things aren't as bad as you thought they were. You can also find ways to improve, and you may be surprised to find out a lot of other people have similar problems. For example, if you did poorly on an exam then instead of thinking something like "This is the end of the world. I'm going to fail every class and I'm going to have to drop out" take the time to calm down then think something like "I didn't study enough for the exam, I kept browsing /r9k/ when I should have been studying and next time I'm not going to make the same mistake."

That last example was an example of positive thinking. Try to find a silver lining to whatever goes wrong, most likely what you could have learned to not make the same mistake again, and notice what pessimistic thoughts keep popping up over and over again. You can use challenge statements to practice being more optimistic. Like if a girl looks at you and judging by her expression you think "She thinks I'm a weirdo" ask yourself "Do I really know how every girl reacts in certain situations?" It could be the way she reacts to many dudes given whatever the situation is. If you have obsessive thoughts it most likely means your making mountains out of molehills, where you think everything is way worse than it really is.
>>
>>39363913
I consider myself a 5.5/10 and yes I'm dumb and I feel like people already judge me and know this. I feel like I fail at everything I do.
>>
>>39363913
Not OP but I have the same kind of problems, anything outside of sitting in my room alone gives me at least mild anxiety.
I consider myself fairly attractive and I'm of pretty average intelligence
I've been overweight since my early teens and I used to be extremely self concious about it and I think its leaving a never-ending cycle of paranoia, even if I feel that I'm over my low self esteem I still feel the effects of it.
Am I just reflexively having anxious reactions because I'm so used to being afraid of everything?
>>
>>39363845
Your fucked bro you need a crazy doctor and meds
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.