[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>studying CS in uni >hate math and think programming is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1463685609939.jpg (122KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1463685609939.jpg
122KB, 1300x866px
>studying CS in uni
>hate math and think programming is boring as fuck
>too afraid to drop out because I'll disappoint my mom
should I just kill myself?
>>
I had the same problem.

I switched tracks to a networking degree and I ended up doing pretty alright.
>>
>>39361632
I wish I could study CS in uni but Im too poor and my country only has something informatics related so not really CS. Try to find something in it, dont drop out or you will be a poorfag forever. Imagine 25 yo+ anon working in retail or a cashier. That is your future if you drop out.
>>
Do you actually need to know math to learn programming?
>>
File: 1503361438991.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1503361438991.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>39361632
I dropped out, same program yesterday morning. Going to take a semester off to chill and then go to college for CNC machining, tool making or something.
>>
>>39361632
I got a bach on comp sci and cant get a job, i work in a mine now
>>
Same here

I'm a thirdworlder son of a bitch and i don't have option but if you can change your career or you will hate the rest of your life

At least im in university
>>
>>39361632
just drop out now because you will drop it later anyway. Strugglings not worth the stress
>>
>>39361632
if you arent going to intern then itll be hard to find a job anyway. just switch majors and get a minor in cs.
>>
>>39361632
Theres more that you can do with that degree than coding. Become a sys admin or database manager. The jobs are boring but they are easy as fuck and you can play video games when you arent working.
>>
Same boat as you kinda.
I wanna major in CS with a concentration in information technology, but I am horrible at math and have no clue on how to program.
>>
>>39361632
>calc 1-3
>discrete
>stats
>linear
that isn't much anon. Its not easy, but its doable for us brainlets.
>>
CS, at least on the only college in my city that teach it, has too much math for my liking, virtually no coding, just computing on a theoretical sense. No thanks.
I started a degree on Software Development this year, only to find out that is, mostly, system analysis, and the coding-programming part sucks, it's too much focused web/internet design, and most of the teachers are lazy fucks and some don't even have a clue of what they are doing, and most of my classmates are mostly normies (the annoying types) that probably wouldn't pass an admission test on a more serious institute (let alone an actual college). It's a fool-trap.
The institute (again it's not even a college) also has 2 degrees more, one of pure system analysis and the other on IT infrastructure (ergo, networking and hardware, with a bit of coding). I think that I will switch to the IT path next year while trying to salvage out as much as possible so I don't have to do the same subjects next time.
>>
>>39361632
I switched to psychology. really just change your major.
>>
>Afraid of disappointing mother
>Better kys
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>39361632
Don't kill yourself. No one can find jobs anyway because we have to import people who will do it for cheaper. This is good for society, so we're told.
>>
Have you tried doing Information Technology?
it's pretty good and i have a job at at&t
>>
computer science is a subset of mathematics, major in software engineering if you hate math
>>
>>39361632
The first 2 years are shitty like that and that's mostly due to really bad professors.
Either try to find a language that you really like and that could help you achieve what you have in mind or just wait until you find an internship. Internships are usually a lot more interesting than what college has to offer, due to the fact that you actually apply what you learn.
>>
>>39362824
This. And regarding the alternative, make sure it's software engineering. Please, if you only have System Engineering in your local college, don't go for it thinking that it's similar to software engineering. While it does have some coding and programming, it's more heavily focused on analysis and systems in general. What they learn is cool on papers, but mostly useless IRL.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.