[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i hate that "cultural appropriation" is a thing and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: obamathrowingapunch.jpg (552KB, 2000x1332px) Image search: [Google]
obamathrowingapunch.jpg
552KB, 2000x1332px
i hate that "cultural appropriation" is a thing and how niggers and other subhumans are free of it they "can't" do it they can also never be racist because you need to hold power to be racist.

well, let me, a white man say this to all niggers out there. fuck off back to africa you goddamn monkeys. i hold no power so this isn't racist if you apply your logic.

also it must be nice to free yourself of any wrong doing despite doing it the most.
>>
>>39354840
if a black man is wearing anything other than a loincloth and a spear he is appropriating white culture
>>
As far as I can tell, the term cultural appropriation = using important elements from a culture you don't belong to in a disrespectful way. It's tough to find actual examples of it, which is why people argue about it so much. It's just another thing for underemployed losers to try to get outraged about.
>>
>>39354840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsQsAvHpqU&t=174s
I know the feel its okay when they do it apparently
>>
>r9k laughs at black people for using the term cultural appropriation
>r9k gets pissed at normies for appropriating r9k memes
>>
>>39355043
Only legitimate cultural appropriation is ironically "chads" getting those shitty tribal tattoos to look "badass", tribal tats are a very important part of pacific islander/samoan culture. Not some shit you get put on you because "it looks sick".
>>
>>39354840
Calling braids and dreadlocks on anyone that isn't black 'cultural appropriation" is such a load of shit. Braids and dreads have been present in countless cultures. And if some ginger white guy with frizzy afro hair has braids, surely that's understandable? He'd be using the style for the same practical purposes, it's entirely appropriate.

And why does it only work one way? If an African man wore Victorian era clothing would British people cry cultural appropriation? No, no anglo-origin person would give one fuck.

Another thing - I'm tired of people trying to white guilt me and say I can't have an opinion on certain issues. Just because people with my skin colour did fucked up things many many generations ago, doesn't mean I should carry any of the blame. I'll also have you know that I'm half Latino, just because my skin is pale doesn't mean I'm a fucking slave driver from 18th century America.
>>
>>39354861
Kek. So much this.

Oreganalio
>>
>>39355127
Genuinely a good comparison. I know it sounds sarcastic, but that kind of helps me understand the concept. It's still taken too far by lefties though.
>>
File: 1419872395343.jpg (471KB, 1280x1280px)
1419872395343.jpg
471KB, 1280x1280px
>>39355127
Lmao
That's all folks
>>
>>39355508
The problem is
>black person has their hair a certain way (be it dreads, microbraids, cornrows or just natural/not straightened)
>white people blast them, tell them they look "unkempt", "dirty", "ugly", etc and refuse to let children with said hair come to school without punishment, or adults go to work
>white people then proceed to put on those exact same hairstyles themselves and call each other/themselves "cool", "trendy", "hip", "artistic", "avant garde", "fashionable", etc
It was never that those hairstyles were sacred, it's that they're eponymous to black culture (go on about ancient yuros all you want, but dreads are not associated with white people no matter how hard you reach) so they're attacked, but when white people do it, it's magically "okay".
No African man in Victorian clothing gets better treatment than a British person, so of course the Brits have nothing to complain about.
>>
>>39355663
>black culture
You can't define this concept outside of superfluous fashion and accessories, and thug-like behavior; because it doesn't exist. The native African has no culture he calls his own, and the modern African-American refuses to integrate into the society he claims oppresses and takes advantage of him. He refuses to play the game by the rulers the creators set in place, yet cries crocodile tears whenever the rules make it "too hard" for him to succeed, whereas all others do just fine.

If Jews can come back from literal genocide, if Eastern Europeans can come back from forceful famines, and if Baltic states can come back from Ottoman slavery, American blacks should be able to bounce back from perceived institutionalized racism and, instead, pull themselves up by their bootstraps just as all the aforementioned peoples did.

Or are Jews and Slavs -- historically enslaved and genocided peoples -- objectively superior in ability to blacks?
>>
>>39355663
>>white people blast them, tell them they look "unkempt", "dirty", "ugly", etc

only this never happened
>>
File: nw.jpg (15KB, 300x295px)
nw.jpg
15KB, 300x295px
>>39355809
>The native African has no culture he calls his own
Stopped reading there. You're retarded.
Why is it always the people who don't know shit about shit that type the longest essays? Christ.
>>
>>39354840
Best argument againt "hate+power=racism" is that many blacks are still hateful even if not admittedly racist
>>
>>39355832
Prove me wrong then; you know you can't.
>>
>>39355828
>only this never happened
http://time.com/3107647/military-black-hairstyles/
http://www.wisn.com/article/teacher-cuts-off-girl-s-braid-in-front-of-class/6296650
https://www.today.com/moms/girl-7-switches-schools-after-her-dreadlocks-are-banned-8C11095779
http://www.wisn.com/article/teacher-cuts-off-girl-s-braid-in-front-of-class/6296650
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/01/25/black-woman-told-straighten-hair-wants-harrods-job-mps-told/
You were saying? And you can literally Google "dreads/cornrows/microbraids/etc are ugly/dirty/unkempt" and see a bunch of people espousing that exact sentiment.
>>
>>39355864
He literally did. Are you blind?
>>
>>39355832
You claim you want to be treated equally in society, but then you treat yourself separately from the rest of society; you segregate culturally, and blame the white man at the same time.

The contemporary American Black is a living paradox, and he is too ass-backwards and retarded to realize it himself.
>>
>>39355911
"you're retarded we do have culture but i can't name any examples" is proving nothing except for the intellectual ineptitude of blacks, you nigger.
>>
>>39355864
I know you're only pretending to be retarded, but
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_art
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_African_religions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_cuisine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Africa
http://www.africaguide.com/culture/tribes.htm
https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/kaabaker/Filemanager_Public_Files/Pathfinder/Home.htm
https://www.amazon.com/African-Side-George-Egbuonu/dp/B002SR8WD0

>>39355955
>that complete non-sequitur
Why do you try so hard? Maybe actually form a decent response to the points presented in >>39355663 and you'll be taken seriously.
>>
File: c26.png (18KB, 625x626px)
c26.png
18KB, 625x626px
>>39355969
Very original and throughtprovoking indeed
>>
>>39355899
>A handful of articles from 25 years ago proves a systemic conspiracy
Two can play this game: So I guess all niggers are violate AIDS-infected pavement ape that love to anally rape eachother in prison as they blow the nearest guard for a cigarette.
>>
File: niggered.jpg (13KB, 225x255px)
niggered.jpg
13KB, 225x255px
>>39356000
If irony had a physical weight to it you could be mistake for a black woman at popeyes.
>>
>>39356001
>gets proven wrong with actual examples and proof
>has to change the subject to unrelated bullshit
>"H-Heh! Two can play at that game!"
Maybe start a thread about AIDs and prison rape if you're so passionate about it. This thread is about cultural appropriation, in case your superior white genetics have rendered you too intelligent to read.
And none of those articles are from "25 years ago".
>>
>>39355983
>links a bunch of shit from Africa
>I was explicitly talking about the modern Black American, who has as much to do with "traditional african religion" as you do
I hope to God YOU are the one pretending to be severely fucking retarded, holy shit. Not once did I even allude to the fact that I was talking about Africans living in Africa, but Black Americans living in the United States.
>>
>>39356032
>I was explicitly talking about the modern Black American
Nope, you said "The native African has no culture he calls his own". I stopped reading there because it was just too stupid, so I don't really know (or care) what you were "really" trying to say.
Assuming English is your first language, perhaps you should learn to get your point across more coherently.
>>
>>39356030
You're fucking retarded mate. It's impossible to communicate with you apes in any more clear English vernacular than I already am.
>>>39356032
>>
>>39356054
>REEEEE FUCKING APES REEEE *forgets how to format posts on 4chan in his autismal rage*
Sure showed me.
>>
>>39356053
>Nope, you said "The native African has no culture he calls his own"
And he doesn't, you fucking retard, because most "African" countries that exist today were arbitrarily drawn on a fucking map with no thought as to who lived where, and when. There is no uniform "African" culture, since - as opposed to Asia, Latin America and the West - they remain too localized in terms of development.
>Assuming English is your first language, perhaps you should learn to get your point across more coherently.
And assuming it's your first language, perhaps you should properly read something in full before crying like a chimpanzee.
>>
>>39355127
This is all that needed to be said.
/thread
>>
>>39354840
o fug, grandpa's on 4chan, and he's mad as hell
>>
>>39356095
>implies you "forget" to format as opposed to empathize an earlier reply you posted
You love the sound of your keyboard, don't you.
>>
File: 1497309916961.png (1014KB, 1234x870px) Image search: [Google]
1497309916961.png
1014KB, 1234x870px
>>39356099
So because countries were arbitrarily separated, the people there were magically incapable of forming cultures even before European settlement and division? Holy shit, you're a fucking idiot.
Africa most certainly does have a uniform culture, especially when you observe practices within the diaspora. You obviously didn't check any of the links I posted, so I'm not going to waste any more time explaining this to you.
>perhaps you should properly read something in full before crying like a chimpanzee.
I'm pretty glad I didn't read your post in particular in full. Autism is contagious.
No more (You)s for you, brainlet.
>>
>>39356119
>I-I-It was for emphasis! That's why I added an extra greentext and put the second post at the bottom!
Ok
>>
>>39355663
So then if I have braids as a white man, why am I lumped in with people attacking the hairstyle, rather than integrating it? Why is borrowing from another culture considered 'appropriation' rather than integration or borrowing? Why are we fighting for equality yet banning certain races from adopting elements of our neighbors' cultures if it isn't done in an ironic/insulting/parodying way?

Maybe things are different in America, but in Australia, these issues seem to be equally present yet there is none of the anti-african history. Sad thing is, stupid fucking aussie SJWs give more of a fuck about african-american issues, and do nothing about the aboriginal issues we have at our doorstep.
>>
File: 1478457230212.jpg (15KB, 306x306px)
1478457230212.jpg
15KB, 306x306px
>>39355663
>>39355127
>mfw /pol/aks have no reply to these so they'll just ignore them or change the subject
>>
>>39356195
>Why am I lumped in with people attacking the hairstyle, rather than integrating it?
It's easier to attack the ones who adopt the style when they're from the same place as those who attacked it, than those who actually attacked it to begin with. I agree that it's misfired anger and it's shitty, but it's not completely unfounded. Chances are, if before you had that hairstyle, you saw a black person get fired or punished in school for it, you wouldn't stand up for them or protest that treatment. Why? Because it's got nothing to do with you, and that's fine. The thing to understand, though, is that though it may look "cool" to you, it's a struggle for the people who are actually known for it. It looks disingenuous and phony to be there for the aesthetic, but not the origin.
>Why is borrowing from another culture considered 'appropriation' rather than integration or borrowing?
Because half the time, no credit is given. I'd argue that actual appropriation resides in America's music scene, especially when it comes to jazz. The hair stuff is very secondary and not nearly as insidious IMO, but that's another topic.
>Why are we fighting for equality yet banning certain races from adopting elements of our neighbors' cultures if it isn't done in an ironic/insulting/parodying way?
If anything, it's black people who are banned from wearing their hair in a non-white way, as shown in >>39355899.
>Sad thing is, stupid fucking aussie SJWs give more of a fuck about african-american issues, and do nothing about the aboriginal issues we have at our doorstep.
I'm not really sure what it's like in Australia, but that does sound annoying as fuck. I wholly blame Americans projecting their own problems onto the entire world via the internet.
>>
>>39356211
That's politics!
>>
>>39354840
Yeah well this is the hypocrisy of the progressives.
You set a double standard or some imaginary unattainable goal and then push.
Push as hard as you fucking can.

It's only purpose is to attain power.
>>
>>39356391
Sound answers. Lemme rebute:

>>39356391
>It's easier to attack the ones who adopt the style when they're from the same place as those who attacked it
This is incredibly presumptuous. I will often get labelled a 'white person', however my mother is a 'wog'. She was subject to nasty racial bullying when her family immigrated to Australia 50 years ago. She passes as white, yet her heritage was shunned harshly. As such, she raised me to be all inclusive.
These assumptions are damaging and all too common. How is grouping me in with other white-passing people any better than racism?

>Because half the time, no credit is given
If we're all gonna be giving credit to things borrowed from other cultures, it's gonna be a massive pain in the ass. Do you thank Italy every time you eat a piece of pizza? I know it's different because of oppression/power, but I really don't think being selective and hung up about it is progressive.

>If anything, it's black people who are banned from wearing their hair in a non-white way
That doesn't address my point, dude. Your point is more about encouraging people of colour to adapt to white culture; quite a counter point.

>I'm not really sure what it's like in Australia, but that does sound annoying as fuck
It is... Opinions here seem to be based on what's popular in the social media. Our people know more about American issues and politics than our own, which is quite frankly embarrassing.
>>
>>39356391
>>39357476
Encouraging is a soft word in this situation*

Side-note, I appreciate the thought-out, considered answers. I've had these conversations before and people (mainly guilty white SJW tumblr hipsters) which end in me being ignored and yelled at.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.